GameOvermind

Comments

• XuXuXuXu Join Date: 2011-01-01 Member: 76096Members, Reinforced - Silver
    edited January 2011
    <!--quoteo--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->I've uploaded v2, new commands are: om_ban, om_eject, om_slay and om_rename. I wanted to test it a bit more before release, but seeing as people are now using a potentially unstable version, I decided to go ahead and post it anyway. It should be nice and stable now, as I've done away with the contrived nick-tracking mechanism, and am now using SteamIDs to track players.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Nice! We will test it soon on our server and give you a short report how it feels!

So v1 is a bit unstable yeah our server crashed randomly (@approx. 700mb Memory usage) since we deactivated NS2.GmOvrmind it keeps running. sadly, because ingame it works fine for us.

But we found one ?bug? --> added 2 unique users. But we aren't able to login both of us on on the same time. "<b>account already in use</b>" is the errormessage but we use different users??? And just one of us can perform commands, the other one get this message if he tries: "You don't have the rights to...." (sorry cannot remember exactly will make a screenshot later)

Anyway - keep up the nice work dude! :)

XuXu - exit1.at
  • playerplayer Join Date: 2010-09-12 Member: 73982Members
    Ah, testing login-procedures isn't easy to do when there are just bots around. Multiple players cannot log into the same account at once (that's what the mod thinks is going on here), and if you're not allowed to login, you obviously cannot use restricted commands. Are you using the login\password method? or via SteamID? And how does your Config.lua look like (with the SteamIDs and login-data censored of course)?

Thanks for the feedback.
  • XuXuXuXu Join Date: 2011-01-01 Member: 76096Members, Reinforced - Silver
    Hi!

Currently I'm at work now. We use the Login/PW Method (without SteamID)...

Today we install the new version, maybe it works with the SteamID's. We will test it! =)
  • endarendar Join Date: 2010-07-27 Member: 73256Members, Squad Five Blue
    Have 2 instances of the game, both loaded with this mod on the same server, no crash so far, good work on the stability! Been about 8 hours, although memory has been slowly growing (50MB/hour?) But, this could be B161 related. One server has been full (about 800MB now) the empty one is still low at around 450MB.
  • darkyatdarkyat Join Date: 2011-01-12 Member: 77212Members
    NS2-GmOvrmind(v2) Initialized succesfully.

(This is besides a spelling mistake as it should mean "successfully" instead)

We will try it out in the evening (it's 12:39PM here atm [GMT +1]).

Anyways i also want to tell you that you're doing a rly great job.

keep it up pls
    <!--quoteo(post=1824306:date=Jan 14 2011, 12:27 PM:name=endar)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (endar @ Jan 14 2011, 12:27 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1824306"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Been about 8 hours, although memory has been slowly growing (50MB/hour?) But, this could be B161 related. One server has been full (about 800MB now) the empty one is still low at around 450MB.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    I highly doubt it's the mod as I have measured no memory-leaks during testing. Also, 50MB is a massive amount of data when we're talking about a text-only mod, so I think it's fair to say B161 might be at fault here.

<!--quoteo--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->NS2-GmOvrmind(v2) Initialized succesfully.

(This is besides a spelling mistake as it should mean "successfully" instead)<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    Fixed it.
    GmOvrmind(v2) works fine here.

auto login is working and i've experienced no crashes yet.

vry gj :)
  • RulgrokRulgrok Join Date: 2007-04-04 Member: 60559Members
    Hey man it's working great. Finally was able to ban the jerk of a griefer that haunts out servers. Did notice the admin mod stopped working after an om_restartround once. The server stayed up fine though.
    The problem with "2 parallel admins" is still existing with v2 & automatic steam_id logon.

As soon as a second admin joins - the first admin gets logged out.
    <!--quoteo(post=1825043:date=Jan 17 2011, 08:10 PM:name=Rulgrok)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Rulgrok @ Jan 17 2011, 08:10 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1825043"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Did notice the admin mod stopped working after an om_restartround once. The server stayed up fine though.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    Hm, haven't encountered this problem, chances are it has already been fixed during one of the many code-overhauls for v3.

<!--quoteo(post=0:date=:name=darkyat)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (darkyat)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->The problem with "2 parallel admins" is still existing with v2 & automatic steam_id logon.
    As soon as a second admin joins - the first admin gets logged out.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    I'll try and straighten this out for v3.
  • w0dk4w0dk4 Join Date: 2008-04-22 Member: 64129Members, Constellation, Reinforced - Shadow
    Is it just me or is the response from om commands printed to "All Chat" rather then the client's console?
    Yes I've seen that happen once. Wasn't sure if it was just a fluke or whether it indeed was just broadcasting it on all-chat continuously, it certainly isn't supposed to. It should fake a chat-message to the client and pretent it was from a player called "NS2-GmOvrmind". This is the only way I found to print something to the client-console (via chat-history).

