Marine trick jumping guide

CRaZyCAT_RusCRaZyCAT_Rus Russia Join Date: 2013-10-31 Member: 188899Members, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow
edited October 2014 in NS2 General Discussion
Final version:

Previous version:

24-minute video guide how to reach inaccessible vents and other places.
Russian speech.

Any critics of mine sick english subs, jumps or suggestions are welcome

Comments

• NordicNordic Long term camping in Kodiak Join Date: 2012-05-13 Member: 151995Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Shadow
    I will watch it muted tonight for hopefully some I don't know of.
  • CRaZyCAT_RusCRaZyCAT_Rus Russia Join Date: 2013-10-31 Member: 188899Members, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow
    joshhh wrote: »
    Read the title and assumed it was another pogo marine complaint thread. I assumed wrong. Good sht sir.

Sorry, I realy didn't know how to explain this :)

What title is better?
  • d4rkAlfd4rkAlf Sweden Join Date: 2013-11-12 Member: 189309Members, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow
    joshhh wrote: »
    Read the title and assumed it was another pogo marine complaint thread. I assumed wrong. Good sht sir.

Sorry, I realy didn't know how to explain this :)

What title is better?

Something including the words "trick jumping" would be more suitable in my opinion.
  • NordicNordic Long term camping in Kodiak Join Date: 2012-05-13 Member: 151995Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Shadow
    edited October 2014
    As a veteran I must say I am impressed because a good majority of those jumps I did not know about. A few of the ones I know about are really hard, yet you made look easy. I also did not know you could use mines like that. Who ever says mine ladders don't exist anymore is wrong.

You didn't do the map refinery unless I somehow missed that. I know a few spots there, but you could get anywhere almost.

"Marine trick jumping guide" would work.
  • d0ped0gd0ped0g Join Date: 2003-05-25 Member: 16679Members
    Initial reaction after reading thread title: "OH FFS NOT THIS AGAIN!"
    After clicking into thread: *lowers pitchfork*
  • CRaZyCAT_RusCRaZyCAT_Rus Russia Join Date: 2013-10-31 Member: 188899Members, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow
    Golden wrote: »
    Apparently I need to throw a jump video together. You're missing quite a few.

I'm looking forward it. I'm collecting unshowed jumps in common list now, maybe I'll update this video, the more so as I want to fix some video bugs.
  • JoseppeJoseppe Join Date: 2012-01-21 Member: 141497Members
    edited October 2014
    now the official mappers exactly know where to place invisible walls to fix these "exploits" :P

btw: the trick jump for riding the onos is still missing!
  • CalegoCalego Join Date: 2013-01-24 Member: 181848Members, NS2 Map Tester
    edited October 2014
    Mines. Brilliant. Absolutely brilliant. One more reason mines are a marine's best friend.

Also: Why can I only awesome this once?
  • BobRossTheBossBobRossTheBoss Join Date: 2012-12-31 Member: 176824Members
    edited November 2014
    I just released the final version of the video.

- 4 jumps added
    - fixed some video bugs
    - added forgotten mine jumps on summit. It was recorded long time ago, but I forgot to add this in previous version
    - crossroad jump remaked

The jump around 14 minutes in ore is a lot easier and doesn't require trigonometry. Face parallel to the little ledge, strafe and jump (not strafe-jump).

also, here are 2 kodiak ones, although all i have is a screenshot:
    ]2wevpyc.jpg

You can get onto the ship either by jumping from the ledge over the door or by jumping from the tailfins on it. Or you can just jump up using the gun on the front. Once you're on the ship, there is a crane similar to the one in hub on tram. Jump on it, then run up to the same spot as the one on tram and jump towards the railing. You have to jump twice. Once there you can run over to the vent. Jumping in is a bit weird, I find that strafe jumping into the vent usually works.
    30xah77.jpg

run along the rail and do a normal jump straight towards the back of the light post. You don't have to do a normal jump, I just find it easier to do in this particular jump. Once on the light post you can easily jump to the ledge above.

There's a couple lot of other ones in kodiak that I haven't taken a picture of, including mine jumps. It's a shame that map is so unbalanced and filled with tree textures; fighting in the nature areas is great for marines because of the elevation changes.