ns2_triad

12346»

Comments

• DarkSeraphDarkSeraph Join Date: 2004-06-07 Member: 29174Members
    Evil_bOb1 wrote: »

On the other hand could your silence not also be seen as selfish? While you're right that an example will speak much louder than your words, I feel that giving others insight from my perspective will help us drive to the 'law of NS2' together as a community.

I agree that giving a solution is not ideal, it is much better to state an issue that you have observed and the reasoning behind why you think it's an issue.

While our insight might only be partial, piecing together other's partial insight seems to be a way to get a better understanding of what the true picture is (the true picture of which we are not aware due to our own bias). While we might never see the 100% true picture, we can push towards it more efficiently as a community than as an individual.

At least that's my opinion...
  • Evil_bOb1Evil_bOb1 Join Date: 2002-07-13 Member: 938Members, Squad Five Blue
    Well the truth is somewhere in the middle :p We are saying the same thing in different ways. We can definitely push towards it more efficiently as a community, but if the community acts as one, we reduce the potential for diverse outcomes, and this in turn could damage the community. The community is the sum of us, and we each add to it with our own sensitivity as individuals, and that in turn, makes the community stronger and more knowledgeable, because we have many examples to look up to to help us on our own path, rather than a disclaimer saying this is the ns2 mapping guild, and this is what you need to follow to be part of it.

I definitely would point out technical issues, but when it comes to something more esoteric as to what makes a good working map for ns2, I think those questions are much better answered through your own meditation. And personally, I tend to enjoy things for what they are and I don't need much to have fun, if you would ask me no map has issues :p
  • SquishpokePOOPFACESquishpokePOOPFACE -21,248 posts (ignore below) Join Date: 2012-10-31 Member: 165262Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    Played this map last night, loved it.

I've annotated two locations: one where a ladder wasn't usable, and another place I felt could have used a functioning ladder.

A small nitpick in ventilation (the room with the lava floor below) is the way from the tech point to the extractor location/power node being blocked by some kind of metal mesh/railing, forcing me to go around.
  • bluemanblueman Join Date: 2002-04-09 Member: 399Members
    As Insane says, please take any comment (good or bad) as fuel to continue working and bettering the level. You'll always find someone who hates your work and posts about it. It only means you need to take it as feeedback, its an opinion. You feel its good? then fix it, you feel its bad or insulting? then forget it.

However, any 1 comment is the view of many players who didnt post here. Take it as a reference. It does hurt to see your work insulted. It does help to use it for becoming a better expert at NS2.
  • AichmanAichman Join Date: 2003-11-13 Member: 22782Members, Constellation, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Silver, WC 2013 - Shadow
    edited August 2013
    I love this map, It is so much fun to play it as an alien, lots of places to hide and walk without being seen by marines.

Maybe has too many routes that let you get behind enemy lines but it's something i could live with since as marines that is our job.

Alex please don't quit working on this, or even with Spark, you did a great job with triad.
  • bdbkushbdbkush .ca Join Date: 2014-02-13 Member: 193974Members, Reinforced - Supporter
    Was trying to give this a play-test on my server. Unfortunately I think due to the fact that it's been nearly 6 months since an update - it causes issues with "your files don't match" or something along those lines. Essentially, I can't get this to run on my server at all.