i49 - Whats happening - whos going?

BonkersBonkers Join Date: 2013-04-15 Member: 184834Members, Reinforced - Onos, WC 2013 - Shadow
Does anyone have any idea whats happening with the final match at i49 yet?

I stared a thread on the ENSL forum - suggesting I would be happy to pick 4 people up at Heathrow and drop them at the venue - would also be happy to get a BBQ going for the community members etc also - but the whole thing seems a little in the air at the moment, and the only thing I know for sure is that the finals are on Saturday and who the teams are taking part.

If we could get an idea of numbers going - I'm sure we could get an area for NS2 players to sit and play etc

From my understanding we also have a 2 hour slot on the main stage - what is happening with the rest of the final - will it be casted etc?

Can anyone give a proper rundown of whats going on please - as for people to take a weekend away with now bordering on little notice we really need to have some sort of idea of exactly whats going on - whos going etc.

Comments

• unter_hosenunter_hosen Join Date: 2003-01-05 Member: 11858Members, Constellation
    edited August 2013
  • tallhotblondetallhotblonde Join Date: 2012-12-11 Member: 174770Members, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Shadow
    bump, why does UWE not give any details to the huge NS2 fans who are willing to make i49 a brilliant ns2 event? I am also willing to pick up 4 (or 6 if 2 wanna ride in the boot).
    We could have had a ns2 area in the GYOC arena, ns2 area in the camping area. Shit if you could even tell us what time the final is so we can get a day ticket and make sure we dont miss it?

anyone?
  • ForlornHopeForlornHope Join Date: 2003-08-01 Member: 18675Members, Constellation, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Gold
    I'm still tempted to jump in the car and come along... I can't really afford it but sod it! The Mrs is away so no one to tell me off. :P
  • ObraxisObraxis Subnautica Animator & Generalist, NS2 Person Join Date: 2004-07-24 Member: 30071Super Administrators, Forum Admins, NS1 Playtester, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Silver, WC 2013 - Supporter, Subnautica Developer, Pistachionauts
    Me and Hugh will be there - as well as Explosif (Deputy EUPT Lead) & playtester MGS-3. Possibly more, not sure yet.
  • BonkersBonkers Join Date: 2013-04-15 Member: 184834Members, Reinforced - Onos, WC 2013 - Shadow
    Well it turns out that nobody really knows whats going on - along with nobody really caring to share information about how long the final is or even what time its on..... So I don't expect that great a turnout - a real opportunity missed to have got a good bunch of NS2 players down and in 1 area etc
  • ChlamydiaChlamydia Join Date: 2012-06-01 Member: 152844Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    Hey hey. I might come along I think. Let's self organise something. The venue is 15 minutes from my home town so I can get bonus home visiting points too :)

Missed you all dearly.
  • BonkersBonkers Join Date: 2013-04-15 Member: 184834Members, Reinforced - Onos, WC 2013 - Shadow
    Well your place may be the ideal place to refrigerate my bonkers burgers until Saturday evening!
  • ObraxisObraxis Subnautica Animator & Generalist, NS2 Person Join Date: 2004-07-24 Member: 30071Super Administrators, Forum Admins, NS1 Playtester, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Silver, WC 2013 - Supporter, Subnautica Developer, Pistachionauts
    Bonkers wrote: »
    Well it turns out that nobody really knows whats going on

You're right there. I'm just going to turn up and hope for the best! :D
  • ChlamydiaChlamydia Join Date: 2012-06-01 Member: 152844Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    Bonkers burgers you say? That's it I'm in for sure.
  • HowserHowser UK Join Date: 2010-02-08 Member: 70488Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow, Subnautica Playtester, Retired Community Developer
    Myself, ObliviousSight and Troop from the mapping forums (specifically the SCC testing group) will be turning up. We'll be making a full day of it on Saturday. I've booked a room in telford so beers and a late night will hopefully be on the cards. maybe we should set up a meeting point before the event and so we can get critical mass and carve out own corner. Would be nicer to know who the other NS2 community members are.
    Maybe we should wear red bandanna's or something :P
    Some kind of official work from people that are organising it would be nice?

