Competitive West cost server please

SideWinder85SideWinder85 Join Date: 2013-01-02 Member: 177187Posts: 6Members
So were been playing these ensl matches in competitive play and the only server for a Australian team to play with any fairness in ping/ lag where it’s close to even is on a USA West Coast server against international teams. The only server that meets this requirement is the SNX West Coast server in LA, this is where Australians routing goes through where we get around 200ms +-30ms depending on isp and service. Most European, Korean, get around the same ping if not slightly better around 180 this is considered heaps better than playing on the supplied servers where the pings can be up to 100ms different between us and the international teams where we get 250ms and them around 130ms +-30ms. There is a demand for this server and a need for it to enable our teams to be more competitive playing on a more level playing field.
sebb

Comments

• DecoyDecoy Join Date: 2012-09-11 Member: 159037Posts: 201Members, Super Administrators, Playtest Lead, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Silver, Subnautica Playtester, Subnautica PT Lead, Community Dev Team vanilla
    PLEASEEEEEE MAKE THIS HAPPEN. It is so irritating to have no west coast servers to play on. We either have to mildly screw the Aussies over and use Wasabi's generously donated Las Vegas server or try to use the SNX LA Server. They're not always kept completely up to date though.

A west coast server would be lovely.
    UWE Playtest Co-Lead
    sebb
  • sebbsebb Melbourne, AU Join Date: 2013-04-01 Member: 184576Posts: 336Members, Squad Five Blue, WC 2013 - Silver
    YESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYES

+1billion upvotes
  • james888james888 USA Join Date: 2012-05-13 Member: 151995Posts: 1,656Members, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Shadow
    edited November 2013
    Post edited by james888 on
    EQTSzTF.png aka the Minister of Silly
    Benson wrote: »
    I feel like this thread is becoming the Ministry of Silly Strats. You wont get an endorsement from the Ministry unless your strat is silly enough.
    Benson wrote: »
    The Minister of Silly Posts has spoken.
    mattji104
  • ezekelezekel Join Date: 2012-11-29 Member: 173589Posts: 1,264Members, NS2 Map Tester
    james888 wrote: »

that server doesn't work, last time i tried it just gave an error when attempting to join; something similar to a port not being forwarded
  • SUPER_SARSSUPER_SARS Join Date: 2013-02-13 Member: 183039Posts: 274Members
    james888 wrote: »

Not asking for a pub server, but a private server for scrims/matches.
  • ritualsacrificeritualsacrifice Join Date: 2012-11-14 Member: 171148Posts: 704Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    Do they have game servers in hawaii? I don't know if that would even be any better, I don't know much about internet routing.. but it seems like the logical solution would be to find a server that's as close to the middle as possible.
  • CLARK_KENTCLARK_KENT Vancouver, Canada Join Date: 2002-11-21 Member: 9508Posts: 98Members, Reinforced - Silver
    @ritualsacrifice, I think the main issue here is $$$. :p ;)
    Known Aliases in NS1 and NS2: Furious Gorge aka 9, 1001, 234, NSPlayer, CAPS LOCK, CLARK KENT
  • ritualsacrificeritualsacrifice Join Date: 2012-11-14 Member: 171148Posts: 704Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    Sure, it would have to be paid for. I was just wondering if those servers existed because they seem like they'd be a better solution to the problem, but I'm almost entirely illiterate when it comes to this kind of stuff. I think most people would prefer the pings to be as fair as possible.
  • simbasimba Join Date: 2012-05-06 Member: 151628Posts: 146Members
    I just looked up Hawaiian game server hosting. I don't see much of anything that's promising. So if anyone wants to build out a custom PC and has a friend in Hawaii with a nice internet subscription who wants to try hosting it, get on that ****!
  • sebbsebb Melbourne, AU Join Date: 2013-04-01 Member: 184576Posts: 336Members, Squad Five Blue, WC 2013 - Silver
    No, hawaii routing is a no go. There is a reason there aren't any game servers hosted in hawaii. You would think that it is the location that makes the most sense geographically but packets are routed from Australia to LA and back to Hawaii and back to LA and then to Aus. LA is the best place to host a server for Australian to US/EU play, yet there is only one privately owned private server for use.
  • SUPER_SARSSUPER_SARS Join Date: 2013-02-13 Member: 183039Posts: 274Members
    Except when your name is @Jekt, then your routing goes through Neptune first.
    Jektsebb
    This issue has been rectified. NSL West #1 located in LA is now open for private matches and scrims for international play.
    SUPER_SARSJekt