Taking from SabaHell's advice, instead of simply pointing out how broken bombard damage is atm, here are some numbers i've run for a balanced whip bombard.Context
-Standard 8-9 minute 4 whip build. conservative 3 harvestor only build with no tech tradeoffs which goes as follows
1) expand 2 rt's, save 40 res and hive energy and place 4 whips.
3) Start misting
4) Get upgrade of choice at around 4:00. 20 + 10 + 10
5) Normal augmentation timing 5:50.
6) 2nd upgrade if you havn't lost rt's.
7) Around 8 minutes you should have 40 res exactly as whips finish maturing
8) Sneak cyst to marine base using mists.
- Alien combined attack (fades are on field) with whips present
- 20-25 seconds for 1 marine to kill mature whip with rifle
- No ARC. Hard counter and different marine tech path. Mostly irrelevant to consider.Goals
1) Prevent 1 shot IP's. Maintain 1 shot sentry and ability to counter sentry farm. Damage limits are thus (2160/4)=540 < x < (2750/4)=687.5.
2) Reduce volatility and ability to insta gib whole bases
3) Maintain reasonable times on CC, RT, and AA.Proposal
Bombard Damage: 1200 -> 540
Bombard Radius: 8 -> 6
Bombard ROF: 6 -> 5.4
Link to sheet if you want to play with the numbers - http://dl.dropbox.com/u/5095264/whip%20proposal.xlsx
If you're not currently aware of the ridiculous state of whip bombard, here is a video to show what i mean. I highly suggest trying to do the 4 whip build yourself in game as well - its not hard to execute and is more fighting the UI than anything.
Gorge bilebomb forever.