Fullscreen Breaks multi montior support

ZEROibisZEROibis Join Date: 2009-10-30 Member: 69176Members, Constellation
This is the only program where running it in full screen breaks your secondary monitor by disabling it completely. Full creen is required for gsync and so as a result this game which benefits greatly from gsync can not actually support gsync as fullscreen does not work.

It was not this way back when NS2 came out and an update a year ago broke it. Is there any way with gsync now taking off that we can get this issue fixed so that players can enjoy low input lag tear free gaming?

Comments

• ZEROibisZEROibis Join Date: 2009-10-30 Member: 69176Members, Constellation
    This bug is a result of us being forced into exclusive full screen mode can we get at least a toggle to disable exclusive mode?
    Temp solution is to run the game in DX9.
  • Soul_RiderSoul_Rider Mod Bean Join Date: 2004-06-19 Member: 29388Members, Constellation, Squad Five Blue
    Unfortunately an update a few months ago broke everything DX11. Despite using DX11 since it was added to NS2, I haven't been able to use it, the game doesn't even load. Apparently we should all be using DX9, as DX11 is not officially supported. This is what Ironhorse explained to me in my thread a few months ago.
  • ObraxisObraxis Subnautica Animator & Generalist, NS2 Person Join Date: 2004-07-24 Member: 30071Super Administrators, Forum Admins, NS1 Playtester, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Silver, WC 2013 - Supporter, Subnautica Developer, Pistachionauts
    Yes, we recommend for now that for you use DX9. We're hoping in the long-run our CDT engine programmers will be able to look at them, but for now we're concentrating most of our limited resources towards improving the DX9 renderer.
    Ah, good to know. Honestly, I just blindly select DX11 and hope it gave me better performance now that I know all the performance updates are targeted at dx9 I will stick to that.