My game Crashes my whole computer and goes batshit crazy when I try to open server browser

StoogeyStoogey Australia (Land Down Under) Join Date: 2013-09-29 Member: 188516Members, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Shadow
edited September 2014 in Technical Support
I Enjoy this game alot.. But this stupid update that break it every season.. Month or what ever.

Here are my specs before I start this.
1df9d28516.jpg

My temperatures when In the game menu
d6c4715715.png

My logs:
Lol game just breaks whenever I try to server browse.. And the debug report crashes itself too.

Alright so I stopped playing at 263 to play other games, Then i come back and want to play and everytime I try to use server browser My pc fumbles stumbles and everything stops responding.. My sound cuts in and out and I load nothing. Then I either need to turn my PC off or Fight it for task manager end proccess tree.

Please any help would be apreciated highly<3

EDIT.

Forgot to add the techsupport.zip
https://www.dropbox.com/s/wyinlptfpquknoy/tech_support.zip?dl=0

Comments

• DC_DarklingDC_Darkling Join Date: 2003-07-10 Member: 18068Members, Constellation, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver
    I can see nothing wrong in your settings at the moment. I also see no errors in your dxdiag dump.
    Considering you stopped at 263 I would like to blame the big changes which came after.

Go to your '%appdata%\natural selection 2' folder
    * unsubscribe all mods for ns2, by steams workshop. (favorite them if you want to add them later)
    * delete options.xml and system_options.xml (yes this makes you need to reconfigure ns2)
    * go into workshop folder and delete all content.
    * go into the cache folder and delete all content.
    * verify your ns2 game cache by steams right click > properties options.

Now when you start ns2 GIVE IT TIME! (you are however allowed to open console).
    It shall need to rebuild some shaders it needs to show the main menu. Your loading as a whole shall also be slower the first times as it rebuilds the rest of its shaders.
  • StoogeyStoogey Australia (Land Down Under) Join Date: 2013-09-29 Member: 188516Members, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Shadow
    I can see nothing wrong in your settings at the moment. I also see no errors in your dxdiag dump.
    Considering you stopped at 263 I would like to blame the big changes which came after.

Go to your '%appdata%\natural selection 2' folder
    * unsubscribe all mods for ns2, by steams workshop. (favorite them if you want to add them later)
    * delete options.xml and system_options.xml (yes this makes you need to reconfigure ns2)
    * go into workshop folder and delete all content.
    * go into the cache folder and delete all content.
    * verify your ns2 game cache by steams right click > properties options.

Now when you start ns2 GIVE IT TIME! (you are however allowed to open console).
    It shall need to rebuild some shaders it needs to show the main menu. Your loading as a whole shall also be slower the first times as it rebuilds the rest of its shaders.

It worked for a second, Then the same problems happened except that I got 12 debug report popups. ._.
  • StoogeyStoogey Australia (Land Down Under) Join Date: 2013-09-29 Member: 188516Members, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Shadow
  • GhoulofGSG9GhoulofGSG9 Join Date: 2013-03-31 Member: 184566Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, Reinforced - Supporter, WC 2013 - Supporter, Pistachionauts
    Ok here is what we need you to do to get use the info we need tobe able to fix the issue you seem to have.

After ns2 has crashed, go into your ns2 install folder ( right click at ns2 in your Steam Library → Properties → Local Files → Browse Local Files ) and start the TechSupport.exe .

That will generate a tech_support.zip including a application memory crash dump of ns2. Upload this zip somewhere and post a link here.
    edited September 2014
    Ok here is what we need you to do to get use the info we need tobe able to fix the issue you seem to have.

After ns2 has crashed, go into your ns2 install folder ( right click at ns2 in your Steam Library → Properties → Local Files → Browse Local Files ) and start the TechSupport.exe .

That will generate a tech_support.zip including a application memory crash dump of ns2. Upload this zip somewhere and post a link here.

I just assume my game content was corrupt and nuked the whole game. Deleted everything, It fixed itself.

Note to everyone with this problem Follow this guide
    http://forums.unknownworlds.com/discussion/131428/obbys-full-nuke-ns2-guide-only-way-to-be-sure#latest

Made by @Obraxis
    But when Ingame im still getting debug reports and it alt tabs me.
  • IronHorseIronHorse Developer, QA Manager, Technical Support & contributor Join Date: 2010-05-08 Member: 71669Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Subnautica Playtester, Subnautica PT Lead, Pistachionauts
    Again... when you get those debug reports and it alt tabs you.. run that techsupport.exe WITH THE CRASHED NS2 WINDOW STILL OPEN so it captures a dump file.
    It will be a large zip you will have to upload somewhere and link us to.
    This is the fastest way for us to find the issue and fix it.

You may be having a GPU driver issue, since NS2 doesn't see your GPU as being able to run PhysX, how the game handles physics.
    You can attempt to uninstall your graphics drivers and then reinstall them.