ERROR: coudnt download mod " (file does not exist in steam workshop)

RadimaXRadimaX Join Date: 2013-02-05 Member: 182840Members
a2hG4Kz.jpg?1
i can deactivate it, i can delete mods folder, but every time i open ns2 it tries to download a mod without a name on an endless loop so i cannot even join a server...

here is what the console says constantly:
XQHyLHs.jpg

So how can i unsubscribe to it if i first dont even know name of it? or even IF i did, IT STILL DOES NOT EXIST???...no matter what name it got.

Comments

• RadimaXRadimaX Join Date: 2013-02-05 Member: 182840Members
    edited September 2014
    forgot to say i cannot click anythng while its trying to download this shit, so i have to manually type CONNECT (and still it gives me could not establish connection since well..it dont find the mod)
    NKDAect.jpg
  • DC_DarklingDC_Darkling Join Date: 2003-07-10 Member: 18068Members, Constellation, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver
    in one of the config files should be a entry for mods. Empty it.
  • GhoulofGSG9GhoulofGSG9 Join Date: 2013-03-31 Member: 184566Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, Reinforced - Supporter, WC 2013 - Supporter, Pistachionauts
    edited September 2014
    in one of the config files should be a entry for mods. Empty it.

That would be /Steam/userdata/<steamid>/4920/remote/options.xml . If that doesn't help please add a tech_support.zip
  • IronHorseIronHorse Developer, QA Manager, Technical Support & contributor Join Date: 2010-05-08 Member: 71669Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Subnautica Playtester, Subnautica PT Lead, Pistachionauts
    edited September 2014
    You need to go to steam workshop THROUGH STEAM and unsubscribe from those mods.
    There's 5 different ways to do this, my favorite is > Steam workshop > scroll down to "Your Workshop files" on the right hand side and click > Click "subscribed items" on the right > unsubscribe from everything.

Sometimes it can take an hour or two for workshop to play catch up with these changes as well, so be patient
    nice thanks guys i will try them all, i was thinking just get another steam account and buy the game again so it works because i NEED to play it :D
    but then again what if one of the servers accidently installs the very same MOD or map or whatever this could be lol so i will check /Steam/userdata/<steamid>/4920/remote/options.xml and workshop
    OMG i can click things! more omg i can play again Thxxx this 2 thing you said should be somewhere very visible on the forums, because it was so useful
    (personally i was thinking a DELETE MOD button in the menu, near the undusbscribe tha just empys out the folder and removes the modname from the config file, but that could maby be complex to do)
  • ZeroEarThZeroEarTh Singapore Join Date: 2014-07-01 Member: 197126Members
    glad you have unsubcribe all mods , thread close >> problem solved :)
  • IronHorseIronHorse Developer, QA Manager, Technical Support & contributor Join Date: 2010-05-08 Member: 71669Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Subnautica Playtester, Subnautica PT Lead, Pistachionauts
    Yea, ideally mods should be disabled entirely whenever a new patch comes out, to account for returning players from months ago to mods not being updated.
    It's a pretty hardline stance to take though.. requiring the user to have to re activate mods every patch