The videocasts, where UWE talked about the different aspects of the development of NS2 were very entertaining and insightful. It was great to see the real faces behind the Game and how they're working. There hasn't been a cast in the last months and i think it would be the right time do make a new one. We, the Community are aware of various things and about whats going on with the game, but not the rest of the world - which could eventually buy this game. The Game hit the beta phase which invites everybody to check it out. But an interested person is faced with a ######load of information, therefore i have a suggestion.
A new videocast, which is not so connected with the development, but more of a Preview/Trailer/Show of the Game.
There are many aspects of the game which most of the players are not familiar with. Let's just see what UWE can show and talk to:
- The Moddability of the engine. Talk in the video about the modding capabilities, show some examples of the Modding Forum what the people made so far - favourable the Mappers and how easy it is to make something.
- Show the graphic features, they're still somehow dominating the gaming industry, and the graphic is great!
- Tell a bit of a backstory. We all see about the Aliens and Marines, but many people dont even no that they're named kharaa. A little story introduction with atmoshperic videos of the levels and artworks will soak more players into the universe.
- The indie-dev card -> Tell the people you are a small studio, tell them you're making the game with your community.
- Do a little introduction about the gameplay, about the Commanders and the role of the players. Tell about the teamplay, the stragety elements and the cooperation of the players. New people will love this stuff if they hear about it.
- Include some cinematics, and how they work, every one can soon make a cool cinematic with the tools, make the trailer a bit blockbuster like.
If the vid is just twittert by every die hard fan it will reach various gaming sites in a breeze. I just think the time is right do make a video for the world, not just the community. :)
More pre-orders means happier devs means happier game means happier players. :)
I hope you get my point and i surely do not want to tell you what do to, i just think it would be a good idea.
At this point i would thank NS2HD for his great videos and footage of NS2, you're doing a great job for the publicity!
Feel free to contribute Ideas!
"I got in one little fight and my com got scared, he said you're moving with your squad to the ###### hive."