what is it about gorges...

colonoscopy_odysseycolonoscopy_odyssey Melbourne Join Date: 2014-04-25 Member: 195607Members, Reinforced - Shadow
edited April 2014 in NS2 General Discussion
...that makes them both cute and hilarious?

a gorge spectre haunts my dreams

Comments

• NordicNordic Long term camping in Kodiak Join Date: 2012-05-13 Member: 151995Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Shadow
    The gross fat bulge contrasting with the eyes and the ferocious taunting.
  • freebirdpatfreebirdpat Join Date: 2004-04-10 Member: 27826Members, Constellation, Reinforced - Shadow
    Aww I remember when that video came out.... So much excitement.
  • CuelCuel Join Date: 2013-01-22 Member: 181295Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    is that video entirely in slow motion ?
  • SupaDupaNoodleSupaDupaNoodle Join Date: 2003-01-12 Member: 12232Members
    Why don't we have any maps like that, with multiple levels/floors? So many possibilities...
  • DaveodethDaveodeth Join Date: 2012-11-21 Member: 172717Members
    Gorges are neither cute nor hilarious and if I see one of you fat bastard your getting put down like the dogs you are.
  • MephillesMephilles Germany Join Date: 2013-08-07 Member: 186634Members, NS2 Map Tester, NS2 Community Developer
    Why don't we have any maps like that, with multiple levels/floors? So many possibilities...

because there is no option for commanders to switch between levels. so no medpacking/building on lower floors
  • Brad2810Brad2810 Join Date: 2013-03-24 Member: 184313Members
    I think a better question is, "What is it about gorges... that makes people want to chase them and ignore everything else?"

so easy, to bait them so a skulk hits them from behind, and as long as you don't wait too long, you are fine. (and, half the time they still ignore the skulk...)

GORGE....MUST.....KILL...

Mephilles wrote: »

because there is no option for commanders to switch between levels. so no medpacking/building on lower floors

Here's hoping for NS3!
  • MephillesMephilles Germany Join Date: 2013-08-07 Member: 186634Members, NS2 Map Tester, NS2 Community Developer

Here's hoping for NS3!

If UWE keeps up the pase NS3 will be released at 31.10.2022

Here's hoping for NS3!

If UWE keeps up the pase NS3 will be released at 31.10.2022

Hehe, more like 2200!
  • Kouji_SanKouji_San Sr. Hινε Uρкεερεг - EUPT Deputy The Netherlands Join Date: 2003-05-13 Member: 16271Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue
    Roobubba wrote: »
    Still, that'll beat HL3 by a good century or two.
    3929-hah.png

The sad thing is... It might be true :(
  • DestherDesther Join Date: 2012-10-31 Member: 165195Members
    Apart from the novelty of the glass effects and physics objects, I didn't really enjoy hl2 all that much. Can't see why people are so hyped about hl3
  • RegnarebRegnareb Join Date: 2007-08-26 Member: 62008Members, NS2 Playtester
    There is more than gameplay in some games.
  • colonoscopy_odysseycolonoscopy_odyssey Melbourne Join Date: 2014-04-25 Member: 195607Members, Reinforced - Shadow
  • ZoundsZounds Glasgow Join Date: 2014-04-30 Member: 195683Members
    Gorges look kinda cute from a distance with the way they slide and waddle around.

Up close is where things go wrong in my eyes - all leathery and odd looking and they must have terrible smelling breath with the state of that mouth.
  • Kouji_SanKouji_San Sr. Hινε Uρкεερεг - EUPT Deputy The Netherlands Join Date: 2003-05-13 Member: 16271Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue
    stop picking on Georgy :(
  • BensonBenson Join Date: 2012-03-07 Member: 148303Members, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow
    Zounds wrote: »
    Gorges look kinda cute from a distance with the way they slide and waddle around.

Up close is where things go wrong in my eyes - all leathery and odd looking and they must have terrible smelling breath with the state of that mouth.

But how do you know that all of that goo doesn't smell like roses and sunshine?

Also, the reason people cannot help but chase after gorges is obvious: You have to kill the gorge in order to make Gorge-bacon
  • NordicNordic Long term camping in Kodiak Join Date: 2012-05-13 Member: 151995Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Shadow
    Benson wrote: »

Have you ever had to clean bile off your armor, pick out their hydra needles, climb their clog walls, been stuck in their webs, traversed their tunnels... Definitely not roses and sunshine. You can even track a gorge by the smell of their belly slide goo, its thin and not visible, but if you get close to the ground you can smell it.
  • RapGodRapGod Not entirely sure... Join Date: 2013-11-12 Member: 189322Members
    james888 wrote: »
    Benson wrote: »

Have you ever had to clean bile off your armor, pick out their hydra needles, climb their clog walls, been stuck in their webs, traversed their tunnels... Definitely not roses and sunshine. You can even track a gorge by the smell of their belly slide goo, its thin and not visible, but if you get close to the ground you can smell it.

You, my friend, have not met a classy gorge. The good ones want to go out to dinner first before you web them.

• cooliticcoolitic Right behind you Join Date: 2013-04-02 Member: 184609Members
    All the gorge needs now is a trip to the dentist. Everything else is perfect.
  • amoralamoral Join Date: 2013-01-03 Member: 177250Members
    Brad2810 wrote: »
    I think a better question is, "What is it about gorges... that makes people want to chase them and ignore everything else?"

so easy, to bait them so a skulk hits them from behind, and as long as you don't wait too long, you are fine. (and, half the time they still ignore the skulk...)

GORGE....MUST.....KILL...

10 pres
  • MuckyMcFlyMuckyMcFly Join Date: 2012-03-19 Member: 148982Members, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Shadow
    Cuel wrote: »
    is that video entirely in slow motion ?

If that's the Alpha Engine, then no.... its running at full pelt... ;)

Only joking xx <3 xx
    Die gorges and this thread!
  • VetinariVetinari Join Date: 2013-07-23 Member: 186325Members, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Silver
    RapGod wrote: »

That's counterproductive
    RapGod wrote: »

That's counterproductive

Depends on how you look at it...
  • Soul_RiderSoul_Rider Mod Bean Join Date: 2004-06-19 Member: 29388Members, Constellation, Squad Five Blue
    @RapGod‌ I would say that as a discussion has now started around your post, the counter-productivity argument looks quite strong.. :P

Long Live the Gorge!

On-topic:

I think it is because Gorges are funny little pudgy things.. :D
    Look how stubby their legs are. I bet they have back problems from their overly heavy belly and lack of arch in foot. What do I know? Kharra have different physiology.
  • BeigeAlertBeigeAlert Texas Join Date: 2013-08-08 Member: 186657Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Diamond, Reinforced - Shadow, Subnautica Playtester, Pistachionauts
    edited May 2014
    james888 wrote: »
    Look how stubby their legs are. I bet they have back problems from their overly heavy belly and lack of arch in foot. What do I know? Kharra have different physiology.

Got a back problem? SPIT ON YOURSELF! Got a gunshot wound? SPIT ON YOURSELF! Are you burning alive and about to die? No problem! SPIT NEAR YOURSELF!