Cursor issue when leaving chair

_Revilo__Revilo_ Join Date: 2013-06-16 Member: 185586Members, Reinforced - Shadow
Just played a game as comm, and found a pretty annoying bug. A skulk ran into the base, so I jumped out of the chair to kill it. However, I still had the cursor up from commanding view, even though I was now in FPS mode, and so I couldn't change where I was aiming at. Everything else seemed to work fine (I could still move around with WASD and shoot), I just couldn't aim. This continued even in the ready room after the game was over, though I don't know if it continues between rounds as I disconnected from the server while still in the ready room.

Just wanted to check if this was a known issue. It was on a server running the Shine Admin mod.

Cheers

Comments

• ConfusedConfused Wait. What? Join Date: 2003-01-28 Member: 12904Members, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Subnautica Playtester
    I have not seen this particular one.

It's not in the internal issue tracker.

Has any one else had the issue? If so are there any particular steps to take to have it happen? or is it just comm logout?
  • GhoulofGSG9GhoulofGSG9 Join Date: 2013-03-31 Member: 184566Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, Reinforced - Supporter, WC 2013 - Supporter, Pistachionauts
    edited October 2013
    I can confirm this as a to me known bug yet im not sure if this is a bug due to the shine ui. I have noticed that this also happens after closing a ingame shown website by the shine ui. But im still trying to sort those things out. And it happens truely random yet i wasn't even able to reproduce it or get any error report.

Only known way to fix this bug if it happens is to reconnect. It also happened to me once on a vanilla server, it seems like shine is raising the chance it happens.

I want to make sure, from the side of shine every attempt was done to avoid this happening, still it happens rarely. Most things point that it is a vanilla bug, but as it happens so rarely and there is no way to reproduce it and no error in the log, i have no idea why this keeps happening.
  • ConfusedConfused Wait. What? Join Date: 2003-01-28 Member: 12904Members, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Subnautica Playtester
    Good deal, i will get it reported.

Any reproduction steps will be appreciated. videos would be ideal. thanks guys,
    Guys after a few hours of trying to reproduce this one in various hive and ccs we were unable to do so in non shine ns2.

I believe that it is a shine issue.
  • GhoulofGSG9GhoulofGSG9 Join Date: 2013-03-31 Member: 184566Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, Reinforced - Supporter, WC 2013 - Supporter, Pistachionauts
    Confused wrote: »
    Guys after a few hours of trying to reproduce this one in various hive and ccs we were unable to do so in non shine ns2.

I believe that it is a shine issue.

In fact no way to prove that atm. Running into too many ns2 bugs while trying to reproduce this. Will give it another try after next ns2 update.

edited October 2013
    Ok got it:

Way i used: Spam keys and log out of cc

Only thing in the log:
    [15:23:52][BOT] GeorgiCZ (2) died
    [BOT] Ashton M killed [BOT] GeorgiCZ (2) with Shotgun
    Main Menu Initialized at Version: 257
    Steam Id: 49071975

Update: I can confirm this is a shine bug. Trying to find issue source now.

Safe reproduce way: change motd plugin mode to 2. Use "bind Delete sh_motd" in console. Press delete twice.
  • Mac1OManMac1OMan Join Date: 2004-10-29 Member: 32510Members, Reinforced - Supporter
    edited October 2013
    I have had this issue once, out of a couple hundred times commanding about 2 days ago. Very uncommon.
    edited October 2013
    Ok solution is to open the shine votemenu (press m,n or c twice once) if you got this. Should autofix itself then. There will be added another thing to minimize the chance to get this with next shine update.
  • _Revilo__Revilo_ Join Date: 2013-06-16 Member: 185586Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    Ok solution is to open the shine votemenu (press m,n or c twice once) if you got this. Should autofix itself then. There will be added another thing to minimize the chance to get this with next shine update.

Thanks!
  • _Revilo__Revilo_ Join Date: 2013-06-16 Member: 185586Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    I tried using the 'fix' you suggested, however it doesnt seem to be working. I've had this problem again several times still, and every time I open the shine menu, the cursor still stays afterwards. I've tried just opening the shine menu, and opening it and selecting something, but I always still have the cursor. Any idea when the next shine update will be?