MSI GeForce GTX 760

KKyleKKyle Michigan Join Date: 2005-07-01 Member: 55067Members
Sorry, not a technical issue. More of an "off topic" type of thread, but since there isn't a place for "off topic", I am posting here. (Could, use, more, commas).

Anywho... for the longest time i've adapted around having to play NS2 with ultra low settings with matching ultra low FPS. My current card is seriously not worth mentioning or even looking up the name of. It's just here in the computer for it to work properly and to boot up. But this didn't stop me from investing into NS2. It only made me change my playstyle. For the longest time I would only command, only go gorge, or only go against resource towers as marines. I would have to hide away from main combat of being a front liner as a fade, lerk, onos, or even jetpack/exo.

To be honest I've kind of liked this approach of adapting around my crappy graphics card. It made me hop in the commanders chair for starters and see the game through a different perspective. In NS1 I NEVER commanded. I think it's the pressure from the team all talking at once with different ideas and everyone is trained to look at the commander to look past all of that and say "Ok guys, this is what you do...". (Which in my opinion is not the proper way to command anyway. In my opinion the commander just does the job because it's built into the game. The team and players should know what to do on their own without a helping hand from an already busy commander.)

But yeah, without going too off topic here I am simply just waiting for this new graphics card to arrive. It's really difficult to suppress the urge of playing.. but once it comes in, you can bet your arse i'll be back in NS2!

Here's some links for anyone interested in the graphics card

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814127745

http://gpuboss.com/graphics-card/MSI-GeForce-GTX-760

and plenty of youtube videos....

Comments

• SamusDroidSamusDroid Colorado Join Date: 2013-05-13 Member: 185219Members, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Gold, Subnautica Playtester, NS2 Community Developer, Pistachionauts
  • NordicNordic Long term camping in Kodiak Join Date: 2012-05-13 Member: 151995Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Shadow
    A guy I used to play with quite a bit went from an old crappy pc to a modern at the time 2500k/670 (still a great combo). He went from lowest scoring team member to one of the best. You might get a similar reaction.
  • KKyleKKyle Michigan Join Date: 2005-07-01 Member: 55067Members
    edited August 2014
    james888 wrote: »
    A guy I used to play with quite a bit went from an old crappy pc to a modern at the time 2500k/670 (still a great combo). He went from lowest scoring team member to one of the best. You might get a similar reaction.

Woah ho ho that sounds like eating a packet of sugar just to get the rush out of it. The effects are merely temperamental rushes. Could be wrong though, according to this article http://www.technologyx.com/featured/sli-2x-msi-gtx-760-2gb-twin-frozr-iv-gaming-oc-edition-review/4/ an average of 72fps with direct x 11/ultra high is possible :D.

Edit: May be able to stream/cast & referee NSL league matches, too!
  • That_Annoying_KidThat_Annoying_Kid Sire of Titles Join Date: 2003-03-01 Member: 14175Members, Constellation
    I skilled out of ns from not having a good computer, when I got higher framerate I finally turned the corner

now that I have a GTX 770 NS2 looks good & plays good. But I still hanker for NS