Hugh... can you give us any kind of rundown about whats going on here?
  • ForlornHopeForlornHope Join Date: 2003-08-01 Member: 18675Members, Constellation, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Gold
    I've just looked at my bank account and I think I might be in! :)

Good to hear some familiar names will be there! :)

Let's pick a time and place (that sells beer preferably) to meet and also an online way to let people figure out how to meet up if they miss the initial meet.
    edited August 2013
    I suggest a pre-match meet at 2pm on Saturday at least but I don't know the venue well enough to suggest a location. Anyone know the venue enough to suggest a good spot to meet?

Of course, if people want to get together at other times, I'm all for that as I'm on my own!

We can use this thread over the event if anyone fancies meeting up at other points or needs to contact anyone.
    edited August 2013
    Right! As no one is bothering, here my attempt to organise it.

Who we know about
    - Bonkers (TW@T)
    - Unter Hosen (TW@T)
    - Tallhotblonde (aka SkyIce, TW@T)
    - Obraxis (Lead playtester)
    - Explosif (Dupty EU Lead playtester)
    - Clamydia (formerly of Cystitis)
    - Howser (SCC Mappers)
    - ObliviousSight (SCC Mappers)
    - Troop (SCC Mappers)
    - Forlorn-Hope (long term troll)
    - Zinkey (LAN seat: H3-Q1)
    - Ren26 (LAN seat: H3-Q2)
    - Kelevra386
    - Blind (Infamous caster)
    - Hugh (Face paint enthusiast)
    + Saunamen & Legendary Snails obviously
    + randoms who don't check the forum

Pre-match meet up
    Saturday 2pm (GMT) @ The entrance to the Exhibition/Finals Hall
    We can hang around until about 2:20pm, then go to the nearest bar (if there is one?!) so late folk can still find us. I assume people will want to do stuff after the match and we'll just wing it.
    Map of venue here: http://insomniagamingfestival.com/venue-map.pdf

I'll bring a bit of paper with NS2 written on it so we don't just end up all starring at each other wondering...

Saturday Evening BBQ
    Bonkers has mentioned a BBQ on Saturday evening. Is this open to everyone, Bonkers?
    If so, people need to bring a bit of food and beer (maybe a couple of surplus for the guys visiting the UK to have if you can stretch to it). Do we also need our own disposable BBQs, bonkers?
    We can just go do the BBQ after the match is done and when people are ready.

Other meet ups
    If people are up for meeting up for specific events, random wandering or beer etc, leave a message here at the time and if everyone could check this thread throughout the event, that would be great.

I need your help to get this out to everyone going along so please circulate it! Send it to your friends etc!

Any feedback or ideas welcome!
  • HowserHowser UK Join Date: 2010-02-08 Member: 70488Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow, Subnautica Playtester, Retired Community Developer
    I am down with that. Since you've nominated yourself head-organizer :) maybe PM some of us your phone number so we can get in contact with you just people cannot make the first meet.
    I'll be wearing my NS2 Shirt - GATHER ROUND MY BABBLERS!
    Cool! I'll write up a quick message and PM people in the next couple of hours (once work is over).
    I have sent out a PM to everyone I know of. If someone could pass it to people who are not on the list above and let me know their username, that would be really handy.

I also haven't included any of Saunamen and Legendary Snails in the PM as I don't know their usernames. Please help by passing the info on. Thanks! :)
  • ExplosifBeExplosifBe Join Date: 2006-11-03 Member: 58284Forum Admins, Playtest Lead, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Reinforced - Onos, WC 2013 - Shadow, Pistachionauts, Retired Community Developer
    It's nice of you Forlon to organize something, Mgs and I will have our NS2-Fr T-Shirts.

Also, I talked a bit with Hugh about doing some Paintball on Sunday, like in Germany, I haven't been able to organize anything but I've seen that there are supposed to be a few around.
  • HughHugh Cameraman San Francisco, CA Join Date: 2010-04-18 Member: 71444NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Onos, WC 2013 - Shadow, Subnautica Developer, Pistachionauts
    Show starts 1800 ends 2000 on Saturday 24th! I will be flat out busy with the show from 1200 (when I arrive) to about 2100, but will be about after that... And will also be hanging around on Sunday! Can't wait to chill out with you guys!
    edited August 2013
    Hugh wrote: »
    Show starts 1800 ends 2000 on Saturday 24th! I will be flat out busy with the show from 1200 (when I arrive) to about 2100, but will be about after that... And will also be hanging around on Sunday! Can't wait to chill out with you guys!

