Comments

• Racer1Racer1 Join Date: 2002-11-22 Member: 9615Members
    This article is the first time I've seen the spacecraft-crashed-and-you're-marooned plot direction being claimed. I was under the impression that it was going to be more like you are on a mission to "explore strange new worlds". While I'm sure there will be a survival aspect, I presumed the emphasis in Subnautica was going to be on exploration.

P.S. Floating islands! They look awesome.
  • Squeal_Like_A_PigSqueal_Like_A_Pig Janitor Join Date: 2002-01-25 Member: 66Members, Super Administrators, NS1 Playtester, NS2 Developer, Reinforced - Supporter, WC 2013 - Silver, Subnautica Developer
    Racer1 wrote: »
    This article is the first time I've seen the spacecraft-crashed-and-you're-marooned plot direction being claimed. I was under the impression that it was going to be more like you are on a mission to "explore strange new worlds". While I'm sure there will be a survival aspect, I presumed the emphasis in Subnautica was going to be on exploration.

P.S. Floating islands! They look awesome.
    Yes, the game does start out with the marooned scenario, but the emphasis is still very much on exploring, not survival.

So beautiful !
    Thanks! :)
  • Cannon_FodderAUSCannon_FodderAUS Brisbane, AU Join Date: 2013-06-23 Member: 185664Members, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, Reinforced - Shadow
    that looked amazing. Can't wait for it to come out in alpha or beta (when ever the open playable build comes). Take my money already!!!
  • SebSeb Melbourne, AU Join Date: 2013-04-01 Member: 184576Members, Forum Moderators, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, WC 2013 - Silver, Retired Community Developer
    Subnautica isn't looking like its gonna be my type of game, but seriously @Squeal_Like_A_Pig‌, how do I get those framed on my wall? This stuff could hold up on its own in a gallery unrelated to gaming, and then some.
  • TurbineTurbine Join Date: 2012-09-13 Member: 159160Members
    Space is all the rage at the moment, sea exploring isn't. =[ I'm really concerned about how successful this game will be.
  • LumpNLumpN Join Date: 2002-10-30 Member: 1725Members, Subnautica Developer
    Turbine wrote: »
    Space is all the rage at the moment, sea exploring isn't. =[ I'm really concerned about how successful this game will be.

Wait for it. Subnautica will be there when sea exploring is all the rage.
  • trisdinotrisdino Denmark Join Date: 2012-09-16 Member: 159590Members
    LumpN wrote: »
    Turbine wrote: »

Wait for it. Subnautica will be there when sea exploring is all the rage.

Yeah but is a game about exploring the sea... in space!
  • Cannon_FodderAUSCannon_FodderAUS Brisbane, AU Join Date: 2013-06-23 Member: 185664Members, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, Reinforced - Shadow
    Space is so over done. The sea on the other hand is going to be new and different. I haven't been on the sub forum for a while, but am looking forward to it as my next go to game (after NS2 and NS2 combat).
  • VetinariVetinari Join Date: 2013-07-23 Member: 186325Members, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Silver
    Space is so over done. The sea on the other hand is going to be new and different. I haven't been on the sub forum for a while, but am looking forward to it as my next go to game (after NS2 and NS2 combat).

Space can't be overdone! :D