Can't find any servers

2»

Comments

• TailorTailor Join Date: 2003-02-24 Member: 13927Members, Constellation
    edited February 2012
    Okay, here is what seems to be working for me.

All servers have the IP + Port number, eg. 192.168.1.1:00000.

If I enter the IP into the console with "connect 192.168.1.1" it will connect to a server, even though nothing is showing up on the server list.

If I add the port number, it will not connect to the server.

So, pull the IP's from the list peregrinus linked to (<a href="http://www.play4dead.com/ns2/" target="_blank">here</a>), open your console, and type "connect" with a space after it, followed by the IP of the server you want to connect to.

Hope that helps everyone else get some game time in.

P.S. The link you will be looking for to get to the server list is the orange and bold text top right of the site linked above that states the number of servers online, and number of players online. Unfortunately, the link cannot be directly linked to.

P.P.S. Finally, something that just happened that is weird, is that I am normally signed off the steam friends list when steam begins, and I usually never turn my pc off, just put it to sleep. As soon as I logged into the steam friend service via the in-game steam UI, the server list is showing up for me all the time, regardless of exiting the game and quitting steam entirely....
  • DeKayDeKay Join Date: 2009-06-08 Member: 67752Members
    <!--quoteo(post=1906939:date=Feb 25 2012, 07:11 PM:name=Tailor)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Tailor @ Feb 25 2012, 07:11 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1906939"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->P.P.S. Finally, something that just happened that is weird, is that I am normally signed off the steam friends list when steam begins, and I usually never turn my pc off, just put it to sleep. As soon as I logged into the steam friend service via the in-game steam UI, the server list is showing up for me all the time, regardless of exiting the game and quitting steam entirely....<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Hey, that works! I just pressed shift+tab to enter the ingame menu, clicked on "all friends" and shift+tabbed out again. After that the ingame server list worked :)
  • bLink`bLink` Join Date: 2012-02-18 Member: 146506Members, Reinforced - Supporter
    Server list is working now again!
  • PricePrice Join Date: 2003-09-27 Member: 21247Members
    edited February 2012
    <!--quoteo(post=1906950:date=Feb 25 2012, 08:38 PM:name=bLink`)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (bLink` @ Feb 25 2012, 08:38 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1906950"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Server list is working now again!<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    Its working all time, the problem is the connection to the serverlist.
    I have no idea why, but if you see 0 servers, you have to wait in your mainmenu for like 5-10 seconds, then the serverlist comes back.
    Today i got the empty server thing, i just wait some seconds and it was back :-)
    Maybe UWE should place some "refresh server" button to the mainmenu, which just releases a 10 second counter *haha*
  • Sling_BladeSling_Blade Join Date: 2002-11-01 Member: 3412Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    Ya I don't know. It hasn't been working all day for me. I've tried all the suggestions.
  • Soul_RiderSoul_Rider Mod Bean Join Date: 2004-06-19 Member: 29388Members, Constellation, Squad Five Blue
    edited February 2012
    Internet power outages due to storms again :) This is happening almost every week :P

PG mods server was taken down by the power outage, and when it came back up, couldn't connect to steam master servers, so I guess they got power hit again as well :)

It's working now, just with a delay while they restore the network again :)

Sling_blade, go to the server screen and do nothing, just look at it, after 15-20 secs servers will start to appear. The routing is still slow because of the power outages but gets quicker as it comes back online.
  • pret0rianpret0rian Join Date: 2012-02-25 Member: 147399Members
    I have server but no one is playinng and when i connect: "Client and server differ"
    I have all updates.
  • Soul_RiderSoul_Rider Mod Bean Join Date: 2004-06-19 Member: 29388Members, Constellation, Squad Five Blue
    Did you update your server yesterday to build 198?
  • ÒŗăNģёÒŗăNģё Join Date: 2012-02-09 Member: 144437Members, Constellation, Squad Five Blue
    Seems to be random.. sometimes I can fix this with verifying the game or defragmenting it or simply restarting steam, but the other day I fixed it by changing my resolution, very strange bug
  • JuCCiJuCCi Join Date: 2011-08-08 Member: 114961Members, NS2 Map Tester
    I also get this bug often. I restart steam a few times and it works.
  • FloodinatorFloodinator [HBZ] Member Join Date: 2005-02-22 Member: 42087Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    I get this each time I restart my PC. Waiting 30s and the List always apears.