Lerk Flight by twiliteblue
twiliteblue bug stalker Join Date: 2003-02-04 Member: 13116Posts: 1,818Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue
edited March 2012 in Modding
Movement ModI&S Original Topic
Note: This is a server side mod which is incompatible with the default client. To test the mod, you will need to create your own local server.
Steps To Install a Mod:
1. Copy the folder/zip archive to your Natural Selection 2 directory
2. Create a shortcut to your ns2.exe
3. Open the property of the shorcut you just created in step 2, and modify the Target, by appending outside the quote marks:
-game name of mod
(eg. -game lerk_mod)
4. Finally, launch the mod from the shortcut.
Lerk Mod Version 4.4 Download (b200)
Lerk Mod Version 4.3b Download (b200)
Lerk Mod Version 4.2 Download (b200)
Lerk Mod Version 3.1a Download (b199)
Lerk Mod Version 3.0b Download (b197)
Lerk Mod Version 3.0 Download (b197)
(based on build 200, compatible with build 201)
- Changed glide behaviour
- Improved gliding responsiveness
- Tweaked flap vertical thrust
- Tweaked air friction
- Increase air acceleration from 4 to 6
- Reduced flap force on quick successive flaps (within 0.25 sec following previous flap)
- Flapping when not gliding reduces current velocity dramatically for even quicker direction change (kFlapDragScalar)
- Removed air control speed clamp in ComputeForwardVelocity (which had no effect at all)
- Removed Ctrl air friction
- Added circle strafing. Turn while flapping Left/Right and hold Jump to perform circle strafing. Tap Forward key to adjust radius.
- Looking in the vertical direction at steep angles no longer stops gliding!
- Upward flapping (Jump) when gliding now adds upward force.
- Reworked Shift key air brake. It now applies friction based on current velocity.
- Tweaked flap force and the velocity lost on each flap.
- Capped flap upward velocity (to 13).
Extract the zip archive to "Steam\steamapps\common\natural selection 2" folder, then create a shortcut with target = "Steam\steamapps\common\natural selection 2\NS2.exe" -game mod_lerk_3.0b
Then, launch the mod from the new shortcut.
Mini-Guide to the New Flying Experience:
hold Jump + Forward while in the air ===== Glide Forward
hold Jump + Back =================== Stop Gliding (decelerate and re-engage gravity)
hold Jump + Left / Right (+ Forward) ========= Strafe Glide
hold Jump only ===================== Drifting Glide -- maintains flight height. Great for fly-by carpet bombing. Strafing provides excellent maneuverability, but may cause Lerk to spin out of control (when turning too quickly at low velocity).
hold Shift ========================== Cap flight speed (to half of max speed)
Tapping Jump + Direction Key flaps in that direction, allowing rapid changing of direction. (Lateral and backward flight speed have high friction, as the Lerk is meant to be mostly flying foward.)
I'm looking forward to your comments and suggestions!
Post edited by Unknown User on