Marine Commander Guide NS2

DC_DarklingDC_Darkling Join Date: 2003-07-10 Member: 18068Members, Constellation, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver
edited September 2013 in NS2 General Discussion

Comments

• SquishpokePOOPFACESquishpokePOOPFACE -21,248 posts (ignore below) Join Date: 2012-10-31 Member: 165262Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    Thanks, this helps. My usual strategy is:

1) build things.
    2) get ejected. 
    3) quietly weep. 
  • DC_DarklingDC_Darkling Join Date: 2003-07-10 Member: 18068Members, Constellation, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver
    I will eventually, upon request, updates the guide with more advanced 'at your own risk' information.
    But for the moment it will do.

pfff silly Squish. You had a vacation? The topic was up for a while you know. ;)
    (its a repost as the edit function was being cruel to me)
  • SquishpokePOOPFACESquishpokePOOPFACE -21,248 posts (ignore below) Join Date: 2012-10-31 Member: 165262Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    Worst thing that always seems to happen to me is everyone is just at the wrong place at the wrong time. I've had minor success with beacons and preemptive scanning, but that really pulls away from the front lines and eventually aliens may gain an upper hand in personal resources. Marines proportionately die much faster if they have more expensive equipment on them. :(
  • DC_DarklingDC_Darkling Join Date: 2003-07-10 Member: 18068Members, Constellation, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver
    If they are at the wrong place at the wrong time, you are getting pushed instead of doing the pushing.
  • pip1pip1 Join Date: 2004-09-06 Member: 31430Members
    Thanks, this helps. My usual strategy is:

1) build things.
    2) get ejected. 
    3) quietly weep. 
    Yet you keep building things. Will you never learn?

That marine on a lone extractor is helping maintain and or expand your economy, so he's really useful. If it's a 1v1 situation that he can win (rifle vs skulk, shotgun vs fade etc.) then I'd totally med that guy. Same goes for a shotgunner against 2 skulks and so on.

Basically, the consideration I make is "does this guy/group have a decent chance of winning this fight with my support, and does he/they need it?" Sometimes I don't do this properly and med too much.

Could you fix the formatting?
    It's a bit annoying to read
    when it's written this
    way.
    Ok I think I fixed all the weird format problems I had when I had to copy it from my old topic. (if not PM me please, so we keep the topic on track)

Yes.. killing rts has use, but especially when you are new to commanding it is easy to fall in the trap of medding to much. So I went on the safe side. When you see the difference naturally you can med more intensely.
    edited September 2013
    This guide is now updated on the wiki. Go there to read it.
    Info in Opening Post is adjusted.

Old 249 guide is ALSO archived on the wiki.

250+ guide on wiki will be updated with more info in the following days, but I need some actual play now. :D