I'll chalk it up as a bug then.
  • w0dk4w0dk4 Join Date: 2008-04-22 Member: 64129Members, Constellation, Reinforced - Shadow
    Ohh right, okay!

I was just confused because of the "All Chat" it said in the console.
  • MaxMax Technical Director, Unknown Worlds Entertainment Join Date: 2002-03-15 Member: 318Super Administrators, Retired Developer, NS1 Playtester, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, Constellation, Subnautica Developer, Pistachionauts, Future Perfect Developer
    Alrighty, I've uploaded v3. This version brings om_damagehp, om_healhp, om_sethp, om_damagearmor, om_healarmor and om_setarmor among others. Many Lua-related errors have been fixed, as well as the multiple-login problem (thanks darkyat).

There is also the om_killserver command. This does pretty much what it hints at, namely kill the server-process. To be more precise, it kills the mod's host-process. This will be Server.exe in the case of Dedicated-servers, and NS2.exe for Listen-servers. When you have Server.exe setup as a service with auto-restarting, or use a tool to restart it automatically after it crashes, you can use the om_killserver command as an easy way of restarting your server.

The biggest change though, is the addition of a brand-new web-administration, of which I leave you <a href="http://1690247.websites.xs4all.nl/NS2GmOvrmind/adminpage.htm" target="_blank">a snapshot</a>. It is still a bit wonky (displayed information isn't entirely correct), but it should function just fine.

Because I loathe writing up documentation, I'll update the start-post tomorrow.
    I forgot to mention by the way, the configuration-file is now called "NS2GmOvrmind_ServerConfiguration.lua", so don't forget to move over all your existing settings to that file. It should be common practice to completely evaluate your configuration with each build anyway, as the definitions of functions may have changed, thereby breaking previous config-entrys.
    edited January 2011
    Hi Player,

Just a change I've noticed, when the server statrs up, and it adds the bans, it no longer states who was banned. (I think it used to? I'm pretty sure but not 100%). It now only says Successfully added ban.
    Shown in:
    <a href="http://img91.imageshack.us/img91/7636/ns2gmo.png" target="_blank">http://img91.imageshack.us/img91/7636/ns2gmo.png</a>

If that's intended no worries, just posting just in case it's not working properly!
    I did copy my user/bans into the newly named config file as well.

EDIT: Love the om_killserver command!
    You are right, the steam-mask should be displayed. I've tested it, and found a tiny bug that prevented the steam-mask from displaying in the console when a ban was added via it's STEAM_x:x:xxxx mask, instead of the digested integer x. You needn't worry about it though, as the ban itself is being added properly, so it's just an aesthetic problem. It's fixed for the next version of course.
    Just some more notes.

The first one is how to cause a crash using the mod, but i understand its not the mods fault.

When players sometimes get DC'd, but their body remains in game, they rejoin and have 2 of themselves, with names like:
    endar
    endar(2)
    endar(3)
    etc
    etc

This can cause more than 1 player to have the same omID, and no correct steam id, in the om_players list.
    I had 3 players (different people) who had a double, sharing the same id, so I decided to kick that id. Server dead.

Second note I have is about rejoining with the wrong name, as in endar is still in game (because I crashed), so i become endar(2). I don't get autologged into the mod (using steamid authentication). This makes sense due to only being able to have 1 admin using 1 "account" at the same time, but is there a way of forcing a refresh of the steamids, and check if an admin is currently playing? I have a feeling it may already be possible using om_servercommand, but no idea on the right command...
    I see time-out bugs are back to bite me in the arse again. Technically I don't think Spark should even allow multiple clients with the same Steam-ID (it does right now via that time-out bug you described). What I'll do is I will make the mod check when a client connects, whether or not that client's Steam-ID is already on the server, and if it is, boot that (presumably) ghost-player off the server. This will sort out the player duplication-glitches, as well as the mod's inability to deal with it.

You can see if there are any admins currenty logged on using om_players (the last column). I'll also add a om_purgelogins command, to forcibly log-out any logged in admins, just in case you have trouble logging in again.

I'll upload a new version with said fixes as soon as possible (aesthetic bugs are one thing, but server-crashing issues are just not acceptable).
    edited January 2011
    <!--quoteo(post=1826651:date=Jan 24 2011, 08:11 PM:name=player)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (player @ Jan 24 2011, 08:11 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1826651"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Alrighty, I've uploaded v3. This version brings om_damagehp, om_healhp, om_sethp, om_damagearmor, om_healarmor and om_setarmor among others. Many Lua-related errors have been fixed, as well as the multiple-login problem (thanks darkyat).<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Thanks for the fix.

