Changemap & Mapcycle issue

BynXBynX Join Date: 2012-07-24 Member: 154332Members
Hey guys !

Came here cause I'm in trouble since I just decided to add custom maps on my NS2 server, for a unknown (world) reason its just impossible to play new maps on my server (except when its the first map when the server start). When I do use "sv_changemap" command, I get an error "File not found" when I'm trying to connect. The second issue is when I'm waiting the server to change the map on its own to a custom map, its just getting stuck on the official map (the one before the custom in MapCycle) forever.

Here is my MapCycle.json :
<!--quoteo--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->{
"time": 30,
"mode": "order",
"mods": ["5fd7a38", "5f42a0c", "5f4f178" ],
"maps":
[
"ns2_docking",
"ns2_mineshaft",
"ns2_refinery",
"ns2_summit",
"ns2_tram",
"ns2_veil",
{ "map": "ns2_turtle", "mods": [ "486cef9" ] },
{ "map": "ns2_triad", "mods": [ "46f035a" ] }
]
}<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

And here is the server start line :
<!--quoteo--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Server.exe -name "Blablabla server" -map ns2_summit -limit 16 -webadmin -webdomain "814.814.814.814" -webport 8144 -webuser Bla -webpassword blablabla -mods "5fd7a38 5f42a0c 5f4f178 486cef9 46f035a"<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Anyway, if someone know a way to fix this, it would be really greatful.

Best regards.

Comments

• BynXBynX Join Date: 2012-07-24 Member: 154332Members
  • CoTTonCoTTon Join Date: 2005-02-28 Member: 42773Members
    edited November 2012
    well first of all, you are missing this :

-modstorage "C:\Users\Administrator\AppData\Roaming\Natural Selection 2\Workshop"

or where ever your workshop directory is suppose to be - did you also download / subscribe to those maps?

and also with the new build it is case sensitive now.

so if it was NS2_turtle you cannot do sv_changemap ns2_turtle
    edited November 2012
    Thanks for the answer !

Btw, I though that the -modstorage was for people that wanted the Mods installed somewhere else, didnt know that it was necessary.

And obviously, I did download the maps. Its only working when using the Server.exe start line : -map ns2_turtle.

The 2 others way of using it, mapcycle and sv_changemap arent working. But I'll give a try for the sensitive case for changemap (still dunno what to do with the simple mapcycle).

<!--quoteo--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->so if it was NS2_turtle you cannot do sv_changemap ns2_turtle<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Its changing map, but no one is able to connect anymore due to "File not found" error.
  • CoTTonCoTTon Join Date: 2005-02-28 Member: 42773Members
    read this post just to make sure you got everything right

<a href="http://www.unknownworlds.com/ns2/forums/index.php?showtopic=123497" target="_blank">http://www.unknownworlds.com/ns2/forums/in...howtopic=123497</a>
    I think I did all right, just give a look on my Mapcycle & server.exe start line. I find no error actually. :(
    Well, just did another whole of the config to do, and it seem that using sv_changemap is working, but still having issue with mapcycle. Dunno why, using "cyclemap" command on ns2_veil (the map juste before ns2_triad) is still doing nothing so I guess mapcycle isnt working successfully yet, but its still a beginning. :)
  • WhosatWhosat Singapore Join Date: 2006-11-03 Member: 58301Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    edited November 2012
    They could have removed it from the latest build. Can someone else verify this? Also try sv_cyclemap

EDIT: I just tried it on my server. cyclemap command works via webadmin and on direct console input.
    Well, I tried the cyclemap and its still working only if the next map isnt a custom map. However, its still getting stuck on the map before the custom one for ever.