smangionesmangione usa Join Date: 2014-08-25 Member: 198106Members
my pc specs are
geforce gtx 760
i5-4440
12 gigs of ram
windows 8.1
my fps stayed at 8 and didn't change when going from low to high

Comments

• IronHorseIronHorse Developer, QA Manager, Technical Support & contributor Join Date: 2010-05-08 Member: 71669Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Subnautica Playtester, Subnautica PT Lead, Pistachionauts
    can you upload your techsupport.exe zip file please?
    That sounds like something is very wrong, like the game isn't utilizing your GPU.. are you on a laptop?
  • smangionesmangione usa Join Date: 2014-08-25 Member: 198106Members
    edited August 2014
    nope desktop and where would i post techsupport.exe?
    edited August 2014
    ignore this comment
  • IronHorseIronHorse Developer, QA Manager, Technical Support & contributor Join Date: 2010-05-08 Member: 71669Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Subnautica Playtester, Subnautica PT Lead, Pistachionauts
    Looks like you were playing with lots of bots, which are very very CPU heavy the more you have.
    Just FYI There are some issues with bots this patch that should be fixed soon, so you may encounter some issues. I have no idea if this is why you have 8 fps, or whether its the CPU strain on a 3ghz i5 running so many bots..

If you still experience this issue when joining an actual game (i recommend a rookie ONLY, not rookie friendly, server, if you can) then please follow these next set of instructions:
    Try running your game in Fullscreen mode only, not windowed.

If that doesnt do it, turn both these items off in your graphics options:
    Ambient occlusion
    Atmospherics

And then see if it's any better for you.

If not: please type p_logall in the console (which is the ~ key) when you spawn in a game it will record everyhing for that round.
    If you can reproduce your issue easily enough you dont need much recorded, maybe 5 or 10 minutes tops.
    Compress it / zip it.. then upload it somewhere and link it here so we can look at what is causing it.

But i'm pretty sure its the number of bots you are trying to run ;)