Seems to work perfect now!
    <!--quoteo(post=1827390:date=Jan 26 2011, 09:44 PM:name=player)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (player @ Jan 26 2011, 09:44 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1827390"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->You can see if there are any admins currenty logged on using om_players (the last column). I'll also add a om_purgelogins command, to forcibly log-out any logged in admins, just in case you have trouble logging in again.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    That would assume that I am able to log in to have permission to run that command, currently I only have my steamid autologin. Maybe I will create a secondary manual password login for this occasion.

<!--quoteo(post=1827390:date=Jan 26 2011, 09:44 PM:name=player)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (player @ Jan 26 2011, 09:44 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1827390"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->I'll upload a new version with said fixes as soon as possible (aesthetic bugs are one thing, but server-crashing issues are just not acceptable).<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

It may be server-crashing, but its easily controllable. Don't kick someone who shares the same OID with another person, I mostly did it out of curiosity.
    Ok, uploaded v4. This comes with om_purgelogins to force a log-out for any admins currently on.

More importantly, the multiple-clients issue. The way I've set it up, when it finds that a connecting client's Steam-ID is already present on the server (in the form of a ghost-player, probably after a client-crash), it will refuse the connection. It will keep on refusing until the ghost-player has left the server completely (usually between 15-30 secs after the initial time-out). This will ensure no Steam-ID or Overmind-ID will be in use by 2 players at any one time.

<!--quoteo--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->That would assume that I am able to log in to have permission to run that command, currently I only have my steamid autologin. Maybe I will create a secondary manual password login for this occasion.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    You're right, that slipped my mind, but hopefully it should be fixed now, and no back-up login will be necessary.
  • CamronCamron Join Date: 2011-01-06 Member: 76356Members
    <!--quoteo(post=1827456:date=Jan 26 2011, 10:41 AM:name=player)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (player @ Jan 26 2011, 10:41 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1827456"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->More importantly, the multiple-clients issue. The way I've set it up, when it finds that a connecting client's Steam-ID is already present on the server (in the form of a ghost-player, probably after a client-crash), it will refuse the connection. It will keep on refusing until the ghost-player has left the server completely (usually between 15-30 secs after the initial time-out). This will ensure no Steam-ID or Overmind-ID will be in use by 2 players at any one time.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    So players will not be able to rejoin a server while their ghost is there? Why not just try to kick the ghost? Ghosts show a 0 ping and you can tell that they are ghosts too if someone else is trying to join with the same steam-id, so just kick the original instead of the connecting one. I've been in servers where ghost clients were there for hours and hours.
    Of course I considered doing it the other way around, however for technical reasons (the whole mod is built around Overmind-IDs, and the presence of 2 clients with the same ID throws a real monkey-wrench in there and makes me have to be REAL careful with anything I do), I've decided to use this as a stop-gap measure. For the next version, I'll have it boot the ghost.
  • woodywoody SoCal Woody56 Join Date: 2004-02-14 Member: 26541Members
    Is there a list with all server commands avalible ?
    Try om_help ingame, it will list all the commands and their description. There's also some information in the topic-start but I've really been neglecting it, so it's not up to date.
  • woodywoody SoCal Woody56 Join Date: 2004-02-14 Member: 26541Members
    edited February 2011
    Sorry I should have asked is there way to see all the ns2 server executable with the om_servercommand.
    Ehm... I'm not sure what to make of that. You wish to see all the Server.exe-instances on the computer? That's not what 'om_servercommand' does. 'om_servercommand' runs the command you specify after it through the server's command-line. This could be "cheats 1" or "addbots 6".
    After a seemingly long period of silence, I thought I'd give an update on what I've been working on (which is a lot) for the next version:

On the command-front I've added:
    om_serverstatus
    om_serverinfo
    om_modstatus
    om_modinfo
    om_listusers
    om_listbans
    om_addbots
    om_removebots
    om_cheats
    om_reasonkick
    om_delaykick
    om_ping
    and probably a couple more I can't recall right now.

Upon request I've put in reserved-slots. I'm working on implementing it better than it's last incarnation (which supposedly caused confusion\animosity among players).

Players will now recieve a proper message as to why they are being kicked (kickreason\ban\reservedslot).

I've also finally implemented priviliges, this will allow you to configure exactly which commands a user can and can't execute, as well as which commands guests (non-loggedin players) can use. There is now also an anti-commandflooding mechanism.

Further more, I've improved (read: completely rewritten) the Spark query-responder. This is good news for HLSW users, as they will finally be able to get a proper read-out of the server (right now all players are listed as 'Unknown'). My attention is currently set on implementing RCON (yet again great for HLSW users).

It might take a while longer before this version is released, expect it in maybe a couple of weeks.