Project "Another Metroid 2 Remake" demo out

AlignAlign Remain Calm Join Date: 2002-11-02 Member: 5216Posts: 8,199Forum Moderators, Constellation mod

http://metroid2remake.blogspot.com/2011/10/demo.html
(And this isn't the old joke demo!)
Controls are tight as hell and you can customize if you want toggle/hold missiles or 1-button diagonal aim, it's awesome. Feels better than some real metroid games I've played.

Comments

• sheena_yanaisheena_yanai Join Date: 2002-12-23 Member: 11426Posts: 4,469Members
    edited October 2011
    damn.. looks awesome, but not as awesome as this

vonrichter whos the creator of this fan made metroid game went underground with his creation in 2008, not much was heard about it, until 2010 the second trailer got released. rumors are nintendo themselves were pushing him to stop the work on this game because at the moment he released that gametrailer only 92% of the game sprites were made by himself, the rest was romhacked material acting as placeholders. anyway. ive heard he stoped the work on it, and thats a pitty

latest video is longer, and has more footage and bonus stuff after the credits

Post edited by Unknown User on
  • AlignAlign Remain Calm Join Date: 2002-11-02 Member: 5216Posts: 8,199Forum Moderators, Constellation mod
    I vaguely remember seeing that before, too. But it's not actually playable?
  • lolfighterlolfighter Snark, Dire Join Date: 2003-04-20 Member: 15693Posts: 9,006Members
    We're kind of overdue for another Metroid game. There's hasn't been one out since 2007.
    Military cemeteries around the world are packed with brainwashed, dead soldiers who were convinced God was on their side.
    - George Carlin
  • AlignAlign Remain Calm Join Date: 2002-11-02 Member: 5216Posts: 8,199Forum Moderators, Constellation mod
    It really hit the spot, for me. Shame it's so short...
  • sheena_yanaisheena_yanai Join Date: 2002-12-23 Member: 11426Posts: 4,469Members
    QUOTE (Align @ Oct 30 2011, 06:32 AM) »
    I vaguely remember seeing that before, too. But it's not actually playable?

this fan project got stomped by lawyers of nintendo themselves with some nasty cease and desist letters
  • Kouji_SanKouji_San Sr. Hινε Uρкεερεг - EUPT Deputy The Netherlands, Hoogezand Join Date: 2003-05-13 Member: 16271Posts: 11,409Forum Admins, Playtest Lead, Forum Moderators, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue mod
    QUOTE (sheena_yanai @ Oct 30 2011, 09:11 AM) »
    this fan project got stomped by lawyers of nintendo themselves with some nasty cease and desist letters

I've seen many projects like this taking artwork, sprites, sounds and animations from the original, which is what got them in trouble. If you really want to create a fan game of this quality, you basically have to mimic the game instead of copying it. But yeah more work required is on this end of the spectrum :(

Why cease and desist letters, why not a job/buyout for them guys! :P

Forum Admin "to protect and serve" Admin/Moderator I mostly use a flamethrower tank for disputes... Mostly

Existence Unknown
    NS2-720p Playlist or on the UWE Forums, last update 11-aug-2012
    NS2: 95x1HP Skulk escapes, latest NS2 Comic #49 GAS: Newton's third law was wrong?