My Natural Selection Birthday Present, in case you missed it

Comments

• rantologyrantology Join Date: 2012-02-05 Member: 143750Members, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Gold, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Gold
    Ice and Jamin, it turned out fantastic. Thanks so much for all the work you put into your NS2 ventures, truly awesome remakes :D
  • NazoNazo Such Is Life in The Zone Join Date: 2010-12-16 Member: 75720Members, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Gold
    edited November 2013
    This should deff be added too @xDragon 's NS2C mod
  • CarNagE1CarNagE1 Poland Join Date: 2003-05-14 Member: 16298Members, NS2 Playtester, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Supporter, Subnautica Playtester
    This model is outstanding! i will use it for sure. Incredible...
  • VetinariVetinari Join Date: 2013-07-23 Member: 186325Members, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Silver
    I can't stop watching this animation. It's too awesome.
  • Evil_IceEvil_Ice Join Date: 2004-07-09 Member: 29827Members, Squad Five Blue
    I can't stop watching this animation. It's too awesome.
    Hehe, thanks, hopefully we can get it some utilization in a few mods soon.

• Zomb3hZomb3h Join Date: 2011-01-27 Member: 79241Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    D6OHX0K.png
    You sneaky FUCK.
    I KNEW there was something odd about that part of the magazine!@!#@!JFKLJasdfasdlksdfjl!

At first, I thought it was the bullet ejector port, but the port is on top, wouldn't make sense to eject downward towards the carrier.

It always struck me as a bit silly, but now it makes sense...

Haha, well actually I DID re-use that as the ejection port for the SMG version, and I kept the real ejection port rotated upside-down and didn't move it to help aid the confusion and deceit...
  • killer monkeykiller monkey Join Date: 2010-02-26 Member: 70743Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    When is thus being released
  • JibrailJibrail Join Date: 2009-04-16 Member: 67200Members
    edited November 2013
    Congrats Ice for finally revealing this master-peace and good job on sticking with it for so long! I'm truly glad for the attention its getting, well deserved my friend!
    Thanks to Jamin for helping out and guys I can't get over how good that last clip look :D
    Here is hoping for UWE to take this bad boy and stick it in NS2
  • CCTEECCTEE Join Date: 2013-06-20 Member: 185634Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    Jibrail wrote: »

Yup, let's try and make it a TRUE return to Eclipse!

edited November 2013
    As of right now, I have updated/fixed/modernized the NS1 Classic Fade and Knife. I have also created a secondary world model mod for the NS1 Knife, to separate and isolate the view model mod from the world model mod, allowing you to use both, or either, to get around consistency failures. Links to both follow, the link to the separated knife world model mod can be found in it's description.

NS1 Knife:
    http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=118621791
    NS1 Fade:
    http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=120855757

Both should work on any servers that allow the proper levels of consistency... the Knife View model being the easiest to get working, and the knife world and fade model needing servers with relaxed levels of consistency... until/unless UWE does something to help out.

Back to the LMG: I'm starting to feel less and less inclined to chop/hack the model into a client-side mod, due to the amount of work/time that will be lost to the final result not being able to implement the new sounds, ammo counter and font, or world models. This model will be implemented into Sewlek's new mod as well as others I'm sure, as it is free to do so, granted you don't try to claim credit for it (would be pretty difficult to I assure you). I have also packaged the source files and compiled files for all three "Classic" models for UWE to utilize as they see fit. I will update this thread one final time with some good-byes by this time tomorrow.
    I don't see why not. We have main menu options allowing us to alternate between models, perhaps these would fall under as a "Classic" option for Fade, Axe, and Rifle.
  • NazoNazo Such Is Life in The Zone Join Date: 2010-12-16 Member: 75720Members, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Gold
    Zomb3h wrote: »
    I don't see why not. We have main menu options allowing us to alternate between models, perhaps these would fall under as a "Classic" option for Fade, Axe, and Rifle.

If we ever get the ability to choose what kind of Rifle (model) we start with, we need the beta NS2 Rifle to return also ;)
    Evil_Ice wrote: »
    I have also packaged the source files and compiled files for all three "Classic" models for UWE to utilize as they see fit. I will update this thread one final time with some good-byes by this time tomorrow.

NS1 Fade for Shadow badge supporters anyone :P
  • killer monkeykiller monkey Join Date: 2010-02-26 Member: 70743Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    I say we petition to get these models as options in the game
    edited November 2013
    Well if you want it badly vote here and show UWE how much you want it!

http://strawpoll.me/673921
  • elodeaelodea Editlodea Join Date: 2009-06-20 Member: 67877Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    edited November 2013
    awesome!

Also love how the melee knife attack doesn't have a 20 second deploy animation
  • BensonBenson Join Date: 2012-03-07 Member: 148303Members, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow
    edited November 2013
    Evil_Ice's badass rifle skin to go with the badass armor's for shadow tier????

I would ABOLUTELY use the NS1 rifle over the NS2 rifle (not that the NS2 rifle isn't awsome)
  • xDragonxDragon Join Date: 2012-04-04 Member: 149948Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Gold, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Shadow
    Now you just need a soundscape similar to this:
    Benson wrote: »
    Evil_Ice's badass rifle skin to go with the badass armor's for shadow tier????
    Hehe, don't forget it's Ice AND Jamin's badass LMG skin ;p

He and I split the work load on most of it, and it was definitely a collaborative effort, I'm just the one that you hear from, and makes it work for Spark.

• BensonBenson Join Date: 2012-03-07 Member: 148303Members, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow
    Evil_Ice and Jamin's badass rifle skin to go with the badass armor's from shadow tier????
    I will update this thread one final time with some good-byes by this time tomorrow.
    Three days later
    <_< >___>
  • jaminjamin Join Date: 2008-01-03 Member: 63332Members
    Nazo wrote: »
    I will update this thread one final time with some good-byes by this time tomorrow.
    Three days later
    <_< >___>

I'm afraid he didn't get the time before leaving. :P
    I still want this.

I wonder what @Sewlek is going to use it for.....
    He's using it for factions
    While that mod is awsome....I really want to use this....and since mods aren't really frequently played....that means it needs to be in official
    edited November 2013
    Benson wrote: »
    While that mod is awsome....I really want to use this....and since mods aren't really frequently played....that means it needs to be in official

Yeah, so much for 'Natural Selection' present if it's exclusively usable in a MOD.
    So much for spending 6+months on this to NOT have it work in-game.

The weekend is over, and it'd be nice to hear an official news or a sign of whispers within UWE office regarding this mod's implementation in the same fashion that the Shadow tier awards are.
    *blows rainbow colored horn* @HUGH
  • Dictator93Dictator93 Join Date: 2008-12-21 Member: 65833Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    edited November 2013
    HOLY CRAP. I just saw the ending animation when it turns into the LMG and my mind exploded. So bad ass and I really did not expect it. Wonderful.

IMO, UWE should implement this as an alternative skin for the rifle. It looks so good.
    as I said earlier you can vote here
    http://strawpoll.me/673921
    and share it around, show UWE how much you want it and hopefully it will get their attention.
  • LocklearLocklear [nexzil]kerrigan Join Date: 2012-05-01 Member: 151403Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, WC 2013 - Shadow