Klick Server browser -> Crash

2»

Comments

• Ser_CahirenSer_Cahiren Join Date: 2013-11-06 Member: 189073Members
    Have you tried changing steam servers? Steam > settings > downloads > download region

Try -> nothing

Have you tried limiting the Steam Server Browser Max pings per minute?? Steam > Settings > in-game > set to 250

Try -> nothing

Also can you put your router in DMZ mode temporarily to ensure it is not blocking anything?

My router give options enable on and enable off a have it off

And check the router logs for flooding.. your router should store logs somewhere (in folders or in the UI) and after failing to connect from the server you should immediately look for something like:
    03/07/2010 14:01:25 **UDP flood** 213.208.162.69, 58733->> 92.52.208.121, 49687 (from PPPoE1 Inbound)

i take look into logs and i was not able find any log about this.

Looks like your router is sensitive to flooding, and that could definitely be what's happening as the server browser populates the list. (try that steam max pings setting!)
    You may also be able to increase your TCP/UDP timeout limit to a higher number in order to prevent this flooding.

As a workaround when i had this issue using a 4G connection for a while... i would just let the server list populate for a few minutes and when everything settled completely then i'd select a server.

I just find if i join some game from concole and i play 30 and more minutes (time is only tip) my server browser start working but only in game if i left game into main menu serwer browser crash like before.
  • Shadow_GERShadow_GER Germany Join Date: 2013-10-31 Member: 188913Members
    @IronHorse

Some 2 me like Ser_Cahiren

I have a Fritz!Box 7490 and I am at Telekom Germany. My PC is wired.

Have you tried changing steam servers? Steam > settings > downloads > download region

Try -> nothing

Have you tried limiting the Steam Server Browser Max pings per minute?? Steam > Settings > in-game > set to 250

Try -> nothing

Also can you put your router in DMZ mode temporarily to ensure it is not blocking anything?

Dont have the option

And check the router logs for flooding.. your router should store logs somewhere (in folders or in the UI) and after failing to connect from the server you should immediately look for something like:
    03/07/2010 14:01:25 **UDP flood** 213.208.162.69, 58733->> 92.52.208.121, 49687 (from PPPoE1 Inbound)

FritzBox dont have a log :-(

I never change something on the Router. Dont using an other Firewall.

After i am connectet to a Server by Joining a friend or per Console "Reconnect" and play for a while an can use the Serverbrowser normaly!

After the Update my Loadtime has incredible increaseed. From 32 sec. to 295 or last timt 306 sec by loading the first time. After mapchange it took before 8 sec. now 45 or 76 sec.
  • ATFATF Join Date: 2014-05-09 Member: 195944Members
    Thats the most recent FritzBox. I'm trying hard to think of anything it can't do!
    Since you're clueless about it, it's prob on default settings. On those i speculate that it's not causing any issues. It's got a traffic monitor where you can see if the connection is clogged or not.
    fritz.box/internet/inetstat_monitor.lua

The loadtime issue is probably your Antivirus, see:
    forums.unknownworlds.com/discussion/135437/ns2-loading-time-is-still-pretty-long-even-after-268

• Ser_CahirenSer_Cahiren Join Date: 2013-11-06 Member: 189073Members
    Sorry, but i really have no clue. I try shit down my antivirus but loading time is same. This problem come from nowhere. One day i play normal second day i come from work turn on PC update steam, play NS2 and problem is up.
  • ATFATF Join Date: 2014-05-09 Member: 195944Members
    edited August 2014
    I meant Shadow when I said clueless, not you @Ser_Cahiren. But that doesn't help anyone.
    Up to now I've heard from 3 people that disabling the Antivirus or setting NS2 to trusted, did not help their worsened loading time.

If you want, you can collect memory dumps of the server browser crashes from your ns2 client for the devs.
    Look here for a brief instruction on how to to it.
  • DC_DarklingDC_Darkling Join Date: 2003-07-10 Member: 18068Members, Constellation, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver
  • Soul_RiderSoul_Rider Mod Bean Join Date: 2004-06-19 Member: 29388Members, Constellation, Squad Five Blue
    @IronHorse‌ - As far as I am aware, the flooding issue was only ever with wireless connections due to the way they work. I have never heard of this happening to a wired connection.

My BT broadband used a router that gave me wireless flooding, the only way to fix it was to go wired. I had no issues wired, but whenever I unplugged the cable and went wireless, I had the issue again.
  • IronHorseIronHorse Developer, QA Manager, Technical Support & contributor Join Date: 2010-05-08 Member: 71669Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Subnautica Playtester, Subnautica PT Lead, Pistachionauts
    edited August 2014
    @Soul_Rider‌ It happened for Thomson routers quite frequently, actually, wired or not.
    Wireless brings a whole 'nother set of issues though! hehe

Load times will be fixed in the next patch that will be released soon.

As far as the server browser issues: Did you try my workaround? Allow the list to populate and refresh everything... then let it sit there fore 40 seconds or so before attempting to join.
    Not getting access to your router is going to make fixing this issue very difficult.