Poll: What do you feel is most important

YMICrazyYMICrazy Join Date: 2012-11-02 Member: 165986Members
http://poll.pollcode.com/v3sv9l

Just curious as to what you guys are longing for the most.

I should say that this poll means nothing. Is not a list of stuff that community demands should be done. So please do not take whatever is voted the most and assume it is most important as the majority of players do not use the forums. Thank you.

Comments

• SquishpokePOOPFACESquishpokePOOPFACE -21,248 posts (ignore below) Join Date: 2012-10-31 Member: 165262Members, Reinforced - Shadow
  • ScardyBobScardyBob ScardyBob Join Date: 2009-11-25 Member: 69528Forum Admins, Forum Moderators, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow
    Squishpoke wrote: »
    5) Hughnicorn
    Harlem Shake: Hughicorn version :)
  • nsguynsguy Join Date: 2010-01-03 Member: 69869Members
    Worst time to do this poll really. "Add more content"? Well obviously not now we just got a ton.
  • RainyCaturdayRainyCaturday Join Date: 2013-02-19 Member: 183202Members
    Voted and yeah.. that result page doesn't surprise me in the slightest.

Hope UWE really chooses to go hard on performance as a priority in the next few patches.
  • SixtyWattManSixtyWattMan Join Date: 2004-09-05 Member: 31404Members
    1. Fixing Optimization / Balacing

2. Adding more content

564. Porting to Mac/Nix
  • Kei-chanKei-chan Join Date: 2013-01-20 Member: 180898Members
    Balance, followed by optimization.

The game runs great on my computer, but I have plenty of friends with decent builds who chug, and it stinks to be unable to play with them.

Balance should be first and foremost, however, as the game feels like it's constantly in some state of balance-oriented crisis.
  • SeahuntsSeahunts Join Date: 2012-05-13 Member: 151973Members
    1. adding more content in the form of maps. I have not checked out the mapping forum for a while but there must be a few more that are getting closer to completion?

2. Balance. (but give this patch a week or 2 first eh?)

• VolcanoVolcano Join Date: 2011-07-27 Member: 112496Members, Constellation
    You fucking weirdo's and hugh really need help, balance and performance are the only things they need to focus on
  • YMICrazyYMICrazy Join Date: 2012-11-02 Member: 165986Members
    nsguy wrote: »
    Worst time to do this poll really. "Add more content"? Well obviously not now we just got a ton.

Welllllll since I thought they already working on biodome and the female marine model I decided to include it as well.

• WheeeeWheeee Join Date: 2003-02-18 Member: 13713Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    performance, then mac/linux cause those guys have been waiting a long time.
  • Soylent_greenSoylent_green Join Date: 2002-12-20 Member: 11220Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    Snappy, tight movement controls. I thought about trying NS2 after the patch, but I see nothing in there about movement and several people saying skulks are even more sluggish and unresponsive than the train-wreck they were before, so why bother?
  • DestherDesther Join Date: 2012-10-31 Member: 165195Members
    Snappy, tight movement controls. I thought about trying NS2 after the patch, but I see nothing in there about movement and several people saying skulks are even more sluggish and unresponsive than the train-wreck they were before, so why bother?

Pre-patch skulks were ridiculously fast with walljumping and had insane air control. But you've made up your mind without even playing the new version so there's not much point really is there.
  • 1dominator11dominator1 Join Date: 2010-11-19 Member: 75011Members
    Making current content feel better.
  • tarquinbbtarquinbb Join Date: 2012-11-03 Member: 166314Members
    they're all equally important... fixing bugs too.

not sure about the linux/mac though.
  • Soylent_greenSoylent_green Join Date: 2002-12-20 Member: 11220Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    Desther wrote: »
    Pre-patch skulks were ridiculously fast

It's not about speed, it's about acceleration; and no, they were not. It's not about skulks, it's about every single class on both teams.
    with walljumping and had insane air control.

Spazzing out and avoiding ground at all costs being the only mechanism to not move like a 140 000 tonne super tanker.
    But you've made up your mind without even playing the new version so there's not much point really is there.

The purpose of an open mind is to close it. If the movement system has barely been touched and it played like ass in last version, it still plays like ass.
  • weeschweeweeschwee Join Date: 2010-11-19 Member: 75031Members
    Performance. Balance will change as performance is enhanced. Some people have great performance, but the majority struggle with this game. I have get decent FPS (sometimes 70 in game), but it is never constant. It can go down as far as 30 in small fights and lower during large end game battles. A constant 30 FPS would be far better than 20-70 at any given time. Performance needs to improve greatly before any balance changes can be considered final.
  • Kei-chanKei-chan Join Date: 2013-01-20 Member: 180898Members
    Welllllll since I thought they already working on biodome and the female marine model I decided to include it as well.

