Reinforced taunt

Comments

• rkfgrkfg Russia Join Date: 2013-09-03 Member: 187744Members, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Gold, Reinforced - Diamond, Reinforced - Shadow
    Ok, will remember that. I know that threads can easily go to the second page and be never read at all so I have quite a few choices: either wait for the next build crossing my fingers (and find out that the issue isn't fixed like the mic issue) or bump the thread once in a while earning myself a bad reputation. I don't like both of these choices. Because if I report something here it means that I'm either out of solutions and need help or the issue is not something I can fix myself.

Thanks for responses and keep up the good work.
  • SamusDroidSamusDroid Colorado Join Date: 2013-05-13 Member: 185219Members, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Gold, Subnautica Playtester, NS2 Community Developer, Pistachionauts
    edited August 2014
    I really have no clue why it isn't working. I was the one who fixed it and am sure that it worked for me. Someone I asked said that in about 20 times there was a pause 3 times. Verifying game files didn't fix it either. So I really have no clue why it doesn't work.

And what is this "mic issue" I haven't heard about it yet. You can pm me anytime of day and I will answer you. I don't want to derail the thread so pm me.
  • IronHorseIronHorse Developer, QA Manager, Technical Support & contributor Join Date: 2010-05-08 Member: 71669Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Subnautica Playtester, Subnautica PT Lead, Pistachionauts
    Feel free to bump threads in tech support forums, I will make an exception for them because it's an area that easily gets swamped and where important issues may need reminding.
    Thanks for being understanding @rkfg :)

p.s. I think Ghoul is looking into the cyrillic script issue
  • agmen92agmen92 zimbabwe Join Date: 2013-03-27 Member: 184486Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    I first bought my shadow tier in full and later some lower tiers.
    I was taunt happy (~1000+ times :p) the other day and didn't hear it once, there's noway RNG hates me THAT much.
  • joohoo_n3djoohoo_n3d Join Date: 2012-10-30 Member: 164703Members, Reinforced - Onos, WC 2013 - Supporter
    @IronHorse http://forums.unknownworlds.com/discussion/comment/2212714/#Comment_2212714
    IronHorse wrote: »
    @joohoo_n3d‌
    I wouldnt make presumptions of QA failing if it was done intentionally due to a technical limitation within the engine (that has been discussed endlessly, internally, with no easy solution) as that may come off rude and uninformed.

It's been like this for months now, btw..

this is why software development needs to be professional and sales based...there needs to be predictable consistent usability and quality and that will not be the case as long as its a community/free time thing.

example ...blender will never have as many users as adobe, maxon, or autodesk products because blender simply does not have the usability or quality that users expect, want, or need.

while its developed by a community of non-dedicated people working on their spare time for free may be heartwarming and allow us an underdog to cheer for... adobe maxon and autodesk products are developed by a dedicated team of full-time professional developers who are more interested in meeting the needs of the user base and keeping their jobs. the community developer team has no such motivation, they do it for fun. they are not accountable to anyone but themselves for the quality of their product. @Flayra

• IronHorseIronHorse Developer, QA Manager, Technical Support & contributor Join Date: 2010-05-08 Member: 71669Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Subnautica Playtester, Subnautica PT Lead, Pistachionauts
    edited August 2014
    @joohoo_n3d‌
    Ns2 wouldn't exist without its long list of community contributions.. In the very least it wouldn't be the ns2 you know now.
    And the only reason ns2 has continued development and why you can customize your player AT ALL is due to this community..

But by all means if you feel that paid staff is the only way to produce professional results, I am certain most of us would take your generous monthly payroll that you are offering. Just pm us your PayPal account to bill.

In the meantime, please cease derailing this tech support thread, this is not the place for business practice discussion.
  • ObraxisObraxis Subnautica Animator & Generalist, NS2 Person Join Date: 2004-07-24 Member: 30071Super Administrators, Forum Admins, NS1 Playtester, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Silver, WC 2013 - Supporter, Subnautica Developer, Pistachionauts
    joohoo_n3d wrote: »
    the community developer team has no such motivation, they do it for fun. they are not accountable to anyone but themselves for the quality of their product. @‌Flayra

Actually, the CDT are accountable to UWE. If they feel what we are doing, or what we release is not up to standard, they can pull all support and NS2 will cease to be developed.

Now, this is getting off topic. If topics continue to be derailed then threads will be closed and people who continue to do so reprimanded.
  • rkfgrkfg Russia Join Date: 2013-09-03 Member: 187744Members, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Gold, Reinforced - Diamond, Reinforced - Shadow
    Please, don't close the thread until the issue is resolved.
  • agmen92agmen92 zimbabwe Join Date: 2013-03-27 Member: 184486Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    Bump.

I really would like to see this bug being fixed slowly since i never was able to make that taunt happen on my end (i did however hear other people using).
    Yeah, this should be a configuration issue, CDT probably can't fix it but UWE devs should be able to find differences between our accounts and those which work fine.
  • BlrgBlrg Join Date: 2013-09-01 Member: 187580Members, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Gold, Reinforced - Shadow
    That shadow taunt never worked to me either, but that is not really important to me...

The CDT is working in much more important things and this should be a low priority matter
  • xDragonxDragon Join Date: 2012-04-04 Member: 149948Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Gold, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Shadow
    I suspect this doesnt work for some because the taunt is based on the response from hive and not the DLC codes
    For rkfg it looks like it returns supporter and not shadow like it should.

his response is here - http://sabot.herokuapp.com/api/get/playerData/36893399

As an example, this is mine - http://sabot.herokuapp.com/api/get/playerData/5176141
  • SamusDroidSamusDroid Colorado Join Date: 2013-05-13 Member: 185219Members, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Gold, Subnautica Playtester, NS2 Community Developer, Pistachionauts
    edited September 2014
    Yes, it's all a tier issue that is something with how you redeemed your keys. Redeem them again and make sure you do it on steam and hive, you have to do it twice, a common mistake.

