Looking for a skinner to Skin a Weapon Model

MayaraMayara Join Date: 2009-12-29 Member: 69810Members
<div class="IPBDescription">What the Title says ^</div>I have a Model I'm looking to get skinned and haven't a clue what you would need me to post to get the project on the way. It's a Lmg Replacement if thats any help.

Comments

• PipiPipi Join Date: 2009-12-09 Member: 69550Members
    I believe that skinning a HL1 weapon model would be pretty simple, if you're able to make the mesh you should be able to skin it.

Here, try this <a href="http://www.terabit-software.co.uk/" target="_blank">texture tool</a> along with some simple photoshoping and you should get going.
  • SnappyCrunchSnappyCrunch Join Date: 2004-08-03 Member: 30328Members, Constellation
    If you have a model that you're finished shaping, you need to do a process called "Unwrapping" or "UV-Unwrapping" or "UVW-Unwrapping". That unwraps the faces of the model and sort of lays them flat so you can paint them with a tool like Gimp or Photoshop. There are a number of tools that allow you to do that, what you do depends on what program you're using to make your model. Some programs have the ability built in, some don't. I suggest you do a google search for "(modeling program) unwrap" and see where that takes you.

For reference, my own models were created in Milkshape3D, unwrapped in LithUnwrap, and (poorly) skinned in the Gimp.
  • MayaraMayara Join Date: 2009-12-29 Member: 69810Members
    Hey Snappy I Used that lith unwrap thing and I think these are what you were talking about. Theres two .lub files. I would upload them here but apparently I'm not allowed to. If you want to take a crack at them let me know where i can email them to in a pm.