What's the most badass way you've gone out in NS2?

EvolutionaryMiracleEvolutionaryMiracle Join Date: 2013-06-07 Member: 185503Members, Reinforced - Supporter
For me, I was holding pipeworks by myself against several skulks when an onos ran in, after getting about 5 magazines into it, my screen was red, so I popped a cluster grenade and threw it at the ground; I managed to type out "FUCK YOU TOO" on all chat before the explosion killed me and the onos, saving pipeline

Comments

• OnosFactoryOnosFactory New Zealand Join Date: 2008-07-16 Member: 64637Members
    Tilde QUIT is pretty epic, in ones own mind.

PS. Autism is a spectrum.
  • BeigeAlertBeigeAlert Texas Join Date: 2013-08-08 Member: 186657Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Diamond, Reinforced - Shadow, Subnautica Playtester, Pistachionauts
    edited March 2014
    It's always fun being able to hold down one of the enemies natural expansions by yourself, only falling once the team pulls out all the stops and sends 3-4 guys to kill you!
  • VetinariVetinari Join Date: 2013-07-23 Member: 186325Members, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Silver
    I think more badass is actually not dieing... dying... diing... getting killed: Rushing a hive early in the game (before jetpacks) and being the only one to survive, and successfully making it back to the base to heal - that was always the most awesome thing for me.
  • d0ped0gd0ped0g Join Date: 2003-05-25 Member: 16679Members
    edited March 2014
    In a pug once I got a little too fresh against a sger in the staircase outside observation in descent. I flew to escape and caught a meatshot that killed my lerk. I felt like a big nub at the time but then it turned out that I flew directly in front of a fade who would have otherwise died. I still felt like a big nub, but a hero nub.

Another time I was an onos in crossroads trying to deal with a jetpacker. He was one hit off and tried to escape across the pit in between cross and the pipejunction->maintaccess walkway. I said to myself - "fuck that" - charged at him and jumped, and subsequently fell to my death. I didn't get the jetpacker, but I still felt like a badass due to my reckless disregard for my onos' life.

Other than that, deaths via mine traps, pulse-gren and GL, are always pretty badass if they take out a higher lifeform. Suicide kills on exosuits are also pretty cool if you're not an onos (i.e. lerk/fade). Even as onos it can be pretty badass if them losing an exo is worse for them than your team losing an onos (e.g. marine turtles).

Also: xenocide.
  • dragonmithdragonmith Join Date: 2013-02-04 Member: 182817Members, Reinforced - Diamond
    I'd like to think mine is baddass.

After a grueling first 30 min, the aliens had us strangled at cafe and docking. Frantic, I catpac and nanoshield, but my troops died on me left and... left. And left.

Tired of them ignoring me and dying over and over again in Bar, I Yell into the mic "STAY BY ME AND ILL KEEP YOU ALIVE", grabbing a flamethrower I dropped myself (coms need treats too) I used my jetpack I'd given myself before and lead the team in a fantastic push on Gen.

Losing no one (somehow) we set about torching and shooting and... nevermind... everything in sight. Cafe overwhelmed my team sprinted frantically to Locker while I tried to solo Departures. True to my world, they all died in gory fashion that day, and with their faces in my mind I set about touching and... nevermind... everything in sight. I died pined to the wall from an onos tusk, a smile on my mouth as the hive burned away.

(We still lost tho)
  • elodeaelodea Editlodea Join Date: 2009-06-20 Member: 67877Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    edited March 2014
    ...so I popped a cluster grenade and threw it at the ground; I managed to type out "FUCK YOU TOO" on all chat before the explosion killed me and the onos, saving pipeline
    You could probably also have flown to india to see the taj mahal while waiting for your grenade to throw. Not surprised you managed to find the time to type something in chat.

Nice story and onos kill btw
  • wulfwulf Join Date: 2008-08-03 Member: 64749Members
    I was shotgun jp, my buddy was gl jp. We held comp core hive against 2 onos, 1 fade, 3 bile gorge, 1 lerk, and like a skulk.

