ns2_co_skylight

2»

Comments

• FlaterectomyFlaterectomy Netherlandistan Join Date: 2005-02-03 Member: 39643Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow, Subnautica Playtester, NS2 Community Developer, Pistachionauts
    DarkSeraph wrote: »
    (...) I'll fix hive occlusion & set death trigger on fan so you die if you go up there anymore. (...)

Hmm. I would have sealed off the fan with some collision geometry myself, but... I wonder if having it be a death trigger up there would negatively impact aliens (which is a bad thing, given it's in their hive), or if it would hurt those jetpackers who inevitably try to get on top of the hive more. Interdasting.

• DarkSeraphDarkSeraph Join Date: 2004-06-07 Member: 29174Members
    edited April 2013
    Hmm. I would have sealed off the fan with some collision geometry myself, but... I wonder if having it be a death trigger up there would negatively impact aliens (which is a bad thing, given it's in their hive), or if it would hurt those jetpackers who inevitably try to get on top of the hive more. Interdasting.
    I didn't want anything else to set a shadow there, I like the fan shadow. Maybe I can lower the glass instead.

edit: killing jetpackers with a fan in the hive? Only Core should do that! haha
  • SolarisSolaris Join Date: 2003-05-11 Member: 16213Members
    Personally I find damage/death triggers in combat maps a good thing. "Dodging" these things is part of what defines "skillful" in my book. JPs will have to learn not rubbing their helmets on the ceiling all the time.
    Flat, you are a genius, Thanks for the tip, this hallway looks so much better in my opinion.
    I've caught a glaring error with the long hall vents that was in the last patch - some of the 'cover' geometry was made transparent. It's been updated.

I will also say I'm very pleased with how the balance of this map has turned out with last stand. ns2stats for combat should be out soon so I can check the actual balance.
  • HypergripHypergrip Suspect Germany Join Date: 2002-11-23 Member: 9689Members, NS1 Playtester, Contributor
    DarkSeraph wrote: »
    I've caught a glaring error with the long hall vents that was in the last patch - some of the 'cover' geometry was made transparent.
    It seems they removed a biolab_floor texture/material, at least that's what caused some geometry to turn transparent in my current project to turn transparent. You should see error messages in the editors output window.
    Fixed the size of two of the stair props in the center (the ones that connect to straight hall), so that they no longer poke out and get in your way so much. Thanks for whomever gave me that great tip - I'm sorry I forget your name.