Two bugs in 268

SupaFredSupaFred Join Date: 2013-03-03 Member: 183652Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Silver
I encountered two new bugs tonight.

I had a gorge tunnel up and when one entrance got destroyed the other stayed open. Screenshot

I killed an onos (probably a hallucination) and the damage count got up to 2000 with the rifle. Clip

Comments

• IronHorseIronHorse Developer, QA Manager, Technical Support & contributor Join Date: 2010-05-08 Member: 71669Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Subnautica Playtester, Subnautica PT Lead, Pistachionauts
    Looks like you were on a server using experimental rates...
    If you are able to reproduce this in a vanilla server or one less modified please let us know.
    Both of those are reallllly odd.
  • SupaFredSupaFred Join Date: 2013-03-03 Member: 183652Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Silver
    @IronHorse‌ Yes the server was set to tick rate: 40, move rate: 40, send rate: 35, interp: 60, bwlimit: 75. It runs on 100/100 Mbit/s with NS2+ and Shine admin. No client mods. I'll revert to default network settings and get back to you if it happens again.

So changed rates can cause these kinds of problems?
  • GhoulofGSG9GhoulofGSG9 Join Date: 2013-03-31 Member: 184566Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, Reinforced - Supporter, WC 2013 - Supporter, Pistachionauts
    SupaFred wrote: »
    @IronHorse‌ Yes the server was set to tick rate: 40, move rate: 40, send rate: 35, interp: 60, bwlimit: 75. It runs on 100/100 Mbit/s with NS2+ and Shine admin. No client mods. I'll revert to default network settings and get back to you if it happens again.

So changed rates can cause these kinds of problems?

The second one could be probably be caused by a increased tickrate.
  • IronHorseIronHorse Developer, QA Manager, Technical Support & contributor Join Date: 2010-05-08 Member: 71669Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Subnautica Playtester, Subnautica PT Lead, Pistachionauts
    I think it's the interp.
    Every time we tested 60 interp internally we had complaints from notable issues.

Matso would know better, but I recommend setting it to 70 so it can do its job and make up for a missed packet since send rate is 35 (if the first is missed at 35 then it sends it again in +35 which is 70, so 60 would prevent it from its purpose)