They're working on a new map based on the Pauly Shore classic? Excellent.
  • OutlawDrOutlawDr Join Date: 2009-06-21 Member: 67887Members
    Performance>Balance=Content>>>>>>>port to mac/linux
  • lunsluns Join Date: 2010-12-05 Member: 75502Members
    performance is yet to be dealt with even with the recent huge patch of fixes. Starting with mid 30 fps and slowly start to dip below 20 fps mid combat, even it goes lower at times, this engine still runs very poorly.

We can pump all the content into the game but if the engine can't handle everything and more, developers are wasting their time on the content, sorry but its true. Although aside from the bad performance the game still has many key areas its still lacking big time. If I had pick second worse thing "most important" it would have to movement.

movement - simply cannot believe how sluggish aliens are. You guys made skulks bigger, and slower. At least make them more agile since they're bigger now compared to ns1 skulks. But seriously the game lacks good movement. The whole "wall-jumping" doesn't work, and I expected the huge content patch would address this but it didn't. It would be better adding something we know been working for years rather then half broken idea that works in somebodys mind only.

I also have problems with infestation/power nodes - mostly gameplay ideas that add restrictions to gameplay and removing player freedom. But its clear many of these bad ideas are here to stay, force them to work no matter.
  • Kouji_SanKouji_San Sr. Hινε Uρкεερεг - EUPT Deputy The Netherlands Join Date: 2003-05-13 Member: 16271Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue
    Performance, balancing and new content kinda go hand in hand... Just the way the devs are dealing with it :P
  • Rich_Rich_ Join Date: 2012-11-05 Member: 167152Members
    multithread support for cpu's, is this possible on the engine?
  • DC_DarklingDC_Darkling Join Date: 2003-07-10 Member: 18068Members, Constellation, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver
    engine, Im sure it is. (no fact, but they never said it could not)
    its the game with its logic thread which had problems with multiple threads.
  • CrazyEddieCrazyEddie Join Date: 2013-01-08 Member: 178196Members
    "Poll: What do you feel is most important?"

Gorge plushies.
  • ExoskelettExoskelett Join Date: 2012-12-18 Member: 175509Members, Reinforced - Supporter
    Build 241 add performance (make it playable on pub servers again pls) build 242 add more Multicore support - would be my wishlist for the moment. its kinda like funny that build 240 runs that way bad like 238 did and now my FX6300 is running 3 cores on 4,2GHZ cuz of this game (makes it more playable) ..
  • YMICrazyYMICrazy Join Date: 2012-11-02 Member: 165986Members
    Hm I was always curious about whether a linux port would give more performance since I saw this article:

http://www.geekosystem.com/valve-games-run-faster-linux/

In any case I still hope we will see one in the future. Maybe.
  • TweadleTweadle Join Date: 2005-02-03 Member: 39686Members, NS2 Map Tester
    I guess if performance was easy to improve, it would have been done by now as it's so high on everyone's wishlist? I doubt UWE will be able to provide anything near the kind of performance people hope for in any reasonable timeframe. I hope i'm wrong, though, and I'm only extrapolating from the improvements I've seen so far, alongside speculative diminishing returns.

My not-so-secret hope is that the powergrid/infestation is finally found out as being crap and needlessly cpu-intensive or something and that we cull it from the game entirely. NS2c performs far better as a result, for example.
  • Apreche2Apreche2 Join Date: 2012-08-06 Member: 154849Members
    I guess I'm the rare person without performance issues...
  • LocklearLocklear [nexzil]kerrigan Join Date: 2012-05-01 Member: 151403Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, WC 2013 - Shadow
  • OhnojojoOhnojojo Join Date: 2011-08-01 Member: 113400Members
    I'm actually not entirely sure which option to choose.
    1) We've gotten a huge load of new content (no complaints here)
    2) They're constantly working on performance but it could be better (my vote)
    3) Game could be balanced a bit better to allow for more fun and while overall balance is good, balance on individual maps can be refined but balance will always be changing as new patches come out.
    4) Porting to What-OS and Whocares-OS? I could care less.

Really, I feel that UWE is doing all the above except porting to a minor OS.
    But if I had to choose, I'd say performance. I'm holding a steady 65fps without overclocking my cpu right now. Dropping only in combat to around 50 fps.
    Its a significant improvement since the last couple of patches but as with most things, there is always room for improvement.