NS2 Servers Down for 3 days and counting

garrehgarreh UK Join Date: 2014-02-22 Member: 194244Members
edited March 2014 in NS2 General Discussion
At least in the Europe region the official servers have been down for 3 days and counting. I've looked on Twitter for any news officially but cannot find anything and nobody seems to have reported anything on the forums?

Surely it's not just me? Any news when the official UWE servers will be back? It's tricky finding even a single server to play on at the moment.

Comments

• Omega_K2Omega_K2 Join Date: 2011-12-25 Member: 139013Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    Play on one of the community servers?
  • GhoulofGSG9GhoulofGSG9 Join Date: 2013-03-31 Member: 184566Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, Reinforced - Supporter, WC 2013 - Supporter, Pistachionauts
    edited March 2014
    garreh wrote: »
    At least in the Europe region the official servers have been down for 3 days and counting. I've looked on Twitter for any news officially but cannot find anything and nobody seems to have reported anything on the forums?

Surely it's not just me? Any news when the official UWE servers will be back? It's tricky finding even a single server to play on at the moment.

We have like 100+ EU community servers but nah can't find any server to play on. :D

Community servers often even have better perf than uwe ones ... ;)

• joshhhjoshhh Milwaukee, WI Join Date: 2011-06-21 Member: 105717Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow, Subnautica Playtester
    Official Multiplay servers are down? I thought those all disappeared a while back...
  • ObraxisObraxis Subnautica Animator & Generalist, NS2 Person Join Date: 2004-07-24 Member: 30071Super Administrators, Forum Admins, NS1 Playtester, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Silver, WC 2013 - Supporter, Subnautica Developer, Pistachionauts
    We're looking into this now, thanks guys.
  • VetinariVetinari Join Date: 2013-07-23 Member: 186325Members, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Silver
    *conspiracy face*

Guys, gotta have to do something with the 27-days announcement!!
  • garrehgarreh UK Join Date: 2014-02-22 Member: 194244Members
    *conspiracy face*

Guys, gotta have to do something with the 27-days announcement!!

27 days downtime for the servers? :((
  • ball2hiball2hi Join Date: 2012-10-22 Member: 163128Members
    Is that why I haven't seen any UWE servers lately?
  • meatmachinemeatmachine South England Join Date: 2013-01-06 Member: 177858Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Supporter
    What, playing on the official servers is a thing?

Dont be scared of community servers OP, they're good for you :D
  • Cannon_FodderAUSCannon_FodderAUS Brisbane, AU Join Date: 2013-06-23 Member: 185664Members, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, Reinforced - Shadow
    Spare a thought for us Aussies, there are 2 community servers both DangerZone that are populated (18 players each) and they are always full, so I haven't had my NS2 fix for about a week :-(. Hyperion is the only other server that comes up with a reasonable ping (about 250 - back to the days of my modem ping).
  • ScatterScatter Join Date: 2012-09-02 Member: 157341Members, Squad Five Blue
    My Australian Multiplay server is working.
  • Cannon_FodderAUSCannon_FodderAUS Brisbane, AU Join Date: 2013-06-23 Member: 185664Members, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, Reinforced - Shadow
    :-( its me.... Nooooooo. I could only see 2 servers (Dangerzone) and its always full. Anyone know how to reset the server browser without a full install?
  • GhoulofGSG9GhoulofGSG9 Join Date: 2013-03-31 Member: 184566Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, Reinforced - Supporter, WC 2013 - Supporter, Pistachionauts
    edited March 2014
    :-( its me.... Nooooooo. I could only see 2 servers (Dangerzone) and its always full. Anyone know how to reset the server browser without a full install?

