Natural Selection 2 News Update - New NS2 store

2»

Comments

• ASnogarDASnogarD Join Date: 2003-10-24 Member: 21894Members
    Had a quick check and yes it would seem that it only uses the payment links/systems... theres no mention of NS2 at all by the Humble guys.
    Guess I shouldnt of assumed there would be some coverage of the situation at Humblebundle.

None the less, I would still say UWE should look to adding those basic options I outlined to the next patch... I dont mean magically solve all the server issues, just adjust the current browser to allow a retry or two ( limit the time between clicks ) , allow the list to refresh at specific interval ( each sec ? ) and OPTIMALLY allow a queue system whereby you try join a server and if the server is full you enter a queue rather than retrying, and when a slot is open you automatically join.

It is just really tiresome to use the current system to try fight for the one or two slots that may be open for the whole of the EU, waiting in a queue no problem having to go through the current mess ( or use the console ) is a problem... drains out my interest to play the game before I even get a game.
  • MaxMax Technical Director, Unknown Worlds Entertainment Join Date: 2002-03-15 Member: 318Super Administrators, Retired Developer, NS1 Playtester, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, Constellation, Subnautica Developer, Pistachionauts, Future Perfect Developer
    <!--quoteo(post=1918523:date=Mar 27 2012, 06:26 AM:name=slime)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (slime @ Mar 27 2012, 06:26 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1918523"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->I think there is a misconception in this thread about what the Humble Store actually is. Right now, it is simply an easy payment processor similar to <a href="http://www.bmtmicro.com/" target="_blank">BMT Micro</a> and <a href="https://stripe.com/" target="_blank">Stripe</a>, nothing more (yet). Currently it is not a Steam-like distribution service, there is nothing about it now that would suddenly increase the amount of people purchasing the game, besides its ease of use.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    This is true. As Charlie wrote in the post, we switched over to using the Humble Store so that we don't have to spend our time (which could be used for development!), maintaining our own store, handling issues with PayPal, etc.
  • korvokorvo Join Date: 2009-11-19 Member: 69427Members, Squad Five Blue
    It's intressting that you are local friends of the Humble Bundle Team - Up to now, I have all bundles from the Humble Bundle Team. The first one still was the best...
  • FlayraFlayra Game Director, Unknown Worlds Entertainment San Francisco Join Date: 2002-01-22 Member: 3Super Administrators, NS2 Developer, Subnautica Developer
    <!--quoteo(post=1918216:date=Mar 26 2012, 12:52 PM:name=Torrasque)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Torrasque @ Mar 26 2012, 12:52 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1918216"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Long live Natural Selection, long live UWE!

That is all. I love you guys.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Thank you - right back at you.

<!--quoteo(post=1918446:date=Mar 26 2012, 11:31 PM:name=Zaggy)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Zaggy @ Mar 26 2012, 11:31 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1918446"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Sounds good!
    Should we still point people to store[at]unknownworlds.com for support?<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Erm - kind of. Yes, for people that ordered before March 24th. If you ordered using the widget, you contact Humble. I updated <a href="http://www.naturalselection2.com/buy" target="_blank">the page</a> with this info and this will all be consolidated shortly.
  • auraslipauraslip Join Date: 2012-04-03 Member: 149917Members
    edited April 2012
    wish I ordered before the change. I'm in limbo waiting for an e-mail from humble after paying. And yes I've used the key resender. Hopefully humble respond to e-mails quickly because I was looking forward to playing tonight :(
  • auraslipauraslip Join Date: 2012-04-03 Member: 149917Members
    Ok. I am just impatient. It took half an hour to get the e-mail.

Thanks for making a great game (ns1) and hopefully thanks again for making another great game (ns2) ;)