Server problems and error at connection

2»

Comments

• shindukeshinduke germany Join Date: 2014-09-05 Member: 198273Members
    And there is anoter thing... I´ve updated the Serverbrowser 10 times and get 11 server with a ping under 75. 1 Of them i can join (see Picture). Why the hell i can join 1 server and the other not, why all server has a ping of 999?
  • IronHorseIronHorse Developer, QA Manager, Technical Support & contributor Join Date: 2010-05-08 Member: 71669Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Subnautica Playtester, Subnautica PT Lead, Pistachionauts
    edited October 2014
    shinduke wrote: »
    It´s interessting that every server has a ping of 999 if i update the list several times it change to normal with pings between 50 and 150.
    That's symptomatic of your router flooding.
    Have you checked the logs in your router for evidence of this?
    It seems its a very common occurrence with that Speedport router

Until you can bypass your router, this is really not worth diagnosing further...
    It's a basic test to perform and it rules out the MOST probably cause.
    The time it's taken you to run these other tests and take screenshots and upload them could have been spent bypassing your router one way or another.
    Hey guys...thanks for your help but i think i found the problem. In the router system list was this "07.10.2014 14:14:56 DHCP ist aktiv: 07.10.2014 14:14:56 fe80::1 (DH101)". The problem is the router and its integrated firewall that i can´t turn off. Time to buy another one because NS2 seems not the only one game i can´t play. Nearly the half of my gamelist don´t run. I´ve tested it now. I don´t have any DOS attaks on the router and nothing else helped me.
    Yesterday i could join a server and today the same one don´t run. Don´t know why but it seems strange.
  • METROIDMETROID Join Date: 2012-10-31 Member: 165171Members, Reinforced - Supporter
    Try to update router's firmware.
    Firmware is up to date...
    After some tries i opened the ports 27000-27030 and somehow i can now join the server from the list of GhoulofGSG9.
    The only problem is that i dont see if there ist someone on the server. I have to join them and see if someone is there. all server has 0/x player and a update don´t function.
  • ATFATF Join Date: 2014-05-09 Member: 195944Members
  • IronHorseIronHorse Developer, QA Manager, Technical Support & contributor Join Date: 2010-05-08 Member: 71669Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Subnautica Playtester, Subnautica PT Lead, Pistachionauts
    shinduke wrote: »
    The problem is the router
    Like I said a month ago ;)
    Glad progress is made, see you in game
  • GhoulofGSG9GhoulofGSG9 Join Date: 2013-03-31 Member: 184566Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, Reinforced - Supporter, WC 2013 - Supporter, Pistachionauts
    @shinduke‌ Try to use the steam server browser by adding ips to it under favorites ( you can open it via steam -> view -> servers ). Strangely that way ppl with this issue are able to query ns2 servers just fine.

You can look up the server ips at nulldevises site or directly at the hive ;)