Subscribed Mods not working

MetalGarretMetalGarret Join Date: 2011-12-24 Member: 138953Members
I recently subscribed to the New Congolmorite Skin mod and went into the Mods menu and turned it on but it's not working in game. Same thing with my Reinforcement badge (Gold). It's not showing up at all. Something I'm missing?

Comments

• IronHorseIronHorse Developer, QA Manager, Technical Support & contributor Join Date: 2010-05-08 Member: 71669Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Subnautica Playtester, Subnautica PT Lead, Pistachionauts
    edited August 2014
    So whether you can run certain mods depends on the server's consistency settings (anti cheat)
    By default, all viewmodels (meaning your own person hands or teeth, not anyone else in the game world) and HUD items and alien vision are NOT CHECKED .. meaning you can run anything you want typically unless that particular server went crazy with their settings.

The downside is that changing models or skins or sounds for other things not yourself (like making skulks bright pink to help you see them in dark rooms) is not allowed by default.

Here's the default settings:
    {
    "restrict": [ "lua/entry/*.entry" ],
    "check": [ "game_setup.xml", "*.lua", "*.hlsl", "*.shader", "*.screenfx", "*.surface_shader", "*.fxh", "*.render_setup", "*.shader_template", "*.level", "*.dds", "*.jpg", "*.png", "*.cinematic", "*.material", "*.model", "*.animation_graph", "*.polygons", "*.fev", "*.fsb" ],

"ignore": [ "ui/*.dds", "*_view*.dds", "*_view*.material", "*_view*.model", "models/marine/hands/*", "sound/*_client.fev", "sound/*_client.fsb", "shaders/DarkVision.hlsl", "shaders/DarkVision.screenfx", "shaders/DarkVision.shader" ]
    }
  • GhoulofGSG9GhoulofGSG9 Join Date: 2013-03-31 Member: 184566Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, Reinforced - Supporter, WC 2013 - Supporter, Pistachionauts
    edited August 2014
    I recently subscribed to the New Congolmorite Skin mod and went into the Mods menu and turned it on but it's not working in game. Same thing with my Reinforcement badge (Gold). It's not showing up at all. Something I'm missing?

For your reinforcement badge you have to first link it to your forum account via the link you got after purchase and then look at this: http://unknownworlds.com/ns2/redeem-in-game-badges/