Ambient sounds (music intro)

BRICEBRICE Join Date: 2010-07-16 Member: 72453Posts: 98Members
Ambient sounds i can live with and respect (+atmosphere)
Ambient music which i could turn off in earlier versions with "stopsound" console command - But cant now? (+disturbing)

Am i doing something wrong here, no available cmds i can find on guides etc seem to stop the ambient music.

Its almost at the point where i refuse to move out of the base before the annoying ¤"&%¤ has stopped to play.
It overlaps and distorts and exclude all other sounds to me so i might aswell play nosound the first seconds of a game.

Any help with this would be much appreciated.

Comments

• Kouji_SanKouji_San Sr. Hινε Uρкεερεг - EUPT Deputy The Netherlands, Hoogezand Join Date: 2003-05-13 Member: 16271Posts: 11,436Forum Admins, Playtest Lead, Forum Moderators, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue mod
    edited August 2010
    some are mp3, using the target_mp3audio entity. These can't be turned off with "stopsound", I do think there is an option for turning down the music volume...
    Post edited by Unknown User on

Forum Admin "guardian of the magic cookiejar" Admin/Moderator I mostly use a flamethrower tank for disputes... Mostly

Existence Unknown
    NS2-720p Playlist or on the UWE Forums, last update 11-aug-2012
    NS2: 95x1HP Skulk escapes, latest NS2 Comic #49 GAS: Newton's third law was wrong?

• BRICEBRICE Join Date: 2010-07-16 Member: 72453Posts: 98Members
    edited August 2010
    My gamer girlfriend suggested i "blank" the file(s) in the folder related to audio ambient music.
    That being replacing a music file with a dummy dead file with nothing in it retaining the name.
    Would this be an option?

Thx for your input Kouji
  • Kouji_SanKouji_San Sr. Hινε Uρкεερεг - EUPT Deputy The Netherlands, Hoogezand Join Date: 2003-05-13 Member: 16271Posts: 11,436Forum Admins, Playtest Lead, Forum Moderators, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue mod
    I'm not sure if these are locked in the server-consistency check, but I'd try lowering the music volume on the options-audio tab first. Using dummy files wold certainly work, if it doesn't crash the game that is (never really tried it)

Forum Admin "guardian of the magic cookiejar" Admin/Moderator I mostly use a flamethrower tank for disputes... Mostly

Existence Unknown
    NS2: 95x1HP Skulk escapes, latest NS2 Comic #49 GAS: Newton's third law was wrong?

K will try both.
    Dank u veel
    edited August 2010
    QUOTE (BRICE @ Aug 25 2010, 09:09 PM) »
    K will try both.
    Dank u veel

Google translator certainly uses old grammar, sounds more like a direct translation of words though image

Bedankt / Dank je (thanks)
    Dank U (usually used as a sign of respect/thank older people for instance)
    Hartelijk bedankt (Thank you very much)

That's more into this era

Existence Unknown

Alright i solved the problem.
    Created .txt documents, changed their name to xxxxxxxx.mp3, replaced original files with them.
    Now i dont have any problems with audio anymore.
  • aeroripperaeroripper Join Date: 2005-02-25 Member: 42471Posts: 2,104NS1 Playtester, Forum Moderators, Constellation mod
    edited September 2010
    To turn off the music, type this in console:

cl_musicenabled 0

To remove ambient sounds from maps, you have to replace those files with blank .mp3s or the method you used.