General 267 bugs

2»

Comments

• vartijavartija Join Date: 2007-03-02 Member: 60193Members, Constellation, Reinforced - Onos, WC 2013 - Shadow
    MrFangs wrote: »
    - Sometimes when reloading the Rifle, the animation is fine, but there is no sound. (Server Mods: NS2+, Physics MT = on)
    I had this other way around. I heard the reload sound but it didn't reload. I had to switch other gun to get it reloaded.

Also you need to really press and hold the reload button now to be sure it actually reloads.
  • zenefzenef Join Date: 2013-03-07 Member: 183762Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    Reload delay.

If you press reload key as soon as you stop firing/run out of ammo you will not start reloading. Need to wait half a second-second after firing to start reloading.
  • rkfgrkfg Russia Join Date: 2013-09-03 Member: 187744Members, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Gold, Reinforced - Diamond, Reinforced - Shadow
    ZEROibis wrote: »
    If you switch weapons at the moment you run out of amo and then switch back pressing reload will often not reload and you need to press fire instead to get it to start.
    I (and others) had another bug, the rifle won't reload after running out of ammo. Then I need to switch to pistol and back, then I can reload. It wasn't introduced in 267 and happens for a long time. But quite rarely. Though it can really ruin a game when it happens in a big battle.
  • PelargirPelargir Join Date: 2013-07-02 Member: 185857Members, Forum Moderators, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, WC 2013 - Silver, Forum staff
    rkfg wrote: »
    If you switch weapons at the moment you run out of amo and then switch back pressing reload will often not reload and you need to press fire instead to get it to start.
    I (and others) had another bug, the rifle won't reload after running out of ammo. Then I need to switch to pistol and back, then I can reload. It wasn't introduced in 267 and happens for a long time. But quite rarely. Though it can really ruin a game when it happens in a big battle.

Same but this is not so rare for me... That's a bit boring by the way. Because, as already mentioned, if that happens during a fight, you're dead, and usually, you need to shoot, reload & request for ammos when you're in fight.
  • METROIDMETROID Join Date: 2012-10-31 Member: 165171Members, Reinforced - Supporter
    Pelargir wrote: »
    rkfg wrote: »

Same but this is not so rare for me... That's a bit boring by the way. Because, as already mentioned, if that happens during a fight, you're dead, and usually, you need to shoot, reload & request for ammos when you're in fight.
    Hah, my rifle can stuck in the middle of the clip, see my post here.

• ns2isgoodns2isgood Join Date: 2013-04-16 Member: 184847Members
    edited August 2014
    Sometimes the pistol will do it's idle animation while you're shooting. I think it was because I was standing still for a long period sniping a structure from afar.
  • METROIDMETROID Join Date: 2012-10-31 Member: 165171Members, Reinforced - Supporter
    edited August 2014
    I will continue here.

1. Armory's, Arms lab's, Proto's, Spur's, Hive's, etc, animations repeats when you PG to them or Respawn near them.
    See video:

2. When you construct a new PG the previous PG disables for 3-4 sec waiting for the end of deployment of the new PG. For example, you have 2 PGs and building the 3rd one. While deployment of the 3rd PG, the 2nd PG is disabled for use, but you can use 1st PG to transfer to disabled 2nd PG.
    See video:

3. I'm using a 21:9 aspect monitor (2560x1080), and Lerk's stings have a gaps:
    2014-08-17_00015.jpg

4. Veil's poor little tree:
    2014-08-10_00008.jpg
  • MrFangsMrFangs Join Date: 2013-03-27 Member: 184474Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    METROID wrote: »
    2. When you construct a new PG the previous PG disables for 3-4 sec waiting for the end of deployment of the new PG. For example, you have 2 PGs and building the 3rd one. While deployment of the 3rd PG, the 2nd PG is disabled for use, but you can use 1st PG to transfer to disabled 2nd PG.
    I always thought that was intentional? As in, the PGs re-routing their destinations?

4. Veil's poor little tree:
    2014-08-10_00008.jpg
    Aww... that's either sad, or cute :)

MrFangs wrote: »
    I always thought that was intentional? As in, the PGs re-routing their destinations?

No, it is weird. It can re-route in a second when 3rd PG lights up. Why 2nd PG lights down then and we can still transfer to it via 1st PG? 3rd PG must not interfere with transferring between 1st and 2nd PGs before it fully operational (lights up).
  • MrFangsMrFangs Join Date: 2013-03-27 Member: 184474Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    No, it is weird. It can re-route in a second when 3rd PG lights up. Why 2nd PG lights down then and we can still transfer to it via 1st PG? 3rd PG must not interfere with transferring between 1st and 2nd PGs before it fully operational (lights up).
    Ok, I see.

Another minor thing I noticed: In the server browser, the arrows next to the ping slider adjust in steps of 50ms. I think that's waaaay to coarse... 10ms maybe?
  • RejZoRRejZoR Slovenia Join Date: 2013-09-24 Member: 188450Members, NS2 Playtester, Reinforced - Shadow
    Crosshairs aren't actually in the center of the screen but are shifted by few pixels. I'm using crosshair feature on my ASUS monitor that renders a more visible crosshair in the middle of the screen and NS2 crosshairs don't align with it. Meaning what you're shooting in the middle isn't actually a middle of the screen. It's a small thing but a small thing can result in big error at long distances...
    RejZoR, my crosshair is in the center of the screen. Try to make a screenshot and look at it in some picture editor.
    Kodiak marines have a green alien's blood?
  • PelargirPelargir Join Date: 2013-07-02 Member: 185857Members, Forum Moderators, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, WC 2013 - Silver, Forum staff
    Kodiak marines have a green alien's blood?

Because they're not longer Marines...
  • TurbineTurbine Join Date: 2012-09-13 Member: 159160Members
    edited August 2014
    1) There's a server map mounting/loading issue for maps with invalid map metadata, which makes specific maps unable to load for the clients, unless these maps are specified in the global mods section.

For example:

If you were to try mount either of these two maps in MapCycle.json:

(Missing some map metadata, as it's a WIP)
    http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=220935709
    (Outdated map, for older NS2)
    http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=160889720

Place in MapCycle.json:
    { "map": "ns2_nothing", "mods": [ "d2b361d" ] },
    { "map": "ns2_docking_classic", "mods": [ "996fb78" ] }

Whenever either of these maps are used, the clients will receive a missing map message. If you try it with the vast majority of custom maps, it'll work.

2) When using quick swap (swaps between the last used weapon and current), after dropping a weapon, the last used weapon is reset and requires having to swap back to it again. Which is quite annoying, as I do this most matches.