USB PS3 --> XBWAX 360

That_Annoying_KidThat_Annoying_Kid Sire of Titles Join Date: 2003-03-01 Member: 14175Members, Constellation
so I have this madcatz imported sanwa internaled ps3 arcade stick, that is USB

it hooks up to my computer no problem, but naturally the xbox360 will have nothing to do with it.

what avenues are available to get the stick to work on xbox360 cause I'm tired of being curbstomped due to the fact I'm on an inferior input device

I know you can get a couple of converters, but that breaks the budget, Apparently xbox peripherals have a chip in them that auths with the xbox and that is how the converters work, anyone heard of anything ridiculously homemade that would enable the stick to work?

Comments

• ScytheScythe Join Date: 2002-01-25 Member: 46NS1 Playtester, Forum Moderators, Constellation, Reinforced - Silver
    edited January 2012
    Get a 360 controller, gut it, solder the wires from the buttons onto the PCB inside the 360 controller?

I dunno, sucks for buying proprietary nonsense.

--Scythe--
  • That_Annoying_KidThat_Annoying_Kid Sire of Titles Join Date: 2003-03-01 Member: 14175Members, Constellation
    BOOM scythe my man this is the answer I was looking for

and I didn't buy the xbox, it's my flatmates, I bought the PS3 stick cause a) I'm a PS fanboi b) it works on my computer c) the price was more than right when I got it and I had disposable income at the time and I remember thinking I'm going to enjoy this stick more than the memories of spending this money on whatever isn't the stick and doesn't last d) stick happens to contain internals from the industry standard company for arcade products so I could care less madcatz imported it

my plan was to scavenge a wired controller and use it for it's authyness... I wonder if I can make it connect from USB --> gutted stick, or if I have to open up the stick and get to the leads...
  • ScytheScythe Join Date: 2002-01-25 Member: 46NS1 Playtester, Forum Moderators, Constellation, Reinforced - Silver
    Noope. You're going to have to gut a wired 360 controller, and your fancy-schmancy controller, in order to combine them into one. On the plus side, you'll likely be able to use your arcade stick on your PC afterwards. PS3? probably not.

--Scythe--
  • lolfighterlolfighter Snark, Dire Join Date: 2003-04-20 Member: 15693Members
    I'm beginning to sympathize with Stallman.
  • SentrySteveSentrySteve .txt Join Date: 2002-03-09 Member: 290Members, Constellation
    <a href="http://www.gamefront.com/how-to-use-a-ps3-controller-on-a-pc/" target="_blank">http://www.gamefront.com/how-to-use-a-ps3-...roller-on-a-pc/</a>

I dont even understand the question.
  • puzlpuzl The Old Firm Join Date: 2003-02-26 Member: 14029Retired Developer, NS1 Playtester, Forum Moderators, Constellation
    He wants to use it on his xbox. It already works on ps3 and pc ( both of them use standard usb ). Scythe is correct.
  • That_Annoying_KidThat_Annoying_Kid Sire of Titles Join Date: 2003-03-01 Member: 14175Members, Constellation
    <!--quoteo(post=1897048:date=Jan 24 2012, 12:50 AM:name=sheena_yanai)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (sheena_yanai @ Jan 24 2012, 12:50 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1897048"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Why MegaUpload was really shut down.

The free market be damned.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

I wonder if it could be done cleanly, and preserving proprietary ps3 function (like the ps button)

I should find an EE grad student or something in my neck of the woods or something