Reinforcment Skins Missing?

ZTrainZTrain Join Date: 2013-03-15 Member: 183969Members, Reinforced - Shadow
edited June 2014 in Technical Support
Badges for donating are currently still showing up for me but the armor is not available nor are the shadow skins working. Any ideas? I have registered with Hive stats and the badges show up. The only DLC packs I have access to "check off" are Kodiak and Deluxe.

Comments

• CCTEECCTEE Join Date: 2013-06-20 Member: 185634Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    The badges and the skins work differently: you need to activivate them with a seperate link in the email you got.
  • ZTrainZTrain Join Date: 2013-03-15 Member: 183969Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    edited June 2014
    I did that long ago good sir :) They only recently stopped working.
  • GhoulofGSG9GhoulofGSG9 Join Date: 2013-03-31 Member: 184566Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, Reinforced - Supporter, WC 2013 - Supporter, Pistachionauts
    The skins showed up for all ppl the first patch after the customization menu was added but not all were able to use them. That might have caused some misunderstanding.

Just check if you activated the dlc, rightclick at ns2 -> dlc (BTW by this you can also disable skins or the pax badges for yourself )
    edited June 2014
  • GhoulofGSG9GhoulofGSG9 Join Date: 2013-03-31 Member: 184566Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, Reinforced - Supporter, WC 2013 - Supporter, Pistachionauts
    ZTrain wrote: »
    It's checked :/

What exactly is checked?
    Did you start a local server and the skins still don't show up?
    edited June 2014
    It's checked :/

What exactly is checked?
    Did you start a local server and the skins still don't show up?

Natural Selection 2 - Deluxe DLC "CHECK" - Acquisition Method Steam Store State - Installed

I just started a local server and they don't show up in the customizations* menu. I hit the arrows and I can't change from normal.
  • _INTER__INTER_ Join Date: 2009-08-08 Member: 68392Members, NS2 Playtester, Reinforced - Shadow
    Do you have the Costumization menu (shows up in main menu once in a server)?
    _INTER_ wrote: »
    Do you have the Costumization menu (shows up in main menu once in a server)?

I do indeed.
    edited June 2014
    Haha and now my shadow badge isn't showing up in servers period now. This is lovely. I think i'm gonna delete local content then reinstall.

*Upon reinstall still same issue.
  • IronHorseIronHorse Developer, QA Manager, Technical Support & contributor Join Date: 2010-05-08 Member: 71669Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Subnautica Playtester, Subnautica PT Lead, Pistachionauts
    Interesting..
    This hasn't been reported before.
    Have you gone to to redeem your badges in http://hive.naturalselection2.com/
    ?
    edited June 2014
    Ok time for me to step in. Don't worry about badges not showing up atm, hive is under heavy load so from time to time the badges requests time out and the given player doesn't get his badges shown up in the game.

About the skins issue Deluxe Edition ~= Reinforcement Skins.

So you must have forgot to redeem your skin keys you get via a email after buying the reinforcement shadow badge ;)
    edited June 2014
    IronHorse wrote: »
    Interesting..
    This hasn't been reported before.
    Have you gone to to redeem your badges in http://hive.naturalselection2.com/
    ?

So I registered there and everything have played on several different servers and reinstalled as well. Still not allowing me to select any skin but Deluxe for marine model.
    edited June 2014
    Ok for anyone else:

If you are missing your reinforcement keys or lost them somehow do the following:

1. Go to https://www.humblebundle.com/home and login or register with the email you used to buy the reinforcement badge.

2. After you have logged in at humble bundle go to My Libary and claim all Past Purchases.

3. Then you will see links to each reward at the libary page under Other Purchases. Via those links you look up all your keys again.
    Under other purchases only Natural Selection 2 key appears. No other keys. I used the key provided anyway and it did not change anything. Is there a way to have the keys re-sent?
    Under other purchases only Natural Selection 2 key appears. No other keys. I used the key provided anyway and it did not change anything. Is there a way to have the keys re-sent?
    Contact the humble bundle store support for that please ;)
    edited June 2014
    As you can see my reinforced badge shows up in forum posts. As well as on hive stats, see screenshot below.

Which is what I don't get.
    M3q026K.jpg

TQI9awl.jpg

Edit by Ghoul: please put large images into spoiles ;)
    I'm really sorry, but we can't help you with your issue.

Badges and Skins are seperated. Badges get activated by hive and skins by redeeming the skin keys at steam.

So far it seems to me that you forgot to redeem your skin keys. The only one who can help you with getting those keys again is the humble bundle support.

Please wait for a answer from them :)
    Sigh.

I didn't "forget" to redeem the keys. For the 100th time, lol. Awaiting response from support.

Thank you.
  • AussieKidAussieKid Join Date: 2012-08-07 Member: 154896Members, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Gold, Reinforced - Shadow
    They only recently stopped working.

If they were working previously then surely he has already at some point in the past redeemed his skin keys?

• BerendBerend netherlands Join Date: 2014-03-25 Member: 194955Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    I have the same problem, my badges work but i don't even have the option anymore in the general options tab to select skins even though I have been playing with them for months.
    I tried everything obvious from deleting roaming appdata to reinstalling to activating the dlc key's (with that last steam just tells me that I already own that dlc but then I have no option of installing it).
    My skins do not show up at local content>dlc.
    Berend wrote: »
    I have the same problem, my badges work but i don't even have the option anymore in the general options tab to select skins even though I have been playing with them for months.
    I tried everything obvious from deleting roaming appdata to reinstalling to activating the dlc key's (with that last steam just tells me that I already own that dlc but then I have no option of installing it).
    My skins do not show up at local content>dlc.

The options were moved! Open ingame the menu and click at customize player ;)
  • IronHorseIronHorse Developer, QA Manager, Technical Support & contributor Join Date: 2010-05-08 Member: 71669Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Subnautica Playtester, Subnautica PT Lead, Pistachionauts
    edited July 2014

Then you need to contact humble bundle and send a complaint with a copy of your receipt.
    We cannot help you with this, as it is purely through them and their servers.