I was drunk and they were bad
  • nezznezz Join Date: 2012-12-11 Member: 174712Members
    edited March 2014
    this one time i upped my skill level by 600 because i bought a GL and solo'd three hives & 6 onoses which won the game. Thank god the GL gives you so much extra skill to win.
  • NordicNordic Long term camping in Kodiak Join Date: 2012-05-13 Member: 151995Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Shadow
    Phasing to meat grinder gate with grenade launcher. Get two grenades out, die. 2 lerks a skulk and two fades died.
  • Kouji_SanKouji_San Sr. Hινε Uρкεερεг - EUPT Deputy The Netherlands Join Date: 2003-05-13 Member: 16271Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue
    edited March 2014
    I once stared down an Onos and pushed a button... On the door... So she couldn't escape the rifles... Beta times... :-\"
  • IronHorseIronHorse Developer, QA Manager, Technical Support & contributor Join Date: 2010-05-08 Member: 71669Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Subnautica Playtester, Subnautica PT Lead, Pistachionauts
    First time we ever tested cluster grenades there was like 3 times the amount of clusters or something compared to now, and @narfwak iirc was the marine who jumped through the PG that was getting meat grinded by 6 skulks..
    He exploded before he hit the ground and all the skulks were annihilated.

I remember thinking.. that has got to feel good pulling that off.
  • ChizzlerChizzler Join Date: 2013-01-04 Member: 177532Members
    Back when you could place tunnels in vents etc. I came across a tunnel in a vent between bar,locker,central access. As I unloaded the final clip in to destroy it, an onos popped through and got trapped due to the low ceiling. The tunnel died before he was automatically sent back through and I typed out a quick "goodbye" to the onos before shuffling away towards locker. I checked back nearly 10mins later and he was still sat in the vent blocking other lifeforms using it, and keeping an onos off the field.

This story may not have ended in my death, but It felt awesome nonetheless
  • NarfwakNarfwak Join Date: 2002-11-02 Member: 5258Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, NS1 Playtester, Playtest Lead, Forum Moderators, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Gold, Reinforced - Diamond, Reinforced - Shadow, Subnautica PT Lead, NS2 Community Developer
    edited March 2014
    IronHorse wrote: »
    First time we ever tested cluster grenades there was like 3 times the amount of clusters or something compared to now, and @narfwak iirc was the marine who jumped through the PG that was getting meat grinded by 6 skulks..
    He exploded before he hit the ground and all the skulks were annihilated.

I remember thinking.. that has got to feel good pulling that off.
    It did. :D

I don't think the damage was even nerfed since then, either... maybe just the nerf when the price was lowered on all grenades. All the skulks were either on the gate or my ankles and were damaged by the previous fight, so I was pretty sure it would work as long as I got it out. Still, killing literally the entire team and yourself in under a second and a half still makes for some serious lulz.

If I remember correctly the consensus before that game was that they were terrible and needed a buff (relative to the then HILARIOUSLY overpowered nerve gas 'nades). That was never said again. xD
  • 2cough2cough Rocky Mountain High Join Date: 2013-03-14 Member: 183952Members, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Supporter
    Jumped off landing pad, picked off skulk hiding underneath before death trigger (he was like one shot, though).