You can confirm this by doing cheats 1 retier 5 and then taunt
  • xDragonxDragon Join Date: 2012-04-04 Member: 149948Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Gold, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Shadow
    He has the shadow badge listed so it might just be that hive returns the last redeemed tier. If the codes are already redeemed I doubt he can redeem them again.
    edited September 2014
    That could explain why you don't have the taunt. Feathermonster had the same problem with it not working for her, and then it just randomly started working, so who knows.
    Everything was redeemed, shadow skins are working. It's only the taunt that doesn't work. I'm not sure how to redeem again. I can access the humble bundle page with the keys for DLC and the button that opens http://www.naturalselection2.com/reinforced/redeem/[my key here]. I proceed to that page, all fields are filled, I press enter on each of them and according to this page nothing changed. Steam codes can't be activated because they're already used (by me, of course).

I was buying the tiers from Shadow to Supporter, i.e. backwards and that may be the problem. Can it be manually set to the Shadow tier by devs? Proofs of purchase are on the forum and in my mail (I can send the codes for all tiers I have).
    Is there something I could change in the lua scripts to trace the issue? For example, debug output of reinforced tiers the game gets from... wherever it gets them from. Steam or the master server. Or is it hardcoded in the engine?
    The order in which you purchase the reinforced tiers apparently does matter; the latest one i bought was the silver tier, so my response from hive is me being a "silver" tier which is why i can't use the taunt (i guess).
    Is there any way we can overwrite hive's status so it actually recognises the highest tier we bought (shadow)?
    Mashing <Enter> on my (correct) shadow-url in the rewards-section doesn't do anything.
    edited September 2014
    My badges on hive are fine: r7wDsNn.png I clicked the button on "Redeem badges" page, the status from sabot is all the same. This double redeem mechanic is unclean and should be clarified.

PS: agmen92's page claims his reinforced tier as silver. I guess it's a field in some DB that gets updated on any purchase without conditions, so only the latest purchase is stored and returned. Should be if (newTierLevel > oldTierLevel) { doUpdate(newTierLevel); } or such.
  • AsranielAsraniel Join Date: 2002-06-03 Member: 724Members, Playtest Lead, Forum Moderators, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow, Subnautica Playtester, Retired Community Developer
    Thx for trying to debug the issue. the more information the better
    edited September 2014
    Did anyone look into the code of the hive server yet to confirm this? I'd apprectiate to finally have my taunt working even tho it's no biggy..

We all did redeem/setup our reinforce codes properly, it gotta be a hive issue
    I agree, it's not even a game bug but a server/configuration/database. It should be fixable pretty easily by UWE. I wonder why they are so hesitant to change the reinforced level in their DB. It's over a month already...
  • GhoulofGSG9GhoulofGSG9 Join Date: 2013-03-31 Member: 184566Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, Reinforced - Supporter, WC 2013 - Supporter, Pistachionauts
    Does anybody actually give a damn? It's not funny anymore, I bought all the badges in reinforcement, except the expensive ones, and didn't get one promised feature. We even discovered the root of the problem. Fixing it would require a minute (or at least trying to do so). Instead, nothing is being done for almost two months, I don't see any progress on this issue. Is it how UWE treat their supporters? I hate to say that but I don't have many choices left. I want to support UWE, I want to support CDT, but I also expect them fulfilling their promises. It should be a win-win game for everybody.
  • GhoulofGSG9GhoulofGSG9 Join Date: 2013-03-31 Member: 184566Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, Reinforced - Supporter, WC 2013 - Supporter, Pistachionauts
    edited September 2014
    rkfg wrote: »
    Does anybody actually give a damn? It's not funny anymore, I bought all the badges in reinforcement, except the expensive ones, and didn't get one promised feature. We even discovered the root of the problem. Fixing it would require a minute (or at least trying to do so). Instead, nothing is being done for almost two months, I don't see any progress on this issue. Is it how UWE treat their supporters? I hate to say that but I don't have many choices left. I want to support UWE, I want to support CDT, but I also expect them fulfilling their promises. It should be a win-win game for everybody.
    I will add this to my personal fix list for the next patch (if i remember correctly @samusdroid kinda allready fixed it and is currently waiting for approval to merge it atm).
    Overall this one is not hard to fix just by checking for the given shadow dlc client side instead of making it based on the hive.
    edited September 2014
    This is a bug for acedude to fix, he's well aware of the bug, he'll fix it when he has free time, something he has barely any of.
    While I appreciate the efforts put into fixing the bug, isn't it easier in the meantime to fix the hive database? It doesn't require patching any code and we'll see immediately whether it works or not. That's essentially the source of my frustration, this simple step either hasn't been tried at all or there was no messages about its lack of success. I'm ok with waiting for software patches (well... most of the time), I know how hard it is to write and debug code but changing a single database record? I don't believe it's that hard that it requires months to do.
    rkfg wrote: »
    While I appreciate the efforts put into fixing the bug, isn't it easier in the meantime to fix the hive database? It doesn't require patching any code and we'll see immediately whether it works or not. That's essentially the source of my frustration, this simple step either hasn't been tried at all or there was no messages about its lack of success. I'm ok with waiting for software patches (well... most of the time), I know how hard it is to write and debug code but changing a single database record? I don't believe it's that hard that it requires months to do.

You underestimate how busy acedude is and how long it takes to fix. It will be fixed when he has time, I guarantee it.
    Soooo.. What's the status on this?
This discussion has been closed.