Question and ideas about maps

Master BlasterMaster Blaster Join Date: 2012-03-17 Member: 148908Banned
edited May 2012 in Mapping
I notice that a lot of the maps are using a dark blue/black/dark gray color for the majority of the settings. NS1 had a lot of maps with a more beiege or tan color (like Veil and Eclipse). I suggest someone make more use of this because there is a lack of that atmosphere.

The new maps with the darker/more blue and black appearance look good though. They really look like the Alien films.

How long does it take to complete a map generally? I have never used a map editor or created a map, but if it is possible to learn then I'd probably try. However, it seems like something that is not easy to pick up.

Also I posted earlier about NS2_rats in the style of cs_rats from Counter-Strike. Still a great idea.

Comments

• pRiNcEkAhUnApRiNcEkAhUnA Join Date: 2012-03-06 Member: 148264Members
    <a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lRnF6MuzqAk" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lRnF6MuzqAk</a>
    I havn't watched the video myself.
  • CetmeCetme Join Date: 2010-10-05 Member: 74325Members
    edited May 2012
    Hi All,

I have a question, too. ;)

If I have "line" (greated with the line tool) and I want to build a "point" at this line, than this "point" allways snaps to the middle of this line. How I can stop this? (I hope you understand what I mean)

Greetz Cetme
  • fmponefmpone Join Date: 2011-07-05 Member: 108086Members, Squad Five Blue
    <!--quoteo(post=1939098:date=May 26 2012, 02:50 PM:name=Master Blaster)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Master Blaster @ May 26 2012, 02:50 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1939098"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->I notice that a lot of the maps are using a dark blue/black/dark gray color for the majority of the settings. NS1 had a lot of maps with a more beiege or tan color (like Veil and Eclipse). I suggest someone make more use of this because there is a lack of that atmosphere.

The new maps with the darker/more blue and black appearance look good though. They really look like the Alien films.

How long does it take to complete a map generally? I have never used a map editor or created a map, but if it is possible to learn then I'd probably try. However, it seems like something that is not easy to pick up.

Also I posted earlier about NS2_rats in the style of cs_rats from Counter-Strike. Still a great idea.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

I have some videos in my signature that may be of use to you.

Have a good one.
  • pRiNcEkAhUnApRiNcEkAhUnA Join Date: 2012-03-06 Member: 148264Members
    <!--quoteo(post=1939272:date=May 27 2012, 04:27 AM:name=fmpone)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (fmpone @ May 27 2012, 04:27 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1939272"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->I have some videos in my signature that may be of use to you.

Have a good one.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    I was actually trying to find your videos because I have watched a couple of them myself. They were great.