punish Ragequiter

2»

Comments

• _Necro__Necro_ Join Date: 2011-02-15 Member: 81895Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    <!--quoteo(post=1908660:date=Mar 1 2012, 12:08 PM:name=Price)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Price @ Mar 1 2012, 12:08 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1908660"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Also i see a lot people who wait for free teamslots join spectator, there where often more then 3 spectators watching a game like 4 vs 6...no admin here, so 3 people left and its 1 vs 6.
    the game ends and nobody want go the other team = server empty.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Oh why nobody wants to understand?
    Do you really think, you can fix your mentioned empty servers when you force the player to do something he does not want?
    One goes spectator because he does not want to play in this round. Maybe because he want's to smoke or maybe because he think the one team has lost anyway. Can't you understand what happens if you force the player into the match? The player disconnects! (or is afk in the forced team) It's simple as that. If I don't want to play that round, you can't force me. It's really really stupid to try to force a player in a game.

The server gets empty because many player have no fun in the game and IN NO WAY you can force them to play.
    If they can't afk in the readyroom or as spectator, they will disconnect. Resulting in the same empty server you are crying about. Don't treat the symptoms! Especially NOT with punishment! Punishment of players in a game? How can someone come up with this? Its ridiculous.
  • ogzogz Join Date: 2002-11-24 Member: 9765Members
    put it this way..
    if someone is not having fun anymore in the game.... quitting is probably the most passive and LEAST distrubtive thing they can do...
  • HemiHemi Join Date: 2012-02-13 Member: 145362Members
    enable XP earned. Make people lose it when they quit midgame. Problem solved. Only problem would be that if people got disconnected for a different reason, like inet failing...you would still lose xp.

But seeing many players having problems with ranks and such, I dont see this happening any time soon. So its in the hands of the modders.
  • Soylent_greenSoylent_green Join Date: 2002-12-20 Member: 11220Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    edited March 2012
    <!--quoteo(post=1908711:date=Mar 1 2012, 09:59 AM:name=Hemi)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Hemi @ Mar 1 2012, 09:59 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1908711"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->enable XP earned.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

I would rage quit NS2. As in stop playing the game, not recommend it to anyone(even advice against it if it ever comes up in conversation).

There are few things I hate more than persistent state garbage ala TF2. I even hate achievements and they're only silly merrit badges with no direct impact on play(they do have indirect impact; they make some players do silly and annoying things trying to achieve them).