Crashing / server files out of date? [268]

ezekelezekel Join Date: 2012-11-29 Member: 173589Members, NS2 Map Tester
edited August 2014 in Technical Support
Not sure what's going on but whenever I join any server it tells me my server files are out of date, if I try to host my own listen server the game itself crashes

The only mod running is ns2+, I did just add a custom crosshair to my workshop folder but disabling it and it still gave the error, I then moved the crosshair to my main game directory so it seems unrelated.

I was only able to get on one server, so I'm thinking ns2+ is out of date somehow and not updating by itself??

ns2+ is on version 206, I can only connect to one server.. and I can't use listen servers

Comments

• Martin7Martin7 Join Date: 2012-03-04 Member: 148108Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Gold, Reinforced - Diamond, Reinforced - Shadow
    My understanding is that you had at least two local mods activated, Ns2+ and Custom crosshair mod - did you ever try to disable also NS2+? I also got those error Messages and I got the advice to turn off all local mods. So far I believe this is a known bug (not sure if its related to NS2+ or build268).
  • ezekelezekel Join Date: 2012-11-29 Member: 173589Members, NS2 Map Tester
    I just subscribed to ns2+ on the workshop and that made me able to host a local server

However joining other servers it still tells me it's out of date and I can only join one

I removed the custom crosshair MOD and overwrite my crosshairs with the new ones so it does not count as a mod, so only ns2+ is running
    edited August 2014
    Here's something I pulled from console: Worker 06: Error: Consistency checking failed on file 'lua/entry/customhud.entry'

But inside that folder is nothing. Edit: Can confirm disabling ns2+ allows me to join again
  • AsranielAsraniel Join Date: 2002-06-03 Member: 724Members, Playtest Lead, Forum Moderators, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow, Subnautica Playtester, Retired Community Developer
    Did you check your local files with steam? Might be that this file is missing somehow. Steam can correct that
  • DC_DarklingDC_Darkling Join Date: 2003-07-10 Member: 18068Members, Constellation, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver
    Yes I have noticed that you can NOT join a ns2+ server if ns2+ is loaded clientside beforehand.
    Just disable it clientside and let the server enable it and you shall be fine. :)
    First I subscribed to it from the steam workshop

Then I turned off the mod and joined a regular server, after it connected I disconnected, enabled the mod and restarted and I seem to be able to join now
  • IronHorseIronHorse Developer, QA Manager, Technical Support & contributor Join Date: 2010-05-08 Member: 71669Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Subnautica Playtester, Subnautica PT Lead, Pistachionauts
    This is fixed for next patch (mods that cannot be used when joining a server will be unmounted and disabled instead of you being kicked)
    IronHorse wrote: »
    This is fixed for next patch (mods that cannot be used when joining a server will be unmounted and disabled instead of you being kicked)

Thanks, so what was it exactly - related to mods in general, or was it an ns2+ thing?
  • IronHorseIronHorse Developer, QA Manager, Technical Support & contributor Join Date: 2010-05-08 Member: 71669Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Subnautica Playtester, Subnautica PT Lead, Pistachionauts
    related to mods in general.
    Something got broke recently.. it shouldn't have done that.
    We've tested mods extensively in this latest patch though to ensure this and other issues are not going to create issues.
    (First time we've done so in a looonnggg time...)