Tera Online Beta appliecations are open!
Geminosity :3 Join Date: 2003-09-08 Member: 20667Members Posts: 5,835
edited January 2012 in Off-Topic
go! go! go! XD
Applications are now open and anyone registering before 11:30 CET, 13th January will have a chance to be one of the first 1,000 entrants. There will be later waves so if you don't get in on the first rush, you've still got a chance to get in later if you apply
European sign up: http://tera-europe.com/en/home.html
American sign up: http://www.tera-online.com/node/958
So... for those wondering what this game is, it's one of the few I've been more excited about. Why? Here's the list of stuff that sells me on it in a nice little, easy-to-read bullet list
* Proper action combat where your blade hits where you swing (it's a bit like monster hunter)
* No tab-targetting: your abilities go where you aim.
* Dodging/blocking so you can pre-empt enemy attacks and evade them
* enemies have tells (think boss fights, where they have hints at what attack they're going to do)
* Kinnetic battling with people and enemies getting knocked about and rushing forward and whatnot
* Political system where you can become the ruler of different regions either via popularity or battle prowess in the arena
Did I also mention the game is gorgeous?
Here's a trailer to whet the appetite... keep in mind any attacks you see in the vid are actual abilities from the game
...and to show off someone who has no idea what's going on actually playing in the game, here's an obligatory "wtf is..." video from totalbiscuit. For some reason playing the german version
edit: changed 'wet' to 'whet' to keep LF happy ;3
Post edited by Unknown User on