Dutch Translation (attempt 2)

DC_DarklingDC_Darkling Join Date: 2003-07-10 Member: 18068Members, Constellation, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver
edited August 2014 in Translation
Community of dutch NS2 translators / translations

I made this new topic so I get informed when anyone posts.
At the moment I am now capable to accept translations to be included in ns2. Having me receive a message when someone posts may speed up the result. ;)

Dutch conversation in this topic is allowed as translation talk is in order.

What can you do?
* Translate strings, according to the guidelines.
* Vote for existing strings. High upvotes according to the guidelines will be most likely approved.

Ideas!
* Put gaming terms in "term_here",if the word is similar.
* If the word is not similar put it in (term_here) like 'ons baken (observatory) wordt aangevallen'.
The idea is that this will be easier to grasp for folk with far to few knowledge of english to realise what it means, even in sentence context.

(My) To do:
* Read entire stringlist for consistency. (Example, eject is a function people use and should not be translated. A confirmation about a eject is technically client only, but if this is translated consistency in the translation is gone.)
* Fix any consistency errors first to resolve future issues.
* (re)approve correct translation. Approval rate is around 1% atm for some reason.
* correct or improve others strings.
* translate new ones.

Comments

• DC_DarklingDC_Darkling Join Date: 2003-07-10 Member: 18068Members, Constellation, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver
    edited August 2014
    (My) To do:
    * Read entire stringlist for consistency. (Example, eject is a function people use and should not be translated. A confirmation about a eject is technically client only, but if this is translated consistency in the translation is gone.)
    - Done, to few strings translated to bother. Just redoing everything is faster.
    - In progress with approving/adding strings. Correct strings which fail to be consistent shall NOT be approved!
    * (re)approve correct translation. Approval rate is around 1% atm for some reason.
    - Approving and adding translations. Many are technically correct but do not conform to 'new' format to include the gaming term also. Not translating the gaming term can be confusing for gamers who do not speak any english.
    * correct or improve others strings.
    - To few to bother, just adding new ones instead.
    * translate new ones.
    - 13% and rising.
  • DC_DarklingDC_Darkling Join Date: 2003-07-10 Member: 18068Members, Constellation, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver
    Inbetween step before continuing list:
    * Check current translated strings in game, in context with high and low resolution and similar options. Adjust if needed.
    Progress:
    Everything op to 'CHOOSE_SPAWN' is checked and should be ok unless new strings arrive.
    If mistakes are found up to this point please comment in this topic. Upvotes will not be noticed on their own!

Mistakes below 'CHOOSE_SPAWN' can occur as these have not been checked yet, and are probably not up to current standard.

Problem:
    AUTO_TEAM_BALANCE_TOOLTIP (Team Balance enabled. You will spawn when your teammates die.\nYou can switch teams to spawn faster. Press %s to switch teams.) [Use original text as translation]
    "Team Balans (Team Balance) staat aan. Je zal tot leven komen wanneer een teamgenoot doodgaat.nJe kan sneller tot leven komen als je van team wisselt. Klik %s om van team te wisselen."
    [ 0p. / CURRENTLY USED TRANSLATION / delete ]

In the dutch sentence the \n REFUSES to stay and keeps turning into n.
    Would appreciate ideas as to why. @GhoulofGSG9 or @Pelargir have any ideas? Did this happen in translations in your language?
  • PelargirPelargir Join Date: 2013-07-02 Member: 185857Members, Forum Moderators, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, WC 2013 - Silver, Forum staff
    Yes, it happened & Ghoul helped me a bit about those. Actually, you should mention the "\n" in your translated sentences. But that's right, they did not show up when you reread that you did, for some reasons. But, you have to keep it like that, it should work fine. Personally, I had an issue with said string 'cause if you miss those, your sentences will appear in only one line.

So, keep it like that.
    @Pelargir‌
    So if I type \n and save, and it shows just n, the system will STILL use \n so basicly.. do not touch when entered correctly?
  • PelargirPelargir Join Date: 2013-07-02 Member: 185857Members, Forum Moderators, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, WC 2013 - Silver, Forum staff
    @Pelargir‌
    So if I type \n and save, and it shows just n, the system will STILL use \n so basicly.. do not touch when entered correctly?

Yup.
    A odd bug but as long as it works. Thanks @Pelargir‌
    A odd bug but as long as it works. Thanks @Pelargir‌

If you want to think a bit about this bug, feel free. HAHAHA
  • GhoulofGSG9GhoulofGSG9 Join Date: 2013-03-31 Member: 184566Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, Reinforced - Supporter, WC 2013 - Supporter, Pistachionauts
    edited August 2014
    @DC_Darkling‌ download the txt and check it if the \n are in correct if not tell me so. We had that bug allready in the past but should be fixed. I goes the popup just filters out \ due to the fact that it add a \ infront of a " to show up correctly in-game.
    @GhoulofGSG9‌
    The file itself foes indeed contain \n, so I assume it works until proven otherwise. Thanks
    edited September 2014
    (My) To do:
    - In progress with approving/adding strings. Correct strings which fail to be consistent shall NOT be approved!
    * (re)approve correct translation.
    - Approving and adding translations. Many are technically correct but do not conform to 'new' format to include the gaming term also. Not translating the gaming term can be confusing for gamers who do not speak any English.
    * translate new ones.
    - 19,92% and rising.

Current last checked string, by alphabet:
    CRAG_UMBRA_TOOLTIP
    edited December 2014
    (My) To do:
    Keeping consistency is becoming increasingly time consuming so be sure to check when adding new strings. If there are multiple ways to translate, it should be translated like previous sentences.. Example: RESEARCHED > ONDERZOCHT.
    - Approving and adding translations. Many are technically correct but do not conform to 'new' format to include the gaming term also. Not translating the gaming term can be confusing for gamers who do not speak any English.
    * translate new ones.
    - 28.26% and rising.

FLAMETHROWER
    edited December 2015
    Since al the changes are making ns2 more popular again, hopefully.. I will try to make time to continue this.

Actually ill put it in my calender. Because atm I should have time for it. Lets do this!
    edited December 2015
    (My) To do:
    Keeping consistency is becoming increasingly time consuming so be sure to check when adding new strings. If there are multiple ways to translate, it should be translated like previous sentences.. Example: RESEARCHED > ONDERZOCHT.
    * translate new ones.
    - 32.44%% and rising.

HALLUCINATE_SHIFT_TOOLTIP