Cinematic editor keyframing

BeigeAlertBeigeAlert Texas Join Date: 2013-08-08 Member: 186657Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Diamond, Reinforced - Shadow, Subnautica Playtester, Pistachionauts
edited April 2014 in Mapping
I was playing around with the cinematic editor today, and I was trying to get the camera to follow a path, but by creating multiple keyframes, all I could get was either a series of straight lines connecting the key positions, or the camera would smoothly animate from one key to the next, making a complete stop at each position. Is there no way to keyframe in a smooth camera movement with more than 2 keyframes?

EDIT: Yea looking back through all the map reveal trailers UWE posted up, it looks like all the video is either A) Cinematic editor with very simple point A to point B movement, or B) gameplay footage recorded without a hud... and I guess mouse smoothing cranked wayyyyy up... and maybe some kind of movement modification to smooth out the WASD flying... how'd they do that?

Comments

• SamusDroidSamusDroid Colorado Join Date: 2013-05-13 Member: 185219Members, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Gold, Subnautica Playtester, NS2 Community Developer, Pistachionauts
    edited April 2014
    ORRRRR...you right click on the bottom keyframe on the squares viewer and set to linear...
    Trailers are made using film mode by typing film into console. Congrats, you are officially the 5th person to ever know about film mode because no one ever thinks to ask me or look it up on the wiki.
    MaLrxzZ.png
  • BeigeAlertBeigeAlert Texas Join Date: 2013-08-08 Member: 186657Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Diamond, Reinforced - Shadow, Subnautica Playtester, Pistachionauts
    SamusDroid wrote: »
    ORRRRR...you right click on the bottom keyframe on the squares viewer and set to linear...
    Trailers are made using film mode by typing film into console. Congrats, you are officially the 5th person to ever know about film mode because no one ever thinks to ask me or look it up on the wiki.
    MaLrxzZ.png

Yea linear is linear... pretty awful looking :(

I never knew about film mode though, thanks!
  • FlaterectomyFlaterectomy Netherlandistan Join Date: 2005-02-03 Member: 39643Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow, Subnautica Playtester, NS2 Community Developer, Pistachionauts
    (...) because no one ever thinks to ask me or look it up on the wiki.
    I knew about film mode from the wiki. :D Can I has a cookie?
  • BeigeAlertBeigeAlert Texas Join Date: 2013-08-08 Member: 186657Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Diamond, Reinforced - Shadow, Subnautica Playtester, Pistachionauts
    (...) because no one ever thinks to ask me or look it up on the wiki.
    I knew about film mode from the wiki. :D Can I has a cookie?

Go work on Caged!
  • Soul_RiderSoul_Rider Mod Bean Join Date: 2004-06-19 Member: 29388Members, Constellation, Squad Five Blue
    I knew about it from the code :D