Go to %appdata%\Natural Selection 2\ ( Win + R ) and remove everything with a "Servers" in its name
    + system_options.xml

Go to %appdata%\Natural Selection 2\ ( Win + R ) and remove everything with a "Servers" in its name
    + system_options.xml

Thanks man, will do that after I get home from work.
  • JektJekt Join Date: 2012-02-05 Member: 143714Members, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow
    It's not you. Envy server is usually passworded. DZ is nearly always the only available pub servers in aus.
    @Jekt :-( sigh, back to Diablo 3.
  • ScatterScatter Join Date: 2012-09-02 Member: 157341Members, Squad Five Blue
    Sorry I didn't mean to suggest it was at your end @Cannon_FodderAUS . I was just saying it wasn't a Multiplay specific thing as the Envy server is indeed working. It would be a public but we need it for scrims at night and I don't want to have to kick people.
    @Scatter, no worries. My server browser is playing up of late, can't seem to ping any Aus servers except DangerZone, every Aus server is empty, and the ping is shocking ~150 when I expect a sub 100 ping. So I will delete the server files as GhoulofGSG9‌ suggested and see how I go. When I can get on, it reminds me why NS(2) is my favourite game - team work, and num nom num chomp.
  • G_of_the_JG_of_the_J Join Date: 2013-08-12 Member: 186764Members
    Obraxis wrote: »

So, did you find anything?
  • ObraxisObraxis Subnautica Animator & Generalist, NS2 Person Join Date: 2004-07-24 Member: 30071Super Administrators, Forum Admins, NS1 Playtester, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Silver, WC 2013 - Supporter, Subnautica Developer, Pistachionauts
    G_of_the_J wrote: »
    Obraxis wrote: »

So, did you find anything?

I passed the info onto @Hugh‌ as he talks to the server guys. Nothing as yet.

• dePARAdePARA Join Date: 2011-04-29 Member: 96321Members, Squad Five Blue
    Who cares about the horrible not administrated UWE official multiplay servers.
    Game has around 600 players @ primetime and there more than enough emtpy Community servers to fill.
    edited April 2014
    dePARA wrote: »
    Who cares about the horrible not administrated UWE official multiplay servers.
    Game has around 600 players @ primetime and there more than enough emtpy Community servers to fill.

I would agree with you if there wouldn't be the fact that some regions like australia relay on the official servers ...
  • VetinariVetinari Join Date: 2013-07-23 Member: 186325Members, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Silver
    For all we know UWE could have decided they just don't host official servers anymore. It's not like they tell us or something.
    >:\
  • garrehgarreh UK Join Date: 2014-02-22 Member: 194244Members
    edited April 2014
    Rumour has it the official servers are all down because of the bug since the last build where doing a 'Force Even' teams vote during mid-game causes mass spasm of players and replication of a million skulks from the cc.
  • IronHorseIronHorse Developer, QA Manager, Technical Support & contributor Join Date: 2010-05-08 Member: 71669Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Subnautica Playtester, Subnautica PT Lead, Pistachionauts
  • elodeaelodea Editlodea Join Date: 2009-06-20 Member: 67877Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    Someone didn't pay the bills then?
  • cooliticcoolitic Right behind you Join Date: 2013-04-02 Member: 184609Members
    edited April 2014
    No, the server's probably using xp, so probably got virus. (lol jk)
  • RapGodRapGod Not entirely sure... Join Date: 2013-11-12 Member: 189322Members
    coolitic wrote: »
    No, the server's probably using xp, so probably got virus. (lol jk)

I think you mean the ns1 forums.
  • d0ped0gd0ped0g Join Date: 2003-05-25 Member: 16679Members
    I'm hoping that it's all a ruse and there's nothing actually wrong with them, and that the official servers are just being repurposed for matchmaking.
    Maybe it has something to do with the 27 days announcement *gasp*
  • moultanomoultano Creator of ns_shiva. Join Date: 2002-12-14 Member: 10806Members, NS1 Playtester, Contributor, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Gold, NS2 Community Developer, Pistachionauts
    edited May 2014
    Did this ever get figured out? I havent seen official servers in quite a while.