Misson Mod - Need some programmer

LyDDaLyDDa Join Date: 2014-05-21 Member: 196162Members
edited September 2014 in Modding
Hey guys,

I had this idea for a new Mod. I would like to call it Mission Mod. (similar to installation missions from Starcraft)

I would prefer this only for Humans against Alien bots at first.

A team of human players fighting against some Bots on nearly linear way through a map. There objectives which can be done and which must be done. The players get weapons/upgrades around the map after they have solved challanges. The Commander gets more Res aswell for different achievements.

On the way through the map the players will challange different type of rooms (e.g. big rooms, small corridors etc.) and aliens (e.g. A tiny Onos, small lerks etc.). And finally they killing the Hive, which should finish the map.

After the round it shows a ranking of the players for a higher motivation to play it again.

At last, why this mod?
To play in a cooperative way with friends can increase the players who gonna play this game.
Its a good way to learn about the game and the physics without to get stomped on pub and feel useless.

I don't write everything whats in my mind. I just hope you understand for what I'm aiming for and if there are some programmers who can help me with this and have interest.
I would create the maps and maybe some balancing stuff with my very limited programming knowledge.

In summary.
Everyone will be welcome to help me with this. But I need a programmer at first who can make this to roll.

Sorry for bad language and thx for reading.

Comments

• Jeffman12Jeffman12 Join Date: 2008-12-05 Member: 65662Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    edited October 2014
    For some reason, I've felt more like NS2 is a team competitive game than a team cooperative game recently, and it was the other way around for NS1.
    While I have an interest in the game design process and try to deconstruct my feelings of games into distinctive elements that contribute to those feelings, I can't put my finger on why I feel this way about NS2 other than I'm automatically bad at it compared to the old NS.

I'd love having a relatively stress free way to play NS2 with my friends, explore the lore/environments and familiarize myself with NS2's workings without feeling like a chump.

That being said, I don't feel like I can meaningfully contribute other than to offer encouragement. I'll keep tabs on this thread, though.
  • BeigeAlertBeigeAlert Texas Join Date: 2013-08-08 Member: 186657Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Diamond, Reinforced - Shadow, Subnautica Playtester, Pistachionauts
    I've thought about this before. It's tricky, because NS2 is balanced around being a multiplayer game, so that's going to create a situation where you either A) Die REALLY easily, B) Don't face more than 2 enemies in a single encounter, C) Marines are made much much tougher than they are now, which would make this have less to do with regular NS2, or D) you respawn after dying, but this would turn the game into a walking-simulator.
  • GhoulofGSG9GhoulofGSG9 Join Date: 2013-03-31 Member: 184566Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, Reinforced - Supporter, WC 2013 - Supporter, Pistachionauts
    This remind me totally of Xenoswarm ;)
  • LyDDaLyDDa Join Date: 2014-05-21 Member: 196162Members
    Im thinking about endbosses, special terrains, items to find, challanges, enemies coming out vents behind you and a lot more. definetly not like xenoswarm! kind of I admit! But... Not against simple bots which coming just straight to you and playing only for points like in xenoswarm

Im also thinking about to do the same with aliens, but time after time. (more like splintercell, massattacking)

@Jeffman12
    why not cooperative and competitive? Do Blizzard were thinkin when they created Starcraft it would be one of the most famous competitive games in the world?

My study starting soon and I will learning programming. I don't know if I will have time to do this by my own, but I will try...