Nvidia Shadowplay and 2 more

FluttershyFluttershy Join Date: 2012-12-23 Member: 176015Members, Reinforced - Shadow
I can not for the life of me, get Nvidia Shadowplay to work on this game. none of the hot keys work for this game only. All other games like BF4 work with Shadowplay but not NS2. Also I can not get NS2 servers in the Steam server section of the program. I can get the servers to show up in the play area of the game but I can not queue up for a game outside of it in steam. And one last thing my steam overlay does not work. I would appreciate some help in the matter.
AMD 8350
EVGA Geforce Titan
ASRock 990FX Extreme3
Gskill DDR 3 1600
Samsung 840 SSD
Windows 8.1

Comments

• FluttershyFluttershy Join Date: 2012-12-23 Member: 176015Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    Update finally got Shadowplay to work. Game has to be in full screen mode for it to work. Only thing with that is doing other stuff without the steam overly because it just doesn't show up when you hit the keyboard shortcut.
  • IronHorseIronHorse Developer, QA Manager, Technical Support & contributor Join Date: 2010-05-08 Member: 71669Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Subnautica Playtester, Subnautica PT Lead, Pistachionauts
    I think shadowplay needs ANY game to be in fullscreen to work?
  • clankill3rclankill3r Join Date: 2007-09-03 Member: 62145Members, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Shadow
    Did you play ns2 in a smaller window then your monitor? I can't get shadoplay to work either. I see the fps indicator but I can't record. I never see a file or see the fps go from green to red (if it's get red when recording, i wouldn't now).

Can someone help?
  • aeroripperaeroripper Join Date: 2005-02-25 Member: 42471NS1 Playtester, Forum Moderators, Constellation
    Shadowplay works terrific for me. Just have to use fullscreen. Check all the hotkeys, 'save shadow recording' is the only important one (outside of fps toggle) that you will probably want to rebind. I just keep the recording box open on my other monitor, and it dims when I'm recording. I think the in game status indicator turns red too.
  • clankill3rclankill3r Join Date: 2007-09-03 Member: 62145Members, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Shadow
    yeah fullscreen did it. thanks
  • vartijavartija Join Date: 2007-03-02 Member: 60193Members, Constellation, Reinforced - Onos, WC 2013 - Shadow
    You can also select to record/stream your desktop if you don't like fullscreen for some reason.