Natural Selection 2 News Update - NS2 Build 160 released

124»

Comments

• LorianLorian Join Date: 2011-01-05 Member: 76290Members
    Some of the bugs I found in the last games:

-Flamethrower blinds still by direct hits aliens
    -Lag is still too much
    -Carbon is in a long game without sense, because after a while every team, has plenty of it.
    ----->I really like the Plasmasystem, but perhaps you should add that turrets cost some carbon.
    -You can build more than one turret in exact one place by using more than one mac
    -Hydras should be more expansive and more useful, to prevent spam.
    -Turrets do a bit too much damage( try to kill them when 3 or 4 of them cover each other, if you don't think so ;) )
    -GL and Flamethrower should only be able to buy at an advanced armory

On question:
    The fighting-area has change a lot from NS1 to NS2. Could it be, that Jetpackers are going to be really, really hard to kill? Because an Onos can't get them in these high ceilings and a Fade can't kill them because of the new blink (which I really like!). Only way to kill them is the Lerk and he is much too fragile to kill JPs with HMG and other stuff... So how can the aliens kill the upcoming Jetpackers?

Thanks for reading!

You do a very good Job guys!!!!
  • twilitebluetwiliteblue bug stalker Join Date: 2003-02-04 Member: 13116Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue
    <!--quoteo(post=1821855:date=Jan 6 2011, 12:24 PM:name=Lorian)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Lorian @ Jan 6 2011, 12:24 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1821855"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Some of the bugs I found in the last games:

-Flamethrower blinds still by direct hits aliens
    -Lag is still too much
    -Carbon is in a long game without sense, because after a while every team, has plenty of it.
    ----->I really like the Plasmasystem, but perhaps you should add that turrets cost some carbon.
    -You can build more than one turret in exact one place by using more than one mac
    -Hydras should be more expansive and more useful, to prevent spam.
    -Turrets do a bit too much damage( try to kill them when 3 or 4 of them cover each other, if you don't think so ;) )
    -GL and Flamethrower should only be able to buy at an advanced armory

On question:
    The fighting-area has change a lot from NS1 to NS2. Could it be, that Jetpackers are going to be really, really hard to kill? Because an Onos can't get them in these high ceilings and a Fade can't kill them because of the new blink (which I really like!). Only way to kill them is the Lerk and he is much too fragile to kill JPs with HMG and other stuff... So how can the aliens kill the upcoming Jetpackers?

Thanks for reading!

You do a very good Job guys!!!!<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Welcome to the forums!

May I suggest that you visit the NS2 <a href="http://getsatisfaction.com/unknownworlds/topics" target="_blank">GetSatisfaction</a> site, as it has a great system for reporting issues with NS2. You'll be glad to see that all of those issues you mention have already been reported there.

As for jet packs, I have faith that Flayra and the other devs will give aliens techs to counter them.