I've edited this down a bit as I was perhaps a bit harsh on hugh - but the basics of it are that this has been very poorly handled and not well advertised etc
    I think we should just happy it's taking place in the UK. We knew the date and place. Job done!
    We'll make a fun day of it regardless of how the finer details land!
    edited August 2013
    Ta for the times, @Hugh! Yes, it's going to be great fun! :)

Explosif - I'm afraid I can't afford the paintball but thanks for adding to the festivities! I'm sure you'll get a load of people who are up for it.

LATEST
    - @Bonkers has very kindly said he'll be bringing BBQ food in the form of his patented miracle Bonkers Burgers and Ribs! I'll be giving him a call later to sort out specifics.
    - @ExplosifBe is trying to arrange paintball for Sunday. Nothing is confirmed yet but please let him know if you are up for it.
  • ZinkeyZinkey Join Date: 2013-06-25 Member: 185694Members, NS2 Playtester, Reinforced - Onos, WC 2013 - Shadow, Subnautica Playtester
    edited August 2013
    Thanks for the link to this thread @ForlornHope, Me and Ren will be arriving Thursday afternoon probably around 4pm ish, I will be seated at H3-Q1 for the weekend and he will be at H3-Q2.

Also gotta say I do agree with @Bonkers about the lack of advertisement for the final. I was having a browse on the i49 site and there is not a single mention of NS2 anywhere. If you check this link which has a tournament schedule (http://insomniagamingfestival.com/tournaments/tournament-schedule/) there should be an entry for NS2 under the 18:00 section on Saturday! I havent seen any information on the site in the form of the schedule, news posts, tournament list (http://insomniagamingfestival.com/i49/tournaments/). Essentially unless you already follow NS2 and know about the final there is no way you would even know about Saturdays game. Even though it is a bit last minute it would definitely be worth getting the final added to the schedule at the very least.
  • Ren26Ren26 Join Date: 2013-06-30 Member: 185811Members
  • ExplosifBeExplosifBe Join Date: 2006-11-03 Member: 58284Forum Admins, Playtest Lead, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Reinforced - Onos, WC 2013 - Shadow, Pistachionauts, Retired Community Developer
    edited August 2013
    For the Paintball, it would be the Warped Sports one, 2 train station away from Telford for less than £4 per person, and it's not far away from the train station: http://goo.gl/maps/n5zmX and the trains are regular http://i.imgur.com/K2go8sw.jpg
    Price for the Paintball are here, the more people we have the more free stuff we receive.
    Minimum price is "Pay as you play": £10 for half a day, £15 for the whole day: "We give you all the kit and the games. You just buy your paintballs. Includes 5-6 games for Half Day 10+ games for Full Day" and it's £5 for 100 paintballs.

However I need to know how many come because I have to book, I'd say we need a minimum of 6, maybe even 8 to make the games interesting, maybe even more, depending on the size of the field. I also have to specify a package, any thoughts?
    Also, if you guys prefer they have other activities: Laser Combat, Target Shooting, Assault Course and Treasure Hunt are available.

So give the website a look http://www.warpedsports.com and tell me what you'd prefer and how many of you would like to come.
    edited August 2013
    Thanks, @ExplosifBe. I have sent a message to everyone I have on my list with a link to your post.

If someone could pass these details onto Saunamen, Legendary Snails and anyone else who is not on my list (a few posts further up), that would be awesome! I really need everyone's help to make sure as many people going know we have stuff happening. Thanks!
    Put my name down for Paintball. I'm also up for some Bonkers Burgers!
  • GISPGISP Battle Gorge Denmark Join Date: 2004-03-20 Member: 27460Members, Playtest Lead, Forum Moderators, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, Squad Five Gold, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Onos, WC 2013 - Gold, Subnautica Playtester, Forum staff
    Remmeber to take pictures, and videos and stuff :)
  • LokiLoki Join Date: 2012-07-07 Member: 153973Members, Forum Moderators, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, Squad Five Gold, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow, Subnautica Playtester, NS2 Community Developer, Pistachionauts
    edited August 2013
    gah whish I was not working otherwise id be there :(