Marine vs Marine [Beta]

1131415161719»

Comments

• SupaFredSupaFred Join Date: 2013-03-03 Member: 183652Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Silver
    edited June 2014
    @McGlaspie‌
    We tried to play some MvM today but encountered a game breaking bug. When accessing the armory no items showed up and noone could exit the buy menu.
    Video[/img]
    Server log
    Mods: Shine admin, ns2stats, modular exos and MvM.
  • McGlaspieMcGlaspie www.team156.com Join Date: 2010-07-26 Member: 73044Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, Squad Five Gold, Reinforced - Onos, WC 2013 - Gold, Subnautica Playtester
    @SupaFred‌ I just checked and verified, this is due to MvM & Modular Exo mods conflicting with one another. These two mods are no longer compatible. So, it's neither a bug in MvM or ME.
  • SupaFredSupaFred Join Date: 2013-03-03 Member: 183652Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Silver
    @McGlaspie‌ Thanks, then it's easy to fix. I'll get the server back up tomorrow.
    @McGlaspie‌ On a round of MvM tonight the enemy team lost their active command chair. When they got to their backup command chair it was closed and they couldn't login or eject. Log file
  • McGlaspieMcGlaspie www.team156.com Join Date: 2010-07-26 Member: 73044Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, Squad Five Gold, Reinforced - Onos, WC 2013 - Gold, Subnautica Playtester
    Hmm. Odd. Only time I ran into that kind of problem is when the Commander gets kicked. Thanks, I'll look into it.
    MvM is slightly broken with 267 at the moment. :(

Sadly, I didn't have the time to get it updated before B267 go-live. I'll be updating it this week, most of the fixes are already in place.
  • VesanusVesanus Join Date: 2009-07-18 Member: 68183Members
    Man, this mod was awesome.

Would play it again.
    edited April 2015
    You will play it again. I've been swamped with rebuilding the infrastructure for the CDT (from scratch), so I haven't been able to do any work with MvM sadly.
    I have not abandoned it. It shall rise again...I just don't know when.

There are some big things in the works. More news in the coming months.
  • IronsoulIronsoul Join Date: 2011-03-12 Member: 86048Members
  • lndlnd tn Join Date: 2015-10-31 Member: 208874Members
  • Soul_RiderSoul_Rider Mod Bean Join Date: 2004-06-19 Member: 29388Members, Constellation, Squad Five Blue
    Damn it, my eyes lit up when I saw an update on this thread..

Nevermind, panic over, nothing to see here.
  • NordicNordic Long term camping in Kodiak Join Date: 2012-05-13 Member: 151995Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Shadow
    Design document only makes me more excited
  • ScatterScatter Join Date: 2012-09-02 Member: 157341Members, Squad Five Blue
  • BabblerKingBabblerKing Join Date: 2015-07-12 Member: 206120Members
    Only addition I had already shut down by the design doc. I'm not too sure about the complexity of it. Sure, that's all cool tech but it might make sense to add most of it in gradually rather than try to finish all at once.
    I do respect your attention to what makes a mod be popular. Especially as I see one gamemode mod after another fail because they pay no mind to this.
  • KatzenfleischKatzenfleisch Join Date: 2014-03-21 Member: 194881Members, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, NS2 Community Developer
    Looks great yes, that's a lots of good stuff that will definitively increase the time spent by players on the game. Also this looks like a lots of work from a dev perspective, do not forget to sleep :) Keep us informed. Waiting now impatiently for this release.
  • Soul_RiderSoul_Rider Mod Bean Join Date: 2004-06-19 Member: 29388Members, Constellation, Squad Five Blue
    So how does your new role sit with the development of MvM? Does it make it easier to work on MvM, or more difficult?

I would assume more difficult, because if people saw you releasing updates for MvM, they would start shouting that you work on NS2 instead :P

Anyway, congratulations on the new role, and whatever happens going forward, I wish you the greatest of success :D
  • Eyeballz310Eyeballz310 Germany Join Date: 2016-02-19 Member: 213209Members
    Hey,
    whats up now?
    Just bought a server to run the mod and noticed that it isnt working. q.q
    Does this mod have a future? :D
  • Saffron_bakerSaffron_baker Sweden Join Date: 2015-06-09 Member: 205352Members
  • BeigeAlertBeigeAlert Texas Join Date: 2013-08-08 Member: 186657Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Diamond, Reinforced - Shadow, Subnautica Playtester, Pistachionauts
    @Mcglaspie hasn't had the time to work on the mod. Been busy with being a full-time dev.
    edited February 2016
    Wouldn't it be a good idea to have dev posts from before they were devs not highlighted as dev?

It's funny to see @McGlaspie complain about UWE still updating the game, when he is now the one doing the updating :D

It might confuse newcomers to the world..
    @Eyeballz310 I hate to say it...but I'm forced to disappoint you. Sadly, I've had absolutely zero time to work on MvM for many months, even though I still want to. I have no idea when I'll get the time to do so either.

@Soul_Rider Yeah, that would make sense; however, Vanilla Forums doesn't support that...so, nothing we can do about it.

A bit more on topic...I'm a bit surprised that no one commented on anything directly when I posed the semi-complete design doc. I'm still game to toy with ideas, but I cannot promise any of them will come to light. It's one thing to spend a few minutes responding to a forum post...it's another thing entirely to spend the 100's of hours it will take to properly "rebuild" MvM. And no, that's not me trying to imply I'm leaving it for dead!
  • Eyeballz310Eyeballz310 Germany Join Date: 2016-02-19 Member: 213209Members
    Yeah, you're completely right. And i bet all of the players of MvM are very thankful for the past.
    unfortunately i play NS2 just for a few weeks now.
    I dont know how this happened, but i (As a very intense gamer) havent heard sth. bout this game yet.
    I hope you will have more time for your !hobby! in future and we can play the Mod again (:

Greeeetz
    Eyeballz
  • ChrisStarkChrisStark Germany Join Date: 2016-02-11 Member: 212895Members, NS2 Playtester
    I also hope that this mod will be playable again. I like the Idea really much. It would be like C&C or a Starcraft with Terrans vs. Terrans.
    Would be an awesome alternative between the Vanilla NS2 games.
  • EHW1EHW1 Los Angeles Join Date: 2016-03-12 Member: 214122Members
    Any servers that support this?
    The Mod is broken currently.

I would strongly ask, if you are not McGlaspie updating this thread to tell us that the mod is now working ,or some other brilliant news, please don't bump this thread.

It gets my hopes up artificially.
  • KatzenfleischKatzenfleisch Join Date: 2014-03-21 Member: 194881Members, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, NS2 Community Developer
    edited February 2017
    The following mod is a work in progress made by Nin that allow AvA/AvM/MvM gameplay. It is already playable and running under the Arcade tab. The server got filled a lot today.
    http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=845910885

I thought it could be a good idea to past that here.