Almost had same thing happen to me when I was lerking once and flew under there to heal for a minute, the marine managed to shoot me, but didn't quite finish me off.
  • joshhhjoshhh Milwaukee, WI Join Date: 2011-06-21 Member: 105717Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow, Subnautica Playtester
    I've done that to lerks before. It's pretty funny when it works.
  • KungFuJVKungFuJV Join Date: 2003-04-03 Member: 15167Members
    Chasing a fade all the way back to his hive, flying past several lifeforms just to get the fade kill...and then getting swarmed and killed soon after.
  • Madd0gMadd0g Join Date: 2012-12-24 Member: 176116Members
    There was this one round on lava falls(or atleast I think the map was called lava falls not sure)where there is this wierd pipe next to one of the command points,in which a marine can crouch under and an onos cant get you there(or atleast he has to go around to pipe to do so).
    So it was our last base,our IPs were down,4-5 onoses swarming the base and I was pretty much the last marine left alive,had a jetpack and a shoty.
    I flew arround shooting and shooting,killed a few skulkies,killed a lerk and did some good dmg to a lot of the onoses(they were mostly all n00bs).
    But my jetpack pretty much runs out of juice,I am low on HP and almost out of shoty ammo,so I duck under the pipe and start kiting onoses as our base is dieing.
    I run out of ammo for my shoty and I start shooting this one onos only with my pistol.
    Just before our last CP dies,he panics and starts runing away and I am like "***** it lets chase him" so I step out,charge through 4 other onoses and manage to finish that 1 onos using my pistol,than the command chair explodes and than my jetpack runs out of juice and I get squashed between 3 onoses.
    Good times :)
  • NeXuSNeXuS US Join Date: 2013-10-13 Member: 188681Members, NS2 Playtester, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Shadow, Subnautica Playtester
  • BobRossTheBossBobRossTheBoss Join Date: 2012-12-31 Member: 176824Members
    I called everyone on the server an aimbotter and a hacker. Then I told them my 999 ping and the terrible server performance was holding back my amazing GL skills and keeping me from destroying their entire team. Then I unplugged my ethernet cable and computer at the same time.

EDIT: oops, I missed the word "bad" in your title OP.
  • cooliticcoolitic Right behind you Join Date: 2013-04-02 Member: 184609Members
    edited March 2014
    Wiped out countless marines over and over as a lerk in single life (was in descent). I rofl'd all the way.

The marines cheered when they finally pinned me down.
  • Mattk50Mattk50 Join Date: 2013-02-04 Member: 182824Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    I think more badass is actually not dieing... dying... diing... getting killed: Rushing a hive early in the game (before jetpacks) and being the only one to survive, and successfully making it back to the base to heal - that was always the most awesome thing for me.
    I have a problem with this mindset in that i intentionally avoid it. Depending on the game, and the circumstance it can be better to just die than try to run back to base and then get someone to waste time welding you and all that.
  • cooliticcoolitic Right behind you Join Date: 2013-04-02 Member: 184609Members
    I don't mind dying, as long as enemy team comes with me =D
  • QubeQube Join Date: 2014-03-01 Member: 194434Members
    Delete NS2.

I got better.
  • jackson7jackson7 France Join Date: 2013-10-05 Member: 188594Members
    Me be commander in a scrim'. Phase gate being grinded by a skulk, a lerk and fades, no one close enough to phase. "F*** that, 'gonna take care of this myself". I jump out and sacrifice myself to save a few seconds. When I get out, I shoot everywhere, Rambo style, aliens spread, I manage to kill the Lerk. Alien team, seeing lerk's been killed by the marine commander, is like "WTF?!" on the chat.
  • xen32xen32 Join Date: 2012-10-18 Member: 162676Members, Reinforced - Supporter
    I was commanding a game on summit, we had a PG from sub to crevice. There was a lerk who kept harassing that crevice PG for a long time, our guys managed to bring him down to very little HP and that annoying bird flew under rocks, probably to wait for safer time to go back home. By that moment, I hated him so much, as he was such a pain in the arse, I scanned crevice, logged out, phased through, jumped from the cliff and killed him in a most badass way possible while falling to my death. Didn't even forget to taunt.

• Soylent_greenSoylent_green Join Date: 2002-12-20 Member: 11220Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    edited March 2014
    Epic last stands don't happen anymore, not since concede was introduced. If you lose it always ends in the lame way.
  • VetinariVetinari Join Date: 2013-07-23 Member: 186325Members, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Silver
    Epic last stands don't happen anymore, not since concede was introduced. If you lose it always ends in the lame way.

Last stands are the lame way.
  • ellnicellnic Join Date: 2010-07-19 Member: 72559Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    I once jump to my death in crevis when an Onos uncloaked and charged at me. I had no armour and half HP with default weapons. Not really the most badass but F that sneaky cloaked Ninja Onos, Nearly had myself a heart attack!