This is the biggest problem i got in my mind, because most games which are developed with new engine have some issues with the movement and the mouselook.
What many game developer make wrong for us gamer is the head bobbing, serious nobody want that, i mean in real life your view don't shake because your brain calibrate the shaking, because if the brain don't do that you will get sick.
Thats why you get sick if you are on a wheel swing and turn fast arround, your brain can't did the work that much.
Anyway i hope you understand my bad english.
I just want to say its very important to give the movement feeling of ns1.
- cartridges on the ground, i know most games don't do this, but it gives such a big atmosphere, you know do it clientside and make a option for that?
Like a controller bar: Cartridges time: 0-500 seconds.
- to close to the wall, the weapon gets a holster animation?
You know, if you walk as a marine to close to a wall, your pistol will hold up like the cops in some movies ^^
- bleeding players, i know it can be annoying but i just ask for a blood decal on the ground, for example a skulk bite a marine and get killed by the marine.
He respawns or his teammate hear that, go to the point and see that blood decal on the ground, so he know where the marine is gone or the marine did a trap you know...
- blood spray, its very hard as a german to see in team fortress 2, if you hit somebody or not, because you have no blood!
Our german version of tf2
(thx valve...) has tiny yellow sparks, yes sparks.
Please add some blood spray if you hit or bite a player, its very important for hit feedback.
- decals on the wall, i am sure you will insert it, but i hope you use something like "wood = impact decal #5" "metal = impact decal #6" and on.
and of course hopefully you did something like "player = impact decal".
i know this all is random and i guess you already did that :)