Slowing down alien expansion
I have no idea if this has been implemented in an earlier build or discussed previously, but constructing cysts only on infestation, similar to the alien structures, might help address alien expansion issues. Cysts can currently be built off of infestation which is where, I feel, a few of the balance issues could be coming from. Khamms can simply stretch out cysts to quickly reach resource and tech nodes. Quick and dirty, this is what I'm thinking:
- Khamm places cysts near the edge of the initial infestation patch
- This forces the Khamm to, ideally, wait for the infestation to fully expand
- Khamm places more cysts near the edge of the freshly grown infestation
- The infestation would expand more slowly, therefor slowing down alien map control
- Constructing cysts in this way would naturally reinforce the cyst network
- And is consistent with the construction of other alien structures
Of course, the speed at which infestation expands could be increased/decreased to maintain overall balance and feel. Thoughts?
Calling me Super Anus Boy is both funny and original. You're so clever. Do it all the time.