[Linux] some minor problems

BadevilBadevil Join Date: 2009-07-04 Member: 68028Members, Reinforced - Shadow
edited September 2013 in Technical Support
Hi UWE,

first at all tanks for the Linux Client I love it.

Right now I am testing the Linux client to find issues and I got a few.
1) Memory leak which occurs sometimes when connecting to a server it happens after the loading sequences before you spawn in the ReadyRoom. It happens every time after the first Server join, so also during a map change ;-(.
2) Options menu shows not to be correct (graphic issue)
3) Options menu keeps open if you go back during a game by pressing "Esc" instead of clicking back with mouse. After you resumed to the game with Esc the options menu is still usable, but Esc to go to the menu and close the options menu is not working anymore :-(. If you open a game menu like evolve you have a mixed mode you can click on option settings and between options also on the evolve menu.
4) Even with high FPS it feels laggy on client side also the mouse.
5) Mouse Button 4 and 5 does not work ;-( (for me flashlight and map)
6) Needed 32bit dependencies :D.

I also attached the logs which I gathered

My Sysprofile

Edit:
Point 1: Change Textures from high to medium (found in other posts here in the Forum)
Point 2 and 3 same soulution: Also a Windows problem and happens every time when I switch between DX9, DX11 or OpenGL. Soulution is deleting both LUA folder (Steam\steamapps\common\natural selection 2\core\lua and Steam\steamapps\common\natural selection 2\ns2\lua)
Point 4 seems better after changing settings but OpenGL still do not feel that smooth like DX11 or DX9.

Comments