After starting the game it wont go on: need help

DarkSparderDarkSparder Germany Join Date: 2014-04-16 Member: 195432Members
edited April 2014 in Technical Support
I did buy ns2 before more then a year and i could never played it except in the beta of the game. So I was very interested in it. Now I have it a long time in my steam library. Everytime when I start the game if loads and when it reach the main menu an icon pops up. "pls update ur game blablabla...". The background of the game is running but i cant press any button on the icon. I have Windows 8 and a sufficiently well euquipment PC. At my friends the game will work. I need help. I follow all rules in the forums but nothing was helping me.

Comments

• CCTEECCTEE Join Date: 2013-06-20 Member: 185634Members, Reinforced - Shadow
  • GhoulofGSG9GhoulofGSG9 Join Date: 2013-03-31 Member: 184566Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, Reinforced - Supporter, WC 2013 - Supporter, Pistachionauts
    Please also read this: http://forums.unknownworlds.com/discussion/131384/how-to-make-a-good-tech-support-post

BTW: Could someone of the moderators move this to the tech support section?
  • DarkSparderDarkSparder Germany Join Date: 2014-04-16 Member: 195432Members
    I did all of this options. Thats why asked for help...
    And sry for the wrong section. :D
  • GhoulofGSG9GhoulofGSG9 Join Date: 2013-03-31 Member: 184566Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, Reinforced - Supporter, WC 2013 - Supporter, Pistachionauts
    edited April 2014
    I did all of this options. Thats why asked for help...
    And sry for the wrong section. :D

So could we get your log etc. ? What steps did you exactly tried ?
    What do you mean with log? Ummm... first i tried to fix it as i reinstall the game. It never worked. So after a while not "touching" this game i looked for help and this site. Then delete appdata and after i deinstall ns2 I looked for the file. And then i installed the game. Then i tried the method to let steam look for missing datas. I dont know how to explain this because i have not the english version of steam and neither then steamsupport link. then I looked for the repair.exe in the ns2 folder and used it. But I think it did nothing.
    What do you mean with log? Ummm... first i tried to fix it as i reinstall the game. It never worked. So after a while not "touching" this game i looked for help and this site. Then delete appdata and after i deinstall ns2 I looked for the file. And then i installed the game. Then i tried the method to let steam look for missing datas. I dont know how to explain this because i have not the english version of steam and neither then steamsupport link. then I looked for the repair.exe in the ns2 folder and used it. But I think it did nothing.

The log is in the %appdata%\Natural Seleczion 2\ folder. Best would be if you could give us a tech_support.zip (how you generate that is discribed at the first link i postsed )
    So here I am again. I tried again everything and the game wont start :/ is there some new art of help you can give me?
  • AsranielAsraniel Join Date: 2002-06-03 Member: 724Members, Playtest Lead, Forum Moderators, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow, Subnautica Playtester, Retired Community Developer
    please open Natural selection 2, and after your error, close it again.

Then open you explorer and open the folder %appdata% (just type that in the explorer address bar).
    In there you will see a Natural Selection 2 folder. In this folder there is a log.txt file. Please post this here (either copy paste, or preferably upload it somewhere).

I'm sure we can get this sorted out.
  • IronHorseIronHorse Developer, QA Manager, Technical Support & contributor Join Date: 2010-05-08 Member: 71669Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Subnautica Playtester, Subnautica PT Lead, Pistachionauts
This